Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
can you hire npc wingmen ?
what about trading ? Are there any cap ships i can hire to trade stuff like in X games ?

>Automation
>In ED

That's just preposterous.

Suchy

Arcane
can you hire npc wingmen ?
what about trading ? Are there any cap ships i can hire to trade stuff like in X games ?
1 - Sort of. You can hire an NPC to man a launchable fighter, if your ship is big enough. Not sure if this is Horizons-only feature.
2 - Nope.

Horizons is a pay2win DLC.
Engineer bases are located on planets, and engineering ships make them way way better in everything. For example my fully combat equipped Python can still jump over 22 ly, or you can make a lightweight Anaconda with ~57 ly range. You stand no chance in a PVP combat against an enineered ship, which will outmaneuver, outrun and outgun you in seconds. Getting a fully upgraded ship is a long grind though, I'm still not done with my Python.
However, apart from Engineers and planetary outposts, there's quite a bit of Horizons-only content. I'm thinking about the whole alien related story, with ancient ruins or Thargoid bases which you can explore/activate in an SRV. You can't participate in, nor discover any of it without Horizons, you're just stuck with GalNet news feed about these findings. In the end i'm not regretting buying it.
As far as I know, the whole holo-me stuff was a first step to so called space-legs, where you're supposed to be able to walk around your ship and stations. Later in the futurue - atmospheric landings. Anyway I suppose these will be separate DLCs again.

Oh yes, it does look amazing in VR.
maxresdefault.jpg
[/spoler]

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

China unlike rest of the world doesn't allow non chinese companies to work in their market. To have that you need minimum partial ownership by chinese company to operate in china.

What this means is that Eile now can be sold officially in china.
One way is to license ip, second way is to have partial ownership by chinese company.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Can't give the fleshdrones too much freedom, naturally.

Tencent is worse cancer than EA as far as gaming companies go. Sadly I can't find the infographic about all the shit they pull right now.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
And you believe that? :lol:
This company has ca 200 employes and they suck up capital at an astronomic rate. They have the retarded rollercoaster game that does fairly well and ED which can hardly be doing well. The price is too low. hardly anyone will spend money for the color upgrades on ships. And the number of reviews indicates that not many people have bought the game recently. I rather think that they have only two choices, abandon ED or get some investor who makes a profit with microtransactions and bullshit.
Enter some chinese bullshit corporation who will turn this into a microtransaction grindfest and spyware app :lol:
Thats also why they could not make the game any more fun, it would not have worked with their monetization strategy. you are not supposed to enjoy the game but rather stay in a state of perpetual expectation.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And you believe that? :lol:
This company has ca 200 employes and they suck up capital at an astronomic rate. They have the retarded rollercoaster game that does fairly well and ED which can hardly be doing well. The price is too low. hardly anyone will spend money for the color upgrades on ships. And the number of reviews indicates that not many people have bought the game recently. I rather think that they have only two choices, abandon ED or get some investor who makes a profit with microtransactions and bullshit.
Instead of talking out of your ass, educate yourself:
http://ar2016.frontier.co.uk/assets/pdf/frontier-developments-2016-annual-report-and-accounts.pdf

Their overall performance was a few percent worse than in pervious year, but they are financially stable, Planet Coaster and ED doing well.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:lol: We have 2017
Instead of laughing like a jackass with that smiley, present me the 2017 report if you found them. I haven't found them, that's why I linked the previous full year's report. Besides, since they were doing well in 2016, I doubt they are hitting rock bottom in 6 months.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The game is truly doing terrible. Oh wait, it is not.

And Braben confirmed that it is copies of game sold, not couting paint jobs and other stuff you can purchase.

Company market value 323 million pounds. Share prices increased after Gamescom. Suck it down haters. :smug:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Skyrim sold well too. Doesn't make it a good game.

Although I must admit I really don't see the normie appeal in ED apart from fucking around with VR for a few hours.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Skyrim sold well too. Doesn't make it a good game.

Although I must admit I really don't see the normie appeal in ED apart from fucking around with VR for a few hours.
Sure, it was more of a jab at those who were claiming that ED is a flop and the company is going to get bankrupt any second now.

Hellraiser

Arcane

China unlike rest of the world doesn't allow non chinese companies to work in their market. To have that you need minimum partial ownership by chinese company to operate in china.

One way is to license ip, second way is to have partial ownership by chinese company.

Is 9% the bare minimum ownership for that? Just curious as I cannot find information regarding that anywhere. The stake they bought makes little sense otherwise. Frontier does not look like something anyone would add to their portfolio expecting a return and 9% does not really give them any decision-making power in the company.

Perkel

Arcane

Is 9% the bare minimum ownership for that? Just curious as I cannot find information regarding that anywhere. The stake they bought makes little sense otherwise. Frontier does not look like something anyone would add to their portfolio expecting a return and 9% does not really give them any decision-making power in the company.

FRONTIER is pretty stable finantially and is doing well YoY last time i saw news.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is this 'safe' to buy now? Have they stopped shitting out expansions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom