Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Evenicle - Alice Soft RPG game-game but not-Rance

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Pity thread.

The creator of the world, the Holy Mother Eve, gave two commandments: one must not kill another human, and one must only have one partner for life. However, knights are exempted from the latter divine rule, so that they can produce powerful offspring to fight against monsters. Somewhere in the land, there was a young man Asterisk who wished to marry the beautiful twin sisters who raised him. He decided that he will become a knight and get lots of wives! Thus, he set out on his journey with great enthusiasm and ambition.

https://vndb.org/v16640

You can buy it for moneyz here: https://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1061

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I hope they release a box version. At this price it's better to pay some more to get a collector's box.

Jacob

Patron
Well, getting the Japanese version is always an option, but mangagamer sold box copy of Rance VI, so that's where my expectation came from.

Anyway, anyone want to give a short review of this? Have you played it Haba you don't seem too impressed.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I only tried the demo. Check the gameplay video above.

The style is a turn-off for me, was hoping for someone else to die for our sins. And to tell if there is some kind of a redeeming twist to it later in the game.

duanth123

Arcane
I'm about 3/4 ths finished with the game.

I'd say it's somewhere between the Rance series and Eiyuu Senki in terms of quality.

It's definitely an Alicesoft game though, not some bowdlerized eroge like I was expecting.

As in expect to witness some really fucked up things in game that actually serve a point.

There are twists and enough world building to exceed that of most RPGs I've played, as is usually the case with Alicesoft.

The "reason" for the world's existence is particularly interesting.

Though some of the ADV can feel contrived.

The music is above average, the art style hit or miss but mostly hit.

Gameplay is serviceable (not anywhere near SR) and at times a bit clever, you'll know what I mean when you hit your first or second chapter boss.

Worth the price point.

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane
Can i abuse the idiot shota mc?

He's not entirely what you'd expect from the art in terms of character. Less rape and murder but equivalent levels of blatant degeneracy.

As is not a beta (he outright tells many women he wants to fuck them within 5 minutes of meeting them) and not entirely insufferable. He definitely puts his "wives" through the paces.

And they draw him like rance in the H scenes

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
At least there is something to spend my millions on

2eeczlt.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Finally, a thread for this game.
So, how long is this?
Does it include the Rance mini-expansion thing? It doesn't seem to be the case so far.

duanth123

Arcane
Finally, a thread for this game.
So, how long is this?
Does it include the Rance mini-expansion thing? It doesn't seem to be the case so far.

I'm on the last chapter. It's probably between 30-40 hours if you don't skip the Cutscenes and complete the optional battles and side quests, some of which are missable.

I would guess there's some post game stuff that would justify grinding to 99 as I'm around lvl 70 nearing the final boss.

Don't know anything about the mini expansion

Reinhardt

Arcane
I would guess there's some post game stuff that would justify grinding to 99
Don't think so. There is only one specific island with 15th megamonster where regular monsters can hit pretty hard. Everything else can be beaten much earlier.
I was just grinding for money to buy upgrade items in final shop.
And was really lucky with
zmi0dw.jpg

Got 4 in one hour in storm seas. And it's fifth while doing saints subquest.

duanth123

Arcane
I would guess there's some post game stuff that would justify grinding to 99
Don't think so. There is only one specific island with 15th megamonster where regular monsters can hit pretty hard. Everything else can be beaten much earlier.
I was just grinding for money to buy upgrade items in final shop.
And was really lucky with
zmi0dw.jpg

Got 4 in one hour in storm seas. And it's fifth while doing saints subquest.
can you H the level goddess at 99?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Also after finishing game i don't understand
he's still called half-dragon if for countless generations his EVERY male ancestor was mating with dragons? Half-dragon was only the Arthur's direct son, with each new generation they should be less and less human. Or dragons have one drop rule?

Jacob

Patron
Can i abuse the idiot shota mc?

He's not entirely what you'd expect from the art in terms of character. Less rape and murder but equivalent levels of blatant degeneracy.

As is not a beta (he outright tells many women he wants to fuck them within 5 minutes of meeting them) and not entirely insufferable. He definitely puts his "wives" through the paces.

And they draw him like rance in the H scenes
This is why I don't really like this senran kagura artstyle, it doesn't really match the characters and how the writers wrote them. Should have drawn Asta more like shounen manga protag instead of loser harem protag. The first sister had a voice that didn't match her character design, too.

Or not really, but still I don't really like the artstyle.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
Hmm. I might give this a shot. Even a non top-standard AliceSoft gets me more excited than the current dross.

So the story/world/characters are enjoyable? And the combat has some depth to it?

If Sengoku Rance and Rance X are 10/10, and Beat Blades Haruka is a 2/10 - how does this one rate?

duanth123

Arcane
Hmm. I might give this a shot. Even a non top-standard AliceSoft gets me more excited than the current dross.

So the story/world/characters are enjoyable? And the combat has some depth to it?

If Sengoku Rance and Rance X are 10/10, and Beat Blades Haruka is a 2/10 - how does this one rate?

Like a 7

Battle Goddess series being an 8

Rance VI and Kamidori being a 9

I think the ending/sequel bait also elevates it a little.

you basically realize through another character's dialogue that the MC is a low key sociopath being enabled as a tool of mass slaughter just so he can maintain a system that lets him fuck more and more women

Last edited:

Jacob

Patron
I just recently started playing it (inb4 piracy is wrong, etc.) yes on the former, but I think the combat mechanic is not very deep, although the skill system can be somewhat interesting.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I have not heard anything bad about Evenicle so they must have improved the Rance Quest formula a lot.

I'm pretty sure people will not be this satisfied with RQ/ RQM.

deama

Prophet
Alright so I played the game for several hours and here are my thoughts:
It's ok so far, it has the same problem most of these games have, word padding (or at least it's not that fun to read).
The MC isn't great, but he's not bad either. I like the fact that he speaks his mind (and goes with it if it does work), but he's a bit too nice/righteous tbh.

The waifu stuff wasn't too bad in the beginning, but it became problematic when they introduced the second waifu. It basically became too hard to keep track of my emotions for them, so I just started skipping everything more often, which ended up making the problem even worse.

The combat in the game is fine I think. You get to find skills from chests and can equip them if you have enough skill points. Some skills are straight up damage dealers or buffs, but others are passives like +20% exp gain or being able to view enemies' weakness points. There's also some challenging(optional) boss fights, though you can just grind past them.

I think I'll be dropping this one cause it's just too annoying to keep track of my 2 waifus, and it's gonna get even worse later on; plus the word padding is kinda annoying too.

lightbane

Arcane
The waifu stuff wasn't too bad in the beginning, but it became problematic when they introduced the second waifu. It basically became too hard to keep track of my emotions for them, so I just started skipping everything more often, which ended up making the problem even worse.

I think you're meant to be treat them like Rance does so they're nothing more than goals to accomplish and little else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom