Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Endless Legend, fantasyland trying to fix Endless Space's flaws

covr

Prophet
Patron
AI has been vastly improved recently.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looks solid but waiting for a super duper everything included we promise this time pack.

covr

Prophet
Patron
EL base + DLC Guardians + DLC Shadows is everything you'll ever need. You can download rest when it's free. Of course if you're new to Endless Legend only the base gase will give you hundreds of hours of fun gameplay; the the DLC's will give you some extra factions/techs/mechanics suitable for more expercienced players.

exe

Augur
How does the hero skill trees work? With one hero I went all the way to the top right army bonuses, then I could get the "no Winter penalty" skill. With another I went all left top and then could get the winter skill. With a third hero I went to the top left again, but once I reached it I couldn't take the winter skill, how does that work?

ArchAngel

Arcane
How does the hero skill trees work? With one hero I went all the way to the top right army bonuses, then I could get the "no Winter penalty" skill. With another I went all left top and then could get the winter skill. With a third hero I went to the top left again, but once I reached it I couldn't take the winter skill, how does that work?
You have to connect all the lines.
Or you cannot go downward with lines.

covr

Prophet
Patron
how much do the two dlcs change of the base mechanics? because i'm pretty fed up with the vanilla.

-Shadows adds spying/espionage mechanics to the game. It is completely optional but fun. So you've got something like new 'resource', some new techs and a new faction.
-Guardians adds cosmetic changes: some new techs connected to the guardians (uber units appearing in the middle of the game) and some new quests available for every faction (not connected to the 'guardian' stuff).

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Grabbed this due to the Steam sale. Looks like there are no teams/team victories in multiplayer (which even CivV has).

But the singleplayer is fun so far. The factions seem very different, at least when compared to the Civ series.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You'll have to ally with another player/AI for a team victory.

darthaegis

Cipher
http://explorminate.net/2016/01/21/amplitude-studios-announces-a-new-faction-and-expansion/
Endless Legend to Get a New eXpansion and Faction
By eXplorminate on January 21, 2016 • ( 1 Comment )
lineup_gdd.jpg

Today, during Amplitude’s Endless Day Twitch stream, Amplitude announced an upcoming eXpansion pack for Endless Legend that will feature a new faction, the Allayi, that focus on exploiting the winter to their advantage. There will also be a new resource that the Allayi will take special advantage of and new Winter mechanics that haven’t been completely revealed yet. We’ll update this post as we learn more, but for now we know that it should be here before Summer of this year!

Huzzah!

allayi2.png

The Allayi will change forms in the Winter and become more aggressive.

allayi3.png

Their city concept sketches.

img_0644.png

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I didn't try the new faction fully yet (only played like 20 turns), but the new mechanic behind this expansion seems really lame. The pearls are basically a pickup collectible that spawns during winter and that you later need to collect by running armies over it. Such shit belongs in a console arcade game ffs, not in a 4X game, especially one with the animation speed of Endless Legend (that you still cannot increase outside of tactical battles that everyone autoresolves anyway).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bought the base game a few months ago and was very underwhelmed by the AI. Is multiplayer any good?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bought the base game a few months ago and was very underwhelmed by the AI. Is multiplayer any good?
It actually is. That is ofcourse if you find patient people that won't leave in the middle of the game. Then the AI takes over and as you said...it's underwhelming.
Generally good game though

DramaticPopcorn

So, this one has been sitting in my library for quite awhile now.

The difference between factions is very pronounced making them all feel actually unique. Personal quests are somewhat uneven, some stages for certain factions are pure bullshit (have x unit of level x in your army and stuff like that). Minor factions are too inconsequential in general: they aren't very agressive at low levels and it's pretty much a no-brainer to just pacify them asap, most of their quests give too much for too little effort.

As far as basic gameplay goes: everything is tied too much to territory, you cannot realistically compete with few cities against other factions. There's also barely any reason not to expand as approval and dust penalties are pretty inconsequential 15-20 turns in.

The fact that even the most basic diplomacy is hidden behind research wall and taken into account how pointless the minor factions are, the game was designed to compete with other empires but the AI just isn't competetive from mid-game on.

The Ai just doesn't make use of all the different aspects of the game, they will barely upgrade their units, or pactify minor factions, they won't gather pearls, they won't expand cities when possible, some factions barely research past 2nd era.

Tactical battles are kinda shit. There are no usable abilities, it's all about positioning your units and using hard counters. Animations are slow and cannot be skipped, same goes for moving armies.

Overall, I can't help but draw similarities to Endless Space, in which the AI was complete shit as well but this one has a bit more going for it and should be fun in Multiplayer

P.S.: Shifters is a pretty good expansion, it adds a ton of new stuff, new districts, new mechanic, pearls to collect (auto-exploring units don't do that, btw :M)

Fuck off with that DLC bullshit. Same reason i wont buy Mordheim. :rage:

Wake me up when there's a complete edition.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
As far as basic gameplay goes: everything is tied too much to territory, you cannot realistically compete with few cities against other factions. There's also barely any reason not to expand as approval and dust penalties are pretty inconsequential 15-20 turns in.

Isn't there a faction which (like Venice in CiV) can only build one city?

I didn't buy the game yet, even though it looks good and interesting, but every time I'm about to press the buy button, I watch a Youtube video and then think meh, maybe the complete version in a few months.

I have the soundtrack, which seems to be one of the best aspects of the game anyway.

DramaticPopcorn

I didn't buy the game yet, even though it looks good and interesting, but every time I'm about to press the buy button, I watch a Youtube video and then think meh, maybe the complete version in a few months.

I have the soundtrack, which seems to be one of the best aspects of the game anyway.

Yeah I discovered that later.

Also,
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/448/

How is this not complete edition? WTF men.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Cultists

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom