Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Ever, Jane: The Virtual World of Jane Austen

This actually sounds a bit interesting. Anything to get out of the BRING ME TWELVE PIG PENISES rut that MMOs are stuck into for the last decade or two.

Why russian guilds? never heard of a good one in an MMO.
I got the impression that in games with open world pvp (Salem and DayZ in particular) there is a tendency for big Russian zerg guilds to go around attacking any non-Russian players on sight.

I heard that in FOnline it got to the point that everyone just started hunting Russians just to be on the safe side.

I didn't play it, but iirc Codexia's base in Heaven & Hearth was burned to the ground by Russians who got pissed they weren't getting any more protection money.

anus_pounder

Arcane
This actually sounds a bit interesting. Anything to get out of the BRING ME TWELVE PIG PENISES rut that MMOs are stuck into for the last decade or two.

I got the impression that in games with open world pvp (Salem and DayZ in particular) there is a tendency for big Russian zerg guilds to go around attacking any non-Russian players on sight.

I heard that in FOnline it got to the point that everyone just started hunting Russians just to be on the safe side.

I didn't play it, but iirc Codexia's base in Heaven & Hearth was burned to the ground by Russians who got pissed they weren't getting any more protection money.

:what:

:lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Well during the time I played, some Italians tried doing the same thing (getting protection money), but because Haven & Hearth was the way it was Kaiserin was so overwhelmingly powerful for them they just gave up after a stern beating and threatened murder of the messenger.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Will they implemented the elopement mechanic? It was featured in the 1st Ed. P&P* core rules after all.

*Pride and Prejudice

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Developer really doesn't need to sell the copy of this game at all. They would earn much more just by selling clothes/items in limited time for this type of game.

There aren't any better way to incite jealousy than buying items that doesn't exist anywhere else in the end.:troll:

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
It depresses me that this relationship simulator was able get as much funding as a project as unique as STASIS. Then again STASIS has 3000 backers to Ever Jane's 1400, so maybe people who yearn for games will ballroom dancing and gossip have deeper pockets (one backer pledged $5,000 and another pledged $10,000; seriously?).

Well during the time I played, some Italians tried doing the same thing (getting protection money), but because Haven & Hearth was the way it was Kaiserin was so overwhelmingly powerful for them they just gave up after a stern beating and threatened murder of the messenger.

You should have told him that you'd kill him unless his Italian friends started paying you protection money.

Lhynn

Arcane
It depresses me that this relationship simulator was able get as much funding as a project as unique as STASIS. Then again STASIS has 3000 backers to Ever Jane's 1400, so maybe people who yearn for games will ballroom dancing and gossip have deeper pockets (one backer pledged $5,000 and another pledged $10,000; seriously?).
Why would it depress you?

Dr Tomo

Learned

Thought by now most people on the codex is now more accepting of video game decline at this point.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I'm dismayed at how much people are willing to fork over to play a subscription-based MMO based on wardrobes, gossip, and balls where most of the rewards are in the form of pay-to-win upgrades in-game. Plus, I always thought that an atmospheric sci-fi story with an interesting plot would have a lot more fans than Regency literature.

I admit the fact that Regency England is a unique video game setting compared to dystopian sci-fi, so Ever, Jane might fill an existing void (if it doesn't turn to be a copy of Second Life with Farmville minigames).

Lhynn

Arcane

Thought by now most people on the codex is now more accepting of video game decline at this point.
Why call it decline? its super niche, is proposing a set of new and interesting mechanics in a world that has never been explored in an interactive media.

Decline does not mean "not to my particular taste", decline means "bland, boring, souless piece of shit", and this, even if far from being to my particular taste, looks like fun, interesting and very much made with love to cater to a very small but neglected audience.

ColCol

Arcane
High level character in the game:
fannovel.png

Lhynn

Arcane
I suppose its a bardic version of A Dance with Rogues.
Theres a title i wasnt expecting to read in the codex, so many people have missed playing so many famous or infamous modules with solid story telling just because they dont like bioware, that it is truly a disappointment.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, seems like its happening after all, reached its goal and hopefully now well get to see some codexers spreading unfounded rumours about some other codexers. Also i hope one of you tries this game and gives us your insights.
Kickstarter page

Delterius

Arcane
'I heard that Lady Bennett is a popamoler!'

'Can't say I have much sympathy for one of those filthy Larpers. They are the decline of civilization.'

'Oh, and what about Sir Wickham? Many saw him with a consolized whore the other night, right after going to the mass at the they of our Lord Avellone. Not to mention that he also eats wheat.'

'Have you seen the broad shoulders of Lord Pennington? The Neanderthal blood runs strong on that one!'

Codexers will be a worse plague than russian guilds ever dreamt to be.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

'Can't say I have much sympathy for one of those filthy Larpers. They are the decline of civilization.'

'Oh, and what about Sir Wickham? Many saw him with a consolized whore the other night, right after going to the mass at the they of our Lord Avellone. Not to mention that he also eats wheat.'

'Have you seen the broad shoulders of Lord Pennington? The Neanderthal blood runs strong on that one!'

I saw a manboon the other day.
Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.

Might as well give the prototype a spin later.

Cassidy

Arcane
If this had support for playing as a wealthy and powerful serial killer trying to hide a dark secret life while keeping a facade of civility, and also for players to operate as hired assassins or security for those who have only social skills with full PvP, then it would have been a very interesting experiment.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
If this had support for playing as a wealthy and powerful serial killer trying to hide a dark secret life while keeping a facade of civility, and also for players to operate as hired assassins or security for those who have only social skills with full PvP, then it would have been a very interesting experiment.
It has support for spreading rumors that another player is a wealthy and powerful serial killer trying to hide a dark secret life while keeping a facade of civility.

Ermm

Erudite

Skyway is the guild leader we need, but not what we deserve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom