Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Factorio - a factory building game

adrix89

Cipher
Why are there so many of my country here?
Browsing some Factorio shit on Steam and saw this

2DCE294DF979E644424E73BDCA0579A1C4975BA8

Nice. I should check their forums and see what new crazy shit people have done. I'm expecting someone to have combined the speakers with animations to play a whole film in Factorio at some point.
To be fair we are the Baddies in that game.
Only to hippies.
Imagine generic fantasy CRPG universe.
Imagine an alien race invades that world and builds wast monuments that take out resources and spews poison.
Imagine our would be heroes trying to fight and get mowed down by metal monsters that spews constant death and dark towers of death.

Sauron ain't got nothing on Capitalism!
It's us from the future extracting resources from the past! Infinite resources!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I stayed up until 5:30 AM playing this a week or so ago and that's probably the best compliment I can give it. I haven't done that in a long time.

Unfortunately the late game gets boring and I had to slog through to the end just to say I'd beaten it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's more fun with pals, but yeah, it does peter out eventually.

Thing is, it's highly replayable. Just wait a while before the next playthrough.

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
That does indeed look glorious a mix between Gustav and Supreme Commander.

Ironmonk

Augur
Yeah, and with that range it's going to be fun.

One thing we could do now with defensive outposts or mining outposts is that you probably will be able to set the wagon in a piece of rail and leave it as a long range turret bombing nests nearby and keeping alien expansions away.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
0.16 Experimental is out.
Major Features
  • Added logistic buffer chest. It can request items that are still available to the logistic system.
  • Added the artillery wagon and artillery turret which will automatically shoot biter nests and worms.
  • Added cliffs. (https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-219)
Features
  • Train block visualisation.
  • Building entities over identical ghosts will revive them. When building a different entity on top of a ghost, settings from the ghost will be copied if possible.
  • Train schedules and wait conditions can be rearranged by clicking and dragging.
  • New mini-tutorials: Construction robots.
  • Belts, underground belts and splitters can now fast replace each other.
  • Roboports now provide the repair packs they have for other robots to use.
  • Logistic request tooltips now show the count of items in the requester, on the way, and in the network.
  • The players main inventory can now be filtered.
  • New terrains and new terrain generation.
  • All terrains, including stone path and concrete, have transitions with water.
  • Map generation dialog now contains a preview of the map.
Minor Features
  • Ctrl-delete now deletes whole word in a text field instead of a single character. (53124)
  • Placing output underground belt as ghost properly retains its type as output underground belt. Also underground belts now respect nearby ghosts and become output if there is input ghost nearby. Underground belt and pipe ghosts when hovered show outline of where they will connect (51271)
  • Headless server will automatically save the game when the last player leaves and auto-pause starts.
  • Added support to disable debug settings for non-admin players in multiplayer through the /config command.
  • Dropping items on belts manually (Z) won't spill items if they won't fit on the belt.
  • Trees can now be configured in the generate-map GUI.
  • Hotkeys can be un-bound by right clicking.
  • Rail chain signals can be read by the circuit network.
  • Small electric poles and medium electric poles can be fast-replaced with each other.
  • In multiplayer players can now ride as passengers in cars/tanks.
  • Electric poles and power switches can be opened from the zoomed-to-world view.
  • Terrain can be configured in the generate map GUI.
  • When holding an offshore pump, all valid build positions will be highlighted.
  • After desyncing in multiplayer, the game will not automatically connect back, instead a dialog with more information will be shown.
  • All map visualisations work also when in zoomed in map mode, where normal view and map view is combined based on radar/player coverage.

Perkel

Arcane
Hopefully their next updates will be more meaningful.
A year+ for tank, artilery wagon and nuclear reactor.

As usual multplayer brings decline.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

To be fair, they are also making a lot of small playability improvements, performance boosts and such. And remaking all the graphics in higher resolution.

They have to stop making huge additions at some point if they are ever going to reach 1.0

Perkel

Arcane

To be fair, they are also making a lot of small playability improvements, performance boosts and such. And remaking all the graphics in higher resolution.

They have to stop making huge additions at some point if they are ever going to reach 1.0

True but it is not like their old turrets, furnaces etc. looked bad. Modders could add whole insane production chains (bobs, angels) and i fully expect proper team to also make that much content to game and yet it didn't happen.

I would love to see some early tech revision. Like you can make automated turrents from some basic stuff that doesn't make sense.
I would love to see added AI transport on wheels. Maybe some AI controlled NPCs you could use as early base defense instead of automated turrents.

Perkel

Arcane
There wont be any meaningful upgrades because they are not needed. Everyone already bought the game.

Well they can always finish Factorio and move to Factorio 2. They have money for that:

Owners: 1,141,945 ± 32,874

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Wow. The over hyped-ness was insane with this game. I bet they could do some really interesting things but I don't think they ever will because there is no need. The fans are easily pleased.

Norfleet

I feel like the biggest missing thing in the game at this point is the ability to be an attack helicopter.

Norfleet

Nah, mods don't do it properly, you still collide with buildings and stuff instead of flying over them.

Ironmonk

Augur
I think that if we ever get expansions/DLC, probably Air and Water are very good themes.

Air/Water Transports, Submarine Resources, Winged enemies, Amphibian enemies, etc. That would be very cool.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Nah, mods don't do it properly, you still collide with buildings and stuff instead of flying over them.
Not anymore. You can fly high and not bump into anything. There are even planes that work well too. The problem for me is that there is no purpose to any of it. So you can fly around and destroy every enemy base on the map and come back to your base like a champion but then what?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why retarded? Download it and try it for yourself... Or are you just still butthurt I criticized your precious favoritestest game? Sad cunt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom