Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Everlasting Summer - Soviet Waifus, It's Heaven [NSFW]

Drakron

Arcane
Ok this was trippy.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
When recommended by a fellow forum user, this reply came up as a reason why one shouldn't play this game.

wtf.png

lelouch-lol.gif

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Idiott, there's also the official DLC, called One Pioneer's Story. It tells the story of one of your clones you meet in the independent ending. Contains tons of spoilers for all the other endings, but expands a bit on the story.

The cool thing is that the protagonist of this story is not emo at all. On the contrary, he actually kills and rapes some of the characters after he goes insane realizing he can never escape the camp and has to relive these 7 days forever. But then...

Anyway, the DLC is already included in the Steam version, it's available from options/extra scenarios. It's roughly 2 hours and the writing is very good, I've enjoyed it a lot.

Here's a play through on YouTube.

Idiott

Arcane
I played through that. It was just some workshop scenario back then, so I didn't bother including that. You can tell it's not made by the same guys from the new CG, characters look even worse there. Tthey pulled it from the workshop at some point and I was wondering why, guess they wanted to include it as official DLC.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I played through that. It was just some workshop scenario back then, so I didn't bother including that. You can tell it's not made by the same guys from the new CG, characters look even worse there. Tthey pulled it from the workshop at some point and I was wondering why, guess they wanted to include it as official DLC.
Sorry, just saw your post.

It's actually the same writer as in the base game, pretty cool how he do an almost completely different style, huh.

But yeah he teamed up with a new artist and a composer for this DLC. I thought the new CG art looked pretty good aside from maybe a couple of scenes, and the new music by the indie project Hiki was very fitting. The IRL Zhenya sprite in the ending was very derpy though.

Anyway, I just thought this DLC deserved to be added to this let's play since it inverts so many tropes in the game and also fixes some plot holes.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Also, a couple more things.

The cat girl character (Yulia) is based on an Internet story where one of Russians anons met a wild Pikachu neko girl at a local McDonald's. She's called YUVAO-chan, it's a Russian acronym for the part of Moscow where the story supposedly took place. There's some pretty awesome cosplay of her.

And I can't help but really enjoy all the references to quantum immortality and time loops. The authors took great inspiration from such movies as Groundhog Day and Source Code. And the true ending (enter the Yulia route and then choose to "come back") is probably inspired by Akira. Just like Tetsuo, our main character ceases to exist as he transcends and become a super being able to create his own world/reality with any waifu he pleases.

Man, the stories in Russian media are really trippy sometimes. A bit like the Japanese stuff, but with a poignant touch of bleakness and despair. Good stuff.

Lampshade

Barely Literate

It's been more than a year since the last post here...but if you don't mind, could you clear up a few things about the VN?

Spoilered in case someone clueless like me comes here, I guess.
1. The "real girls" vs. the "doll girls"

So, in the harem ending, all of the girls are the real ones...player Semyon has never met any of them (since they all existed in their own version of the dream only) until they come to his doorstep.

Does this mean that the girls in player Semyon's world are all "dolls"? And the dolls and the real girls share the same personalities?

2. Is this game just a huge parody?

Player Semyon is on Russian imageboards all day, and (almost) each main girl is a mascot for said imageboards.

Therefore, is this whole game is supposed to be an irony of a shut-in materializing all of his internet mascots into the real world?

3. Your (Idiott's) opinions on the game

There's a whole lot to process in this whole thread, but it's evident that you didn't like the VN.

Admittedly, I haven't read the guide for every single route for spoiler reasons (and therefore haven't read all of your comments). I'm still not sure if this VN is worth really going into. Could you summarize what was so bad about it, and do you also have any positive feedback for it?

Very much thanks if you do reply to all of this.

Idiott

Arcane
1. The "real girls" vs. the "doll girls"

So, in the harem ending, all of the girls are the real ones...player Semyon has never met any of them (since they all existed in their own version of the dream only) until they come to his doorstep.

Does this mean that the girls in player Semyon's world are all "dolls"? And the dolls and the real girls share the same personalities?

I have no idea.

2. Is this game just a huge parody?

Player Semyon is on Russian imageboards all day, and (almost) each main girl is a mascot for said imageboards.

Therefore, is this whole game is supposed to be an irony of a shut-in materializing all of his internet mascots into the real world?

It's a meme game.

3. Your (Idiott's) opinions on the game

There's a whole lot to process in this whole thread, but it's evident that you didn't like the VN.

I only played this because of the Soviet theme, as opposed to the usual. The setting would be familiar to anyone liginf east of Germany. I expected more of that than there is in the game. Main character was bland and annoying and it's very simplistic even for a VN. Backgrounds wre cool, but character art and CG cards are bad. If thy want to reward player with tits, they should at least be properly drawn.

lightbane

Arcane
:necro::hmmm:
So, I finally read this LP entirely. I noticed it years ago but it seemed to be awfully boring. However, I finally managed to soldier on and finish it. Just like that VN with crippled girls, it's godawful since it's made for 'channers and by 'channers, but the protagonist here takes it to a new level to make himself as insufferable as possible... Except to the cat-girl, of fucking course (although the final route wasn't that bad in comparison with the others).

Then again, this is intentional since all girls are literally memes or a blatant Vocaloid copy-paste (who amusingly enough has the best route).

Many brofists for the LPer to make it a complete run; RK was broken by a single one of the cripple VN's routes and couldn't do any more. At least this "game" has the standard Russian insanity, even if it's watered down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom