Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Experimenting with lightmaps

don_tomaso

Liturgist
Wow.. I must say, there´s a world of difference between this screenshot and all the older ones, now the game actually looks good in my eyes.. I mean, before it was acceptable and absolutly nothing more, but now its like "wow this looks like some good shit" :)

Littlefizz

Novice
Yep, definitely much better,and I'm glad that you decided to implement overhead text, for me it's one of those little things that gave fallout its unique personality.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I didn't think I cared about lighting at all before, but looking at it now it's def much better. I still couldn't give a shit about the extra clutter.

filogreek

Scholar
Subtle differences compared to older screenshots, however it just seems to look allot nicer. Good job with the light maps, they add that little bit extra to the game. And anything that takes a crack at Oblivion is ok in my book :P

denizsi

Arcane
Where is parallax mapping, hmm?

I agree with all the positive things said. It absolutely changes the feeling. Good thing you invested in those.

By the way, is there a character limit to horizontal screening of taunts? Second taunt looks like it could use a break with the second sentence.

denizsi

Arcane
I wasn't serious with the parallax mapping remark.

What about displacement maps, hdr and bloom : P

Necro

Novice
much better than before - no longer is there no roof on the building :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom