Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Embarrassing - Codex is still served over HTTP

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Most of the civilized web has moved to HTTPS years ago, especially since it's so easy, fast, and painless with free certificates issued by Let's Encrypt. This lawless wasteland remains embarrassingly backwards with its unencrypted, plaintext content ready to be scooped up and intercepted by whoever happens to be somewhere along the connection. Disgusting!

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
No, he was booted from the Codex or self-ejected and never made a bet for this year.

Considering he offered to pay $100 if you bet $1 on Grimoire release last year, you can clearly see that he is a dumbfuck who would have lost lots of money if he wasn't lucky enough to be booted.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I suggest to change the word Embarassing to Amberassing. Just an idea for the naitiff englisch speekers to improve your language. Amberassing just sounds better.

I have more ideas to fix the englisch language, btw. One example:
English ppl often say stuff like the day after tomorrow or in two days etc. This is retarded. There's a word for that ffs. let's compare with German:
(to)morrow - morgen
day after tomorrow - übermorgen
in 3 days - überübermorgen

So what I propose for all English speakers is to use the term ubermorrow and uberubermorrow. I know Americans are used to the syllable "uber" but should the English not feel comfortable using a German syllable, you could use over- instead, e.g. overmorrow and overovermorrow.

Likewise with yesterday. First that -day part is redundant, yes we know we're talking about days here, no need to specifically mention it. So yesterday really should be "yestern". Again, German:
yestern - gestern
foreyestern - vorgestern (day before yesterday)
foreforeyestern - vorvorgestern

So, I encourage all english speakers to use the terms yestern, foreyestern, foreforeyestern and also ubermorrow and uberubermorrow. I expect you to start using those words at home and then methodically spread the words around where you live. Every now and again I will ask you about the progress you've made with this project.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
No, he was booted from the Codex or self-ejected and never made a bet for this year.

Considering he offered to pay $100 if you bet $1 on Grimoire release last year, you can clearly see that he is a dumbfuck who would have lost lots of money if he wasn't lucky enough to be booted.
Who are you talking about? I only just registered last month.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
o, I encourage all english speakers to use the terms yestern, foreyestern, foreforeyestern and also ubermorrow and uberubermorrow.

You realise that this is all the fault of the Frenchies? If they hadn't sauntered in like they owned the place we'd still all be speaking Anglo Saxon. Well, the filthy Anglo Saxons would - I'd be speaking Brythonic Celtic. :obviously:

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
If you want it you should pay for it. Have you done your part for the 'dex?
Even the scummiest cheapiest shitholes on the internet have TLS. This is just an integral part of web deployment. There is no excuse to not have it, its introduction is almost effortless. Serving static content over HTTP looks bad enough, a website that has user accounts and thousands of active users that does not encrypt its connections is a disaster waiting to happen and a huge embarrassment for the maintainers. If there is a single improvement that needs to be done it's this. Makes you think how bad the rest of the site's environment could really be, if such a crucial part is being neglected for so long without any actual reason.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Are you really a good fit to run a website with thousands of users if you can't see the importance of such a rudimentary thing? You're like a bank manager that refuses to switch to something better than a tumbler lock on the vault.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Oh look, he got so buthurt over me pointing out his incompetence he had to adorn my account with no less than 4 (FOUR) tags. Do you really think I give a shit at this point? This is a site ran by amateurs.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Look man, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Isn't it silly to get SO furious over such a silly thing? Is there anything preventing you from rolling out TLS on the Codex? Is it reasonable to sperg out with your internet forum admin revenge buttons on somebody who wants to help you secure the website and make it more modern? It's just baffling.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
So what you're saying is...

Codex is old school :positive:
In the same way contracting smallpox is oldschool.

Look, every time you log into codex, your password is transmitted in plain text and anyone who happens to be between you and the server can freely read it. If you use your codex password anywhere else, consider it compromised.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Most of the civilized web has moved to HTTPS years ago, especially since it's so easy, fast, and painless with free certificates issued by Let's Encrypt. This lawless wasteland remains embarrassingly backwards with its unencrypted, plaintext content ready to be scooped up and intercepted by whoever happens to be somewhere along the connection. Disgusting!

Not this again, jcd.

:prosper:

P.S. the admins actually turned on HTTPS one day. It broke everything.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Look man, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Isn't it silly to get SO furious over such a silly thing? Is there anything preventing you from rolling out TLS on the Codex? Is it reasonable to sperg out with your internet forum admin revenge buttons on somebody who wants to help you secure the website and make it more modern? It's just baffling.

You should feel blessed - the prestigious double-dumbfuck is not bestowed upon just any regular shitposter.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
You should feel blessed - the prestigious double-dumbfuck is not bestowed upon just any regular shitposter.
Actually, it's quadruple now, but thanks.

Not this again, jcd.

:prosper:

P.S. the admins actually turned on HTTPS one day. It broke everything.

That's because they're amateurs who should not be trusted with a geocities spiderman fan site, much less a giant forum like the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom