Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Empty Posts and Quotes without Replies

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I've been reading this forum for over a decade and like any other forum there's always a lot of shit to sift through. Some newfag years are worse than others (although this one does seem particularly bad) but I read through it all anyways and don't ignore anyone.

What I've noticed lately is a crap-load of empty posts, meaning, there are no words in it and also a lot where they quote someone and don't actually reply, again, don't type any of their own words or thoughts or why they agreed/disagreed with something.

It just adds to the clutter. Is this a bug in the forum software or a new thing? I don't get it, if you don't have anything to say, why post something saying absolutely fuck all? It's idiotic. I start rereading a quote that I just read three posts up and there's no reply.

I'd suggest simply deleting all of that junk, or moving it into a 'special' thread composed entirely of empty posts. Call it 'All the Vacuous People' or something.

I've been reading this forum for over a decade and like any other forum there's always a lot of shit to sift through. Some newfag years are worse than others (although this one does seem particularly bad) but I read through it all anyways and don't ignore anyone.

What I've noticed lately is a crap-load of empty posts, meaning, there are no words in it and also a lot where they quote someone and don't actually reply, again, don't type any of their own words or thoughts or why they agreed/disagreed with something.

It just adds to the clutter. Is this a bug in the forum software or a new thing? I don't get it, if you don't have anything to say, why post something saying absolutely fuck all? It's idiotic. I start rereading a quote that I just read three posts up and there's no reply.

I'd suggest simply deleting all of that junk, or moving it into a 'special' thread composed entirely of empty posts. Call it 'All the Vacuous People' or something.

Don Peste

Arcane
Have you tried updating your Internet Explorer? Also run an antivirus scan and post the results or pm them to me.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's actually a bug or the adblocker being real confused about the codex cutting edge in-post ad technology. I saw infinitron do it once.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

I think what you describe are two different and unrelated things. The completely empty posts seem to be a bug or have something to do with the browser, I dunno, but I encounter it too. The other is just empty-quoting which is hardly something new but for some reason has become more prevalent again lately and really goes on my nuts too. The solution to the former may be to use another browser, the solution to the latter is to update your ignore list.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

I think what you describe are two different and unrelated things. The completely empty posts seem to be a bug or have something to do with the browser, I dunno, but I encounter it too. The other is just empty-quoting which is hardly something new but for some reason has become more prevalent again lately and really goes on my nuts too. The solution to the former may be to use another browers, the solution to the latter is to update your ignore list.

Nevill

Arcane
I have problems in Chrome with embedded tweets. Those show up as empty spaces. Even with uBlock off.

Can't quite figure out why.

Nevill

Arcane
Ok, I tracked down my problem. It was Ghostery blocking twitter widgets. Nevermind. :stupid:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Did Nevill actually say anything here? I can't see anything.

Nevill

Arcane
What Black Sorcery is this? How the hell did you quote my post without quoting my post? :?

PeachPlumage

Cipher
No black sorcery only The Management™ NSFW

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom