Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

Elthosian

Arcane
Niiice, rough in the edges as far as the trailer goes but nothing that can't be fixed with enough feedback, definitely keeping an eye on it.

naossano

Cipher
How is this any better than JA:F?

It has less features, so less risks to spread too thin and fail all those features.
I rather see them make a mission-based at first, to master the tech and gain some cash, then become more open-ended when they can afford.
They can doing fast or slow, like Shadowrun, as long as they don't overstep their capabilities/budget too fast.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:necro:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/481932408/1456416807

Greetings everyone!

It has been a while since last update and I just want to let you know that the game is still in development. There has been a lot of feedback after the greenlight campaign that has helped to guide the development. Also we've made a lot of progress in both technical and graphical parts of the game in last few months, which we are excited to show you!

8KVxz1r.jpg

At this time I also want to announce that we have founded a new game company, Iron SIght, which will be focusing on developing End State. Originally End State was a one man project with occasional help from friends and freelancers, but now we have a few more passionate people dedicated to the project.

oM2OmD5.png

Thanks for staying tuned with End State!

- phosphorus

spectre

Arcane
Still alive then, excellent.

This shot reminds me a bit of Silent Storm and these are good memories.

spectre

Arcane
Cut the guy some slack, it's prolly how he sees the real world most of the time. They have like two days of actual summer in Finland.

Severian Silk

Not really excited by the setting. Antiterror video games are boring. JA2, Shadowrun and X-COM on the other hand are cool.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not really excited by the setting. Antiterror video games are boring. JA2, Shadowrun and X-COM on the other hand are cool.
I agree but if they get the gameplay right... I don't care even if I'm playing a Mall security guard.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I agree but if they get the gameplay right... I don't care even if I'm playing a Mall security guard.

I like that idea. Defending the mall from terrorists, using improvised weapons and people that are not really skilled for combat :)

Not that the X-com soldier has any more skill... actually, X-com soldiers seems to be recruited from the mall cop pool when I think about it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game looks fucking great, but I swear to God: Any time a squad-based tactical game or RPG includes a body-part aiming system, you people spurt huge ropes of fucking cum everywhere.

When presented with a squad-based tactical game or RPG, one of the very first questions you tend to ask is: "Can I shoot at individual body parts?" If the answer is no, then the game's clearly too simple and is therefore shit. Doesn't matter what other features it has; if you can't noscope 360 people in the face, clearly it's shit.

I don't get it, at all, particularly since military or paramilitary operatives—INCLUDING SNIPERS—are trained to shoot for center of mass.

Well, carry on.

Temesis

Arcane
Developer
Hello! First post in these forums.

The game looks great and obviously has a talented developer on the stick. But as somebody mentioned... antiterror might not be the best theme for this type of game. The characters are small and graphics are realistic... I think the end result might easily be a little bland.

I feel also that emulating antiterror operations with turn-based gameplay might be hard. Not an expert, but usually they involve simultaneous coordination and attacks. Maybe a mechanic closer to Frozen Synapse where you plan and then simultaneously execute would work better, at least if you are striving for "realism".

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
Interface/game design looks pretty halfassed and pathetic for something someone's been refining for a decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom