Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Expeditions: Viking Release Thread

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Infinitron, Apr 27, 2017.

1. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I am just waiting for party formatting/positioning. It is an idiot decision to not include them

^ Top  
  2. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Okay, spotted in a steam thread that 1.05 should be up sometime around mid-week next week.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Feyd Rautha or Mr.Harkonnen? Whicheverisavailablegender: ⚧ Savant Patron

Feyd Rautha or Mr.Harkonnen? Whicheverisavailable
    Parrots:
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    This game has companion romance, my char just slept with Asleif!

^ Top  
  4. Avonaeongender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/445190/announcements/detail/2917618592652699406

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. oasis789gender: ⚧ Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Sounds like a hacky workaround. I would abuse the hell out of this.

Great that they are still working on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    ah, finally i will continue plaiyng

^ Top  
  8. Morality Gamesgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Hacky or not, it was much needed. Sort of goes against the essence of a tactical game to have a dumb engage you have no control over over and over again.

^ Top  
  9. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Just wanted to pop in and mention to anyone who has been waiting for the difficulty to be increased a bit before playing. I'm still fairly early on in the game (Ribe), but I've been enjoying some nicely challenging encounters on just hard mode, and truly ball-crushing encounters on insane. I've also found that the scaled resource availability seems to have been addressed well too. I haven't felt like I've been swimming in abundance yet. I could see them tweaking the gameplay to be even better with future patches, but right now I'm pretty pleased.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    so i continued finally, the game is great so far, lots of content, some fun some were standard quests, but i really like the game. still conquistadors' format feels like more of an 'expedition' and this more like baldurs gate with sophisticated camping system. playing for the last 3 days finally left denmark and di the quest in the first village. fun game, and too bad the launch was really rocky

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. I'm With Her oneselfgender: ⚧ for prison Prophet Shitposter

oneself
    Parrots:
    A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
    Decent game but so very easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    yeah, i picked the second hardest difficulty and i still beat everything mostly unscathed

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Is the game playable now? I mean no constant crashes and bugs all over the place?

^ Top  
  14. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Yes for me so far. Aside from the usual unity hiccups, the game run alot smoother and no crash in my 5 hours run after 1.05

Used to crash once in a while back then

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Cool. Might also get back into it then

^ Top  
  16. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Have you tried it with a new game since the 1.05 patch came out? If someone thinks the insane difficulty is easy now, I'd really like to see them record some gameplay that shows this. I had enemies destroying me in two hits when I tried it out and the OP archer problem seems to be sorted out.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    ^ Top  
  17. YES!gender: ⚧ Hi, I'm Roqua

YES!
    Parrots:
    I have to say I wasn't a huge fan of Conquistadors and didn't pay much attention to this game. I just started playing it yesterday and it is fucking awesome. I thought it was going to be Conquistadors but with Vikings, which would be okay filler to play a little. This is a real rpg and pretty fucking awesome. I am more than pleasantly surprised. Everything it does it does very well. My only complaints are my usual stupid rotating cameras that waste my time and do nothing but aggravate normal players, and it is a little (or a lot) loot heavy. Combat is good (but was good too in E:C) Chargen is good. Chardev is good and even nicer because it is a new system. Crafting isn't retarded and too much like in a lot of other games nowadays. And, this is the first game I am going with the party members I didn't make myself. They aren't annoying or over the top, their banter is good, and since I got them all early I could build them efficiently.

I'm surprised no one pointed out to me this was a real rpg. Anyhow, great game and now I have another dev team to be a fanboy of.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I guess you must have missed all the times that I pointed it out in all those newsposts about real RPGs that I don't post. +M

^ Top  
  19. YES!gender: ⚧ Hi, I'm Roqua

YES!
    Parrots:
    Why would I read a news posts about a game I planned on buying but expected very little from? Was it crazy of me to assume Expedition Vikings would be just like Expedition Conquistador but with Vikings?

I make a lot of posts about real rpgs and some sane person could have pointed out to me this game was totally different than it's predecessor and was pure awesome.

And you have to admit you don't post a lot of news on lower profile rpgs, or any news at all in cases of most of the more independent ones. While posting news about blatant none rpgs. Is asking for the release of real rpgs getting a news blurb such a bad idea? It is way more important to me than getting update # 809 on the same games over and over. I rarely read reviews or previews or updates. When a game is announced I want to know what systems and content it will include and release date. I think only care if there are major system or feature changes that make it a non-rpg. And release information is critical, especially for independent developers where every sale counts.

^ Top  
  20. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    the game is so fun so far,

i just slaughtered a bunch of unarmed children and their parents

Show Spoiler
    the quest to rout the pagans, you meet dudes that waits on the bridge waiting for a group of pagan refugee. they asked me to kill them in return of helping me kill the rest of the romulus cult. you can turn off the lethal attack, but senseless slaughter are just so fun

^ Top  
  21. Ivangender: ⚧ Arcane

Ivan
    Parrots:
    i think most just bypass the frontpage

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Severian Silkgender: ⚧ Guest

Severian Silk
    There's a front page? Oh, you mean Infinitron's blog wall!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Barbariangender: ⚧ Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    Yeah it is a great game. I dislike the viking setting and I still coudn't keep from playing it.

Look forward to "Expeditions: Crusader" or whatever they come up with next.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    finished it. it was a really great game, and in return, i wrote a review in hope raising the ratings

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hoboForEternity/recommended/445190

i love the series and hope more expeditions are coming. still regretful that the game launch practically unfinished. if it was polished, it would receive alot of good reception which means publicity, and more sales. everytime i recommend the game, the answers are usually "but the reviews are only mostly positive! (even mixed beforehand)" "i heard the game is more broken than a horse that fell off a skyscraper building!"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    hey, i think my review tipped the rating. it's very positive now in the recent category. also i probably should write something about the time limit. because alot of people are discouraged by it. i myself still have like 1 and a half month left after the britain campaign is finished, so i just walk around finishing my upgrades and return exactly at 18th september, 1 day before the althing

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)