Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

So $10 to add bonuses to a single nation that is already very powerful?

I think this is EU4's Horse Armor DLC.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You're right about that. I could hardly believe it when I read about two direct and one indirect bonus they are giving to army morale of Russian armies. I can't believe this thing has been thoroughly tested.

McPlusle

Savant
I was thinking of going back to EU4 (haven't played regularly in at least two years) but after all this DLC shit I'm thinking about just playing III since I already have everything for that.

Andnjord

Arcane
perhaps you should try vanilla first then. lots have been changed, even more added to the game.

That's not a bad idea. The whole estates and the way buildings work now confused the hell out of me.
Estates and buildings are completely different in M&T 2 than in Vanilla, so that wouldn't help you much. Buildings in M&t 2 are complete, but as far as I'm aware Estates still require a lot of work for the modding team to consider them 'finished'. Loyalty events are placeholder, civil wars aren't in (other than the crappy vanilla one).

Hows M&T 2? Heard a lot of hype about how it changes basically everything, most notably the pops stuff.
Depends what you're looking for. If you're more into the number-crunching, power-gaming aspect you'll prefer vanilla. If simulation is more your cup of tea then you'l prefer M&T 2, I know I do.

DLC wise you might want to grab Common Sense and Cossack. While you don't need them to play M&T (they're not using any of the features), the modding team have hijacked the interfaces from those those DLCs to display their own features in much clearer ways.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
M&T 2 is still number crunching though. Not a lot of simulation going on, no important events occurring at their historic dates. It's still pretty rough, and will probably never be finished.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
This bullshit also needs to go:

KM1khpo.jpg

I may need to mod this out myself.

Tigranes

Arcane
Anybody tried Common Universalis mod? It looks and feels good, but I can't figure out how to increase militarization, which cripples my armies since it limits my max morale at something like 0.9. And the mod, while seemingly popular, really doesn't have a lot of online discussion or documentation.

Tried M&T2, it adds a shitton of stuff and (1) it slows down even reasonable PCs, and (2) I think beyond a certain point adding 8000 new features and modifiers ruins the game; and due to limitations on how you can mod them in & display them, you end up with literally a hundred country modifiers and other not very easily viewable numbers that you have to keep chasing down in oblique ways. Maybe it gets better once you internalise the system.

M&T2 is actually pretty easy to handle once you realize that 90% of the economic stuff is handled appropriately by the pops and estates investing in their own provinces. All you have to handle is communication efficiency (put regional capitals at appropriate places and construct some roads) and funding your court. Other than that you actually have to manage less than vanilla in most instances, the only other big element is managing the estates' privileges (revoke them all and don't get stuck at negative stability or they'll force them back). Doesn't seem to slow down too much on my PC.

Haven't tried Common Universalis. From the screenshots it looks like it just steals some M&T features and simplifies the rest?

EU4 vanilla is honestly getting close to the point where it's becoming M&T levels of overloaded mechanics. New expansion: another meter to fill and another stat to track!

Tigranes

Arcane
Right, it's about the heuristics for which modifiers to concentrate on and what relates to what - you sort of have to learn large parts of the game all over again, which isn't a horrible thing, but I feel like vanilla w/ DLCs has enough bells and whistles now that I don't know if this is really a superior experience. It seemed like it slowed down a fair bit after a few decades when I tried with Korea.

CU is a lot more subtle - there's not a lot of New Buttons To Press and whatnot. It just seems to focus on the most sensible under the hood changes - e.g. VeF, CU, M&T2 etc all agree on some kind of mechanism for slowing down blobbing & adding penalties to territorial size. I am looking forward to this 'vanilla with some touches' experience but I need to sort out militarisation.

Vatnik Wumao
Russia sadly went into my planned expansion's territory in East Dnieper, but oh well. At least I got two provinces in Crimea that the Ottomans didn't care about.
esqkkpb.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Russia sadly went into my planned expansion's territory in East Dnieper, but oh well. At least I got two provinces in Crimea that the Ottomans didn't care about.
That is why you take the outer provinces first to cut off your allies from the land you want. Also you will most likely end up in a war with Russia because her mission tree goes in to the land you have. For a faster growth you should bounce between different religious enemy,that way the AE impact is lowered. AE is the most retarded modifier in the game,it is real bast to play it without it,it is a retarded mechanic that exist only to restrict the player.

PS:LoL remove kebab!

Vatnik Wumao
That is why you take the outer provinces first to cut off your allies from the land you want. Also you will most likely end up in a war with Russia because her mission tree goes in to the land you have. For a faster growth you should bounce between different religious enemy,that way the AE impact is lowered. AE is the most retarded modifier in the game,it is real bast to play it without it,it is a retarded mechanic that exist only to restrict the player.

PS:LoL remove kebab!
I don't try to maximize blobbing. Guess I'll just take a few more provinces from Hungary and Poland and just focus on internal development while maintaining the uneasy peace between the Ottomans and the Russians.
f7vNUzH.jpg

Although if the Ottomans do end up breaking the alliance themselves, I won't mind since I'll be able to get the rest of Crimea.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't try to maximize blobbing.
LoL having a single region and talking about blobbing buahahaha,blobbing is when you go for WC not when you get two or thee regions. Just fallow the mission three and you will have decent time with the game. The expansioned mission three mod is pretty good. Here is me latest orthodox genoa game in to italia,it is pretty fun.

MVQj6mF.png

Removing AE just let you have war whenever you feel like it and not wait for a retarded number that decides if the whole world will attack you or not. AE doesn't make any sense at all in any way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom