Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak [Eushully] Himegari Dungeon Meister Issues

guydude64

Barely Literate
On Windows 10, I recently got the game, Himegari Dungeon Meister, updated the game files, and applied the append, and also patched it to English, and everything appeared to be working fine...HOWEVER...In the very first dungeon you are able to explore in the prologue, whenever my character is fighting in a battle, their attacks register fine, however after this when the enemy is attacking, the music played during battle will loop, the game seems to freeze, and the imagery of the enemy seems to corrupt itself, only to unfreeze about a minute later and proceed as normal, until the next time the enemy attacks...I'm sure I installed and patched everything correctly, and even tested it without patching it to English, with the same result...Is there any way for me to fix this? I am currently in Japanese Locale, so that's not the issue, and have tried reinstalling it several times with no change. Could this be an issue that is only prevalent in Windows 10? Image of the graphical errors encountered ---> https://ibb.co/jA2Oxa

guydude64

Barely Literate
Could be a Win10 issue, game is old after all or could be your files being messed up from the patch, Kamidori works fine here i think it's using the same engine, anyway i don't think anyone here can help you maybe try asking over at forums.fuwanovel.net or www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels
despite not giving a direct answer, you actually helped me come to the answer I was looking for! on fuwanovel, I found a technical troubleshooting guide for Kamidori, but not the game I was asking about, but as you said, they're on the same engine, and I found the problem I was having in the list of troubleshooting tips! To fix it, it turns out you're supposed to have a specific video/audio codec installed, or simply turn off battle animations. The codec in question would be the: "K-Lite Codec Pack".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom