Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

deuxhero

Arcane
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/2nd-agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-comes-to-steam

Finally, some of you may remember talk of a new Japanese dungeon crawler that we’re in the process of bringing to PC, via Steam :) Well, with everything now finalised I’ll be able to reveal which one it is in next week’s blog. The game itself has never had a western release before, so we’re rather excited about it! :)

Does anyone with a better knowledge of that narrow type of game have any ideas? Wizardry is the only thing I, or the list of "first person" RPGs for PS3/360 on GameFAQs, can think of (maybe it's Diablo style and or a handheld game?) can think of, and that's a bit underwhelming.

(Thankfully Idea Factory seems to have never made such a game.)

deuxhero

Arcane
THANKFULLY that's only barely been released and its a sequel to a game that is scheduled for (butchered) English release and won't be it for sure.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, whatever it may be, I will likely be happy to see another dungeon crawler to come to PC.

As for modern Jap crawlers, Generation Xth is pretty good. Too bad we won't see the rest of the series translated.

Mortmal

Arcane
That ? i hope not...
:negative:
250px-Moero_Chronicle_boxart.png

Old Hans

Arcane
I want more Wizardry: Tales of the Forsaken Land/Dark Spire. Less budget bin anime pastel nightmares

deuxhero

Arcane
Apparently Elminage, which Ghostlight has published in PAL countries, is a dungeon crawler and a series. If it was a PS2/PSP game (not so much on the 3DS one though), it would certainly explain why they didn't mention releasing the original format as well (PSP is such a tiny market now, and apparently the only Sony staff capable of testing/liicensing new PS2 games is in South America).

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Good enough, though from what I've heard Elminage is a bit too simplistic. Any game by Experience would get me much more excited.

Anyway, here's hoping it sells well so we can get more various dungeon crawlers translated in the future.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i guess this might be a good time to try the english release of the first elminage.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The original Elminage looked cool but was apparently pretty badly translated and had a couple bad bugs in it. Everything I read made it sound like a clunkier Wizardry 7. I don't know anything about this one but it looks cool and I'm totally down for a recent Wizardry-like dungeon crawler on the PC.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
The original Elminage looked cool but was apparently pretty badly translated and had a couple bad bugs in it. Everything I read made it sound like a clunkier Wizardry 7. I don't know anything about this one but it looks cool and I'm totally down for a recent Wizardry-like dungeon crawler on the PC.

I haven't played much Wizardry 7 but Elminage Original plays like the earlier Wizardry games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/agarest-zero-dlc-bundle-6-makes-its-way-to-steam

69gWwCs.jpg

In other news, work on the PSP to PC conversion of Elminage Gothic has been going incredibly well and I’m pleased to say that the vast majority of the game has now been localised into English. There are still some very small pockets of Japanese text present in the game which we’re discovering through the pre-Beta testing phase, but we’re making great progress.

A big thank-you goes out to Tom for working with us on the English translation – he’s been doing a brilliant job on his first localisation project for Ghostlight :) In addition to the localisation process itself, we’ve also started adding some of the options specific to PC too, such as increased resolution for character/monster art, some amazing Steam Trading Cards and that all important windowed mode.

The conversion is going so well in fact, that we’re expecting the Steam Elminage Gothic closed Beta to be starting in the next couple of weeks. So, if you’re a hardened-dungeon-crawling-adventurer who’s interested in taking part in the Beta testing phase, we’ll soon be posting details on the blog of how to apply, so keep watching this space :)

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
Is this one better than Elminage Original? I thought that game was ok, but uninspired.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elminage-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4adaee36dd
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elminage-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item19f2e6572a
Why the fuck is this game so expensive. I know it says limited to 300 copies but why? I recall browsing the Ghostlight web store some time ago and I think they had that game for like 20 pounds.
Though those might just be some eBay high as fuck buy it now price gougers, I doubt there's high enough demand for that game (outside obsessive PAL PSP collectors maybe) to warrant such a high price for such a resent game, where as with Xenoblade Chronicles the high prices are more understandable.
Any one here got it?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why the fuck is this game so expensive. I know it says limited to 300 copies but why? I recall browsing the Ghostlight web store some time ago and I think they had that game for like 20 pounds.
Though those might just be some eBay high as fuck buy it now price gougers, I doubt there's high enough demand for that game (outside obsessive PAL PSP collectors maybe) to warrant such a high price for such a resent game, where as with Xenoblade Chronicles the high prices are more understandable.
Any one here got it?
it's a psn game. you can buy it on psn for 15 bucks or so. those limited physical copies are just pure wankery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom