Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fads of the Codex...

Which of the Codex fads is your favorite?

• I saw a mudcrab the other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipping the ring

• Decline of the Codex

• :emotes:

• R00fles

• Warhammer 40K pics

• Goatse & tubgirl

• In before Retardo

• Andhaira.gif

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • avoiding combat in Fallout / rat diplomacy

• failure of the free market

• Plane tickets

• No moar free rides!

• Nazis/Cleve

• Hivemind

• http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/avatars/gallery/ja2/81.gif

• Ian "Rex Exitium, of Leafcull" Miles "Sol Invictus" Cheong "The Baron of Pe

• kingcomrade (this option makes sense in this poll!)

• something else

• Multi-headed dicks hitting ass and leg. Oh god, it's heaven!

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

kris

Arcane
IlkuWarrior said:
kris said:
IlkuWarrior said:
Plane tickets?

Send me some plane tickets bitch and you know what we mean.

You missed the point, I know the fad. My post was a suggestion to include it. :P

I missed no point! Where are those tickets?

Please include a hotel in the deal.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
The Rex part is quite wrong, here's how it goes:
Ian "Rex Exitium, of Leafcull" Miles "Sol Invictus" Cheong "The Baron of Pepsi" Wen "Spinepunch" Xian

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
20080621mf3.gif

Texas Red

Whiner
Did the fad to post someone's picture or avatar originate here or is this just another 4chan infection.

Murk

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Did the fad to post someone's picture or avatar originate here or is this just another 4chan infection.

i remember someone posting a series of zooming-in-pictures of gnidrologist's avatar in GD a while back, and since then i remember his avatar being used as a panacea rebuttal for anything and everything

not sure if it was done before that but I remember it from then

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Thank you.’ she said. 'I've found strength. I've found-'
For a moment, Loken was certain she had been about to say 'faith'.
'What?'
Trust. Trust in the Imperium. In the Emperor. In you.’
'In me?'
'Not you, personally. In the Astartes, in the Imperial army, in every branch of mankind's warrior force that is dedicated to the protection of us mere mortals.’ She took a sip and sniggered. The Emperor, you see, pro¬tects.’
'Of course he does.’ said Loken.
'No, no, you misunderstand.’ said Keeler, folding her arms around her raised, sheet-covered knees. 'He actu¬ally does. He protects mankind, through the Legions, through the martial corps, through the war machines of the Mechanicum. He understands the dangers. The inconsistencies. He uses you, and all the instruments like you, to protect us from harm. To protect our physi¬cal bodies from murder and damage, to protect our minds from madness, to protect our souls. This is what I now understand. This is what this trauma has taught me, and I am thankful for it. There are insane dangers
in the cosmos, dangers that mankind is fundamentally unable to comprehend, let alone survive. So he protects us. There are truths out there that would drive us mad by one fleeting glimpse of them. So he chooses not to share them with us. That's why he made you.’
That's a glorious concept.’ Loken admitted.
'In the Whisperheads, that day... You saved me, didn't you? You shot that thing apart. Now you save me again, by keeping the truth to yourself. Does it hurt?'
'Does what hurt?'
The truth you keep hidden?'
'Sometimes.’ he said.
'Remember, Garviel. The Emperor is our truth and our light. If we trust in him, he will protect.’
'Where did you get that from?' Loken asked.
'A friend. Garviel, I have only one concern. A linger¬ing thing that will not quit my mind. You Astartes are loyal, through and through. You keep to your own, and never break confidence.’
'And?'
Tonight, I really believe you would have told me something, but for the loyalty you keep with your brothers. I admire that, but answer me this. How far does your loyalty go? Whatever it was happened to us in the Whisperheads, I believe an Astartes brother was part of it. But you close ranks. What has to happen before you forsake your loyalty to the Legion and recognise your loyalty to the rest of us?'
'I don't know what you mean.’ he said.
Yes, you do. If a brother turns on his brothers again, will you cover that up too? How many have to turn before you act? One? A squad? A company? How long will you keep your secrets? What will it take for you to cast aside the fraternal bonds of the Legion and cry out "This is wrong!"?'
You're suggesting an impossible-'
'No, I'm not. You, of all people, know I'm not. If it can happen to one, it can happen to others. You're all so drilled and perfect and identical. You march to the same beat and do whatever is asked of you. Loken, do you know of any Astartes who would break step? Would you?'
'I...'
'Would you? If you saw the rot, a hint of corruption, would you step out of your regimented life and stand against it? For the greater good of mankind, I mean?'

Texas Red

Whiner
kingcomrade said:
What's it got to do with 4chan? Calling something super awesome which is not super awesome is wrong no matter which phrase you use.

Epic fail.

Murk

Arcane
"who's TWD?"

"walkin' dude"

"the guy with the chuck norris avatar?"

/ban

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom