Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Em-8er: New game from Firefall creator

Idiott

Arcane
Couldn't find any thread about this, just merge if there is any.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/em-8er-mech-vs-kaiju-wargame-m3-milestone/x/14688128#/

Em-8ER is played online, in a persistent open world where players must conquer and terraform new territory and wage a huge war against an aggressive shape-shifting group of aliens and monstrous creatures. While there is nothing quite like Em-8ER, we've been influenced by games/films/anime such as:

• Planetside 2 - Massive open world wars, but ours are PvE.
  • Firefall - Jetpacks, gliding and thumping. Fast movement.
  • Starcraft - RTS base building (We worked on this game too)
  • Pacific Rim - Kaiju! Giant monster battles!
  • Attack on Titan - Fast, agile humans with vertical combat vs giants.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles - Mecha! But ours are smaller, more like exosuits.
Em-8ER offers a a blend taken from a little bit of each of these inspirations, and more. Our experience with delivering large scale worlds like World of Warcraft and Firefall mean we are in a unique position to deliver on this vision.

They are advertising it as a spiritual successor to Firefall, PvE only, free to play.
Looks like it will get funded, so here's hoping they manage to finish it. I wonder if it will be any better than Firefall and manage to avoid similar drama.

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering it's Kern who was the reason behind Firefall's failure I can't wait to see this train wreck in action.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
How long did Firefall last again? Oh right, games don't die anymore these days. I assume it wallows in F2P obscurity now.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really liked Firefall a lot when it came out.
Good PvE, interesting class & equipment system, just generally well done gunplay, events, etc.

And then they just went and fucked it all up for no reason. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how exactly this thing could crash so hard after a very promising start.

This has some info: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefall/comments/4otu12/did_we_ever_find_out_why/
And according to that, the guy that runs this campaign is mostly to blame. Then again, I played the game after he got sacked and it was good. It was after his time that everything went to shits.
So.... it is a mystery.

Afaik, about a year or two ago, most devs were fired and now the game is just a buggy shell of what it once was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom