Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games back on the map with PC-exclusive Fortnite

Ethan Duvall

Learned
Epic’s Cliff Bleszinski the most hardcode PC exclusive developer announced at a Comic-Con(LOL) a new truly next gen geam.

Lets see the majestic screenshots of the future, Unreal 3 Unreal 4 engine:

BuildingFinal.jpg

Environment2_gallery_post.jpg

“In Fortnite, players will explore, forage, collaborate and build by day in their own dynamic and expanding world. At night, they’ll work together to defend their prized fortress from the forces of darkness. [Comic-Con] attendees also received a first look at Fortnite’s building system, which is designed so that players can use scavenged materials to quickly build and renovate structures of varying materials and complexity.”

ohh I see Cliff has some gay romance with Notch! So much innovatshun!

Anyway the future of PC games looks colorful, gahahahaha

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
They just need a showcase for their UE4, so don't really expect a big huge investment on the game itself.

Besides, it will be more an incomplete UE4 demo anyway (say, UE 3.5), since the big cheese himself said that UE4 won't be really feature complete till ~2014.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, that's possible. What really makes me happy is that they are making a PC only game. And one with a colorful design, not a shit-brown Gears of War.

potatojohn

Arcane
Oh great, PC only AAA games. Hopefully it's not a trend because I still have nightmares about 1995-2004 where I had to buy a new computer every year just so I could run the latest games at more than 10 fps.

Ethan Duvall

Learned
Originally, Bleszinski said, Fortnite followed a more traditional post-apocalyptic, The Road-inspired aesthetic, but the team found the style "depressing." Designer Pete Ellis showed the evolution of one of the game's zombie-like enemy types, The Husk, and its transition from scary, wiry undead to its current more cartoonish style. The panel also revealed the name of the previously revealed enemy, the squat, teleporting Troll, which Bleszisnki described as "a manifestation of everything on the Internet that I hate."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482242

roofles!

Multi-headed Cow

Fuck Cliffyb and fuck Epic. They're on my shitlist for all their bitching about PC gaming the past years.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dear Esther is also PC exclusive

That must mean something

Like who cares which platform dumb shit is released on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom