Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Deflowerer

Arcane
Just put a PSX redump Asian collection torrent to download. 700GB. Feels good.

Edit: ExoDOS collection as well, ca 300gb.

:cool:

Last edited:
New saturn retroarch core:

I hope dreamcast gets some love too.

Beetle Saturn is very faithful but it has hideous input lag (7 frames minimum, as of my last measurement). Will give this one a try.

edit: I can't get it to boot anything. What BIOS files are you using?

edit2: I hadn't updated my Beetle Saturn core in awhile. I've just updated it and can now run Panzer Dragoon Zwei with a very respectable 3 frames of delay.

I miss this era of gaming - there was a lot up to the imagination as 3D capabilities were very modest, but this game was so very atmospheric with every one of its elements - graphic design, sound and especially the music was quite evocative. The game is simple but fun. Great place to escape to for a couple of hours.

panzerdragooniizweius07co1.png

panzerdragooniizweius5leae.png

panzerdragooniizweius8yim1.png

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am having some troubles with CEMU cheats in Zelda BOTW. I have FPS++ enabled, I have deleted the semicolons in the appropriate lines of the script but... it's not working ? I'm still getting killed ? :(

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
could someone do me a solid and boot up Persona 5 on the latest build of RPCS3 off their website? It's october 23rd build (unless they updated just now while I'm posting).

Leave it at default settings, and just boot up Persona 5, and let me know what performance you get? Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

(I took a long, long break from playing P5 and now, for whatever reason recent rpcs3 builds have been running P5 like dogshit for me even though a few months ago it was working perfectly. I tried asking on the reddit for rpcs3 but that place is dead and no one answered.)

I am playing Persona 5 with RPCS3 for almost a year... a little bit a time (I think am still around 70% of my first playthrough), switching from Linux and Windows10. I haven't noted any slowdown in the last build. Maybe there is an improvement in the vulkan graphics (some minor glitches seems to be solved).

My Core 2 Duo is too slow for GC Metroid games on Dolphin, guyz which are minimum system requirements to run them at full speed, even with bells and whistles off?
A Core2Quad at 3GHz+ should run Dolphin fine as well as plenty of current gen games at equal or better than console fps. I hope you've realized by now that the people telling you to go with 2 cores instead of 4, or 4 threads instead of 8 just to save 50 bucks back then were giving terrible advice.

I am having some troubles with CEMU cheats in Zelda BOTW. I have FPS++ enabled, I have deleted the semicolons in the appropriate lines of the script but... it's not working ? I'm still getting killed ? :(
Is the fps++ graphics pack even working? I believe one of the recent cemu versions required graphics packs to be updated or something.

The only important cheat is turning off durability (and then stick to the area appropriate traveler/soldier/knight weapons for balance).

Last edited:

Curratum

Off the wall - is there a way to make WinKawaks recognize the x360 dpad for stick inputs? It only detects the stick and I hate playing with a thumbstick.

My Core 2 Duo is too slow for GC Metroid games on Dolphin, guyz which are minimum system requirements to run them at full speed, even with bells and whistles off?
A Core2Quad at 3GHz+ should run Dolphin fine as well as plenty of current gen games at equal or better than console fps. I hope you've realized by now that the people telling you to go with 2 cores instead of 4, or 4 threads instead of 8 just to save 50 bucks back then were giving terrible advice.

Is the fps++ graphics pack even working? I believe one of the recent cemu versions required graphics packs to be updated or something.

The only important cheat is turning off durability (and then stick to the area appropriate traveler/soldier/knight weapons for balance).
Why would you even want to play BotW without durability? At first I didn't really care for it but then I realized that it forced me to use everything at my disposal and be creative, at least for the first half of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom