Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Evolve, new shooter from Left 4 Dead devs - now F2P, still dead

Shame to hear that the game is so thin. L4D was a great MP game.

People are conducting hate raids and misinformation spread on this game, which could potentially save gaming
:hearnoevil:

I feel like my intelligence is being insulted when people try to shill this transparently.

Avellion

Erudite
LrDojYO.png

That is more than the game itself. I am surprised some people are shilling this.

"Buh, buh, its just skins".

Skins that used to be unlockable within the game itself, now being monetized instead.

lemongrabpreview_7c1357ca-2c5d-4787-9709-2e6874f55702_display.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
On the one hand, Killing Floor sells cosmetic skins but... on the other... they're an indie developer and not fucking 2k games who charge $60 base on top of all this shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't remember Killing floor having any day one DLC though. Plus they added a shit load of stuff of value for free, like guns and maps. I doubt Evolve devs will be as kind :3

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm pretty sure Valve owns L4D and these guys don't work for Valve anymore. It's why they gave away L4D for free when you preordered Evolve instead of L4D2. They didn't have the rights for L4D2 but they did for the first game.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Bunch of fucking drones. When an article is published or a youtuber says something about it, they all jump on the bandwagon and start raging.

But when 2K fills Borderlands with dozens of banal DLC (not even included on GOTY or season pass), and the overall price is the same as Evolve's, they all run to empty their wallets and bend over because "best game evah !!!11"

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Bunch of fucking drones. When an article is published or a youtuber says something about it, they all jump on the bandwagon and start raging.

But when 2K fills Borderlands with dozens of banal DLC (not even included on GOTY or season pass), and the overall price is the same as Evolve's, they all run to empty their wallets and bend over because "best game evah !!!11"

This is going to teach 2K (and any other publishers) a good lesson:

dude-bro Reddit meme game = tons of DLC sale and nobody complains

a classy innovative game = ppl complaining about cosmetic skin DLCs

Better shut down Turtle Rock and put all the budget into Boredlands 3 then.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Classy and innovative, huh?

On second thought, actually no. It's a stupid vidya game after all. If an adult plays vidya game, he's a dumbfuck. Some games are dumber than others, but they're all dumbshit.

Edgy enough for you?

Black

Arcane
I'm afraid you may have to try a bit harder. Be more classy and innovative.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Aren't most of Borderlands' DLC expansion packs that extend the player levels/put in a lot of content?

Evolve's DLC pricing and DLC profligacy is way beyond what I've seen before. They're really squeezing gamers for money, IMO. And the way the 2k guy was like "You save $5 by buying our season pass (which doesn't actually include all the monsters/hunters). So, let's just say that $5 is on us." That's some condescending bullshit right there.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't know about Presequel but the first two Borderlands had DLC (stuff that was in the season passes) that did add actual content for a fairly reasonable price ($10 non-sale for about 5ish hours of content). Of course they also sold a shitload of skins, too, but you could just skip those.

I think 2K is under the mistaken impression that they had come up with the new L4D. The smash hit that everyone and their mother will want to play for years so naturally they'll want a bunch of kooky skins and monsters. The reality is the game simply isn't that good.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I actually like the game a lot.

Just not $60 (+$100 DLC) a lot.

What's bizarre to me is that they're in a very competitive - price-wise - genre. The co-op multiplayer games all sell for very cheap and tend to bottom out their prices pretty frequently. For 2k to come in there with a fucking $100 preorder which wouldn't even get you all the monsters/hunters just seems like an egregious misstep made by some beancounters who know fuckall about games or the market.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Aren't most of Borderlands' DLC expansion packs that extend the player levels/put in a lot of content?

Evolve's DLC pricing and DLC profligacy is way beyond what I've seen before. They're really squeezing gamers for money, IMO. And the way the 2k guy was like "You save $5 by buying our season pass (which doesn't actually include all the monsters/hunters). So, let's just say that $5 is on us." That's some condescending bullshit right there.

Well, BL2 + Season Pass on Release was around 80 euros, as well. Then they released DLC not included in the season pass, and then they made the GOTY version and released even more DLC not included in either one.

Yeah, the amount or nature of the dlc may differ a bit, but to me, it was just as bullshit then as it is now. They just ... evolved the formula and added more shit since it worked the last time.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Aren't most of Borderlands' DLC expansion packs that extend the player levels/put in a lot of content?.

Boredlands 2 and the sequel prequel charged $10 for one new character. $5 to increase the level cap which adds nothing more to the game but more grind. Tons of skin DLCs. Yeah they had some good DLCs that felt like proper expansions but Evolve will release new maps for free.

Tehdagah

Arcane
On the one hand, Killing Floor sells cosmetic skins but... on the other... they're an indie developer and not fucking 2k games who charge $60 base on top of all this shit.
Evolve's budget is way higher, though.

Wow, that's shitty... Like... really shitty. Four euro for something even a novice modder like myself could create in under fifteen minutes? Fuck off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom