Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Endless Space

Multi-headed Cow

[i.imgur.com]

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS [Disharmony]
  • Added 24 colonisation events: these events can now be triggered when colonizing a new planet
  • Added 8 exploration events
  • Added the Vaulters’ introduction cinematic
  • Added the Vaulters’ Victory and Defeat screen

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS [Both version]
  • Added a global governor that allows the player to modify all their star system governors at once
  • Added the ability to mod the loading screens
  • Added 20 portraits for heroes
  • Improved the construction queue:
    • Bottom of all queues: You can now add an improvement at the bottom of the construction queue of all your systems by pressing CTRL when you click on the chosen improvement
    • Top of all queues: You can now add an improvement at the top of the construction queue of all your systems by pressing CTRL + ALT when you click on the wanted improvement
    • Top: You can now add an improvement at the top of the construction queue of a system by pressing ALT when you click on the chosen improvement
  • Improved the military AI
    • Improved the AI threat evaluation
    • Improved the way the AI handles retreats
    • Improved the AI ship design choices and fleet construction to reduce ship spamming in end game
  • Added the ability for the AI to start the game with a custom faction
  • Updated German localisation

BUG FIXES [PC & Mac]
  • Fixed an issue with end game save and manual battle crashes
  • Fixed several errors
  • Fixed an issue with pirate fleets
  • Fixed an issue with a changed diplomatic condition
  • Fixed an issue where turn based improvements statuses were not progressing when another improvement has previously been bought out
  • Fixed an issue where System Production Queue displayed an incorrect time to completion
  • Fixed a multiplayer issue with rally points
  • Fixed an issue where the game crashed when “Auto Explore” mode was activated if the fleet was guarded
  • Fixed an issue with the empire influence
  • Fixed an issue where the custom faction trait “Make Science, Not War” was not reducing weight costs on modules
  • Fixed an issue where the improvement “Xenotourism Agencies” was affecting the colonisable but not colonised planets of the system
  • Fixed an issue where the improvement “Advanced App Labs” was not reducing Science during construction
  • Fixed a typo in a XML file
  • Fixed an issue where the Mercurite bonus was not applied
  • Fixed an issue with the description of the Sower technology “Inorganic Cultivation”
  • Fixed an issue where the tooltip was not reflecting the gameplay
  • Fixed an issue with the Pilgrim technology “Statis Center”
  • Fixed an issue where the Portal Particle Screens tooltip was referring to the system instead of the empire

Have fun!
~Amplitude Studios

lightbane

Arcane
So, is this game fully playable now? How easy/hard is for a newbie in this genre to take on? I liked the visuals and it seems to have a cool lore.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So, is this game fully playable now? How easy/hard is for a newbie in this genre to take on? I liked the visuals and it seems to have a cool lore.

Game has a beautiful aesthetic, has some nice systems and concepts but is let down by the utterly horrible combat and the lack of "soul".

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh it has plenty of "soul", it's the most soul-ly 4X of all the recent games. Plus it has fantastic visual design and music, as in seriously good. Lore and special events/resources are p. decent especially with all the DLC like Disharmony and the Vaulters.

Decent tech tree unlike Gaciv or Sword of the Stars etc.

Combat is pretty much non-existent though. This shouldn't bother me as I auto-resolve 99% of battles even in Total War and SotS, but that one time I do want to fight an epic speeehs opera battle, I can't.

Difficulty ranges from laughably easy to ridiculous, loltastic cheating so it should be easy to get into.

Apart from the combat, my biggest issue is the ridiculously fast rate at which the AI builds ships, and has the command points to have big fleets even though their general tech level is far below yours, even on medium difficulty. They'll build a thousand thousand ships with very little power, then start to blockade your systems. They retreat when you send a fleet to kick them out, but come back soon after, and in a few more systems at the same time, while you can only build and concentrate forces in like 1 or 2 places at a time.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Oh it has plenty of "soul", it's the most soul-ly 4X of all the recent games. Plus it has fantastic visual design and music, as in seriously good. Lore and special events/resources are p. decent especially with all the DLC like Disharmony and the Vaulters.

Decent tech tree unlike Gaciv or Sword of the Stars etc.

Combat is pretty much non-existent though. This shouldn't bother me as I auto-resolve 99% of battles even in Total War and SotS, but that one time I do want to fight an epic speeehs opera battle, I can't.

Difficulty ranges from laughably easy to ridiculous, loltastic cheating so it should be easy to get into.

Apart from the combat, my biggest issue is the ridiculously fast rate at which the AI builds ships, and has the command points to have big fleets even though their general tech level is far below yours, even on medium difficulty. They'll build a thousand thousand ships with very little power, then start to blockade your systems. They retreat when you send a fleet to kick them out, but come back soon after, and in a few more systems at the same time, while you can only build and concentrate forces in like 1 or 2 places at a time.
It's uterly soulless 4x designed by bullet list features and with no character to it.

Endless legend fixed a lot of these issues and is an much superior experience.

Misconnected

Savant
Endless Legend was awesomesauce. I am cautiously optimistic about this. I just want shitloads more diversity in the tech tree and a much better AI. And a few tweaks of the GUI. If they do that they can basically sell me the same game again and call it 2.0

Dexter

Arcane
Been trying this after Stellaris, since I wanted to try some more similar space-based 4X games and I already had it in inventory. Endless Space hits you with a boring WALL-O-TEXT for the first ~30 or so minutes right after starting the game trying to very poorly explain all its supposedly intricate systems, then starts the lame gameplay where you can basically explore ~4-5 systems which happens in 10 minutes and you can make a few planets grow while always only having to choose a single thing to Research. You have to take certain Research paths for even the most basic gameplay functions to unlock, like not being trapped and being able to escape the first few enclosed systems via "wormholes" or engaging in Diplomacy with other Empires like declaring "Peace".

The game is kind of simplistic while overcomplicated in its menus and has a clunky/ugly UI that doesn't even seem to support any Scaling and from the point you break free from the first blocks the game sets in your path it's a long boring slog to expanding via colony ships and amassing space fleets, which are limited in their size via "Command Points" to take on enemies, for which you have to micro-manage every single system and switch between Research/Production/Money etc. facilities on various planets.

The combat system on top of it is just stupid, who the fuck came up with the idea to make it a random card battle game from where the enemies can apparently even Retreat over and over again and annoy you while a static animation displaying the same thing over and over again plays every time you choose "Manual".

GalCiv III or Sins of a Solar Empire next.

tindrli

Arcane
none Try Distant worlds universe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom