Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Sedit Caravans weapon merchant sells it. Around 9k originally or 6k after you've finished their missions and received the discount. If you don't have enough money to get it immediately then go on a caravan run and you can buy it for the price of a dozen Desert Eagles.

valcik

Arcane
Another tip for lower prices:
Keep shopping with Keri, she's decreasing prices significantly, as you can find out in her dialogue.

Well if you are getting powerful weapons like that so early then you might as well ignore the sniper rifle in the first place. Especially if dumping points into energy weapons, meaning you don't have the small guns skill to snipe properly.

Lhynn

Arcane
I hate that when i kill someone i cant loot their armor like i could in fallout 1. I also hate that i cant steal weapons. The whole world and gun progression is so strict that it feels shitty and gamey.
But yeh, there are a few obscure ways of getting much better stuff than you should be able to get, and very early on.
If you pump your traps to 100, you can get all the best available stuff in alb for free. Including combat armor and all heavy weapons.

Just did a semi-speed run. Finished Apr 27th. Almost pacifist, only 1 kill needed (Should be easy to guess who it was, won't spoil). Ending slides don't seem to change with you doing better or worse with your condition.

Kind of amusing that you don't need any special knowledge to convince the final boss to kill himself. Just pump some speech, tell him "no ure bad", sneak out and done. Final level 8.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Just did a semi-speed run. Finished Apr 27th. Almost pacifist, only 1 kill needed (Should be easy to guess who it was, won't spoil). Ending slides don't seem to change with you doing better or worse with your condition.

Kind of amusing that you don't need any special knowledge to convince the final boss to kill himself. Just pump some speech, tell him "no ure bad", sneak out and done. Final level 8.
Good job. Now do a pacifist ironman run that can only last at most five hours.:smug::dance:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
What is with the ridiculous damage coming from enemy NPCs? Focus fired by 4 raiders and I go down either the same turn or the next one.

I don't recall FO2 being like this.

Companions suck bad, especially the melee ones considering they die to one burst.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Quick Pocket is too powerful so I get Awareness instead. At level6 I get Scout in order to see if any special encounter. Also it's not that tough to get more combat perk.

Play like a chump for 6 level in order to get 2 perk at once is a bit too boring for me.

High sequence and just run away?

Late game depends on their stats. If its FO-like with around 90% max for their gun skills then a HtH fighter with around 80 AC should be able to clean encounters up (and with jinxed just stand around till they critically fail and their weapon blows up). If its FO2-like with enemies having 130%ish stats then you're toast without the significantly stronger FO2 armor and with the powerful AP ammo able to trump 90% DR.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i don't think so. at first, i thought it was
PROGEMA facility because all of those vats and tanks and the facility itself was about genetic manipulation program. i searched high and low in htat place, it turned out we just got a unique raygun there.

anyways, it turned out the game has time limit, according to the dev in the official forum, the limit is 10 years. not that someone would run out of time, it just make sense considering the story

Lhynn

Arcane
That would seem to mess up the whole plot and a bunch of FO canon. The circumstances of the final boss are even set up as a kind of false hope.
Was thinking there would be a way by sacrificing the facility and everyone in it or something fucked up like that. Also the empire is big enough that F.O. cannon is not that important.

Well the whole plot (compressed into 5 floors at a single location) boils down to:

1. Ghouls want to be human again.
2. The savior somehow accomplished this through operating on himself.
3. No one can figure out how to replicate it, at best they can basically do a kind of skin and organ graft but the person is doomed to die anyway. 10 years I guess going by the deadline. Every once in a while they make the attempt but it fails the same way.
4. The Ghoul army is kidnapping and experimenting on humans constantly in an attempt to improve their knowledge.
5. The twist is that the Savior was never a ghoul, and just wants to exterminate all human/ghoul/etc life in the world. Which is kind of shitty and half-assed, there really should have been a more convincing motivation to argue that the ends justified the means. Even the Master had a decent argument.

So it really makes no sense that the player can just walk in and accomplish what was impossible through years of research and study by some of the best scientific minds in the region. The way the player could use their science skill in FO1 was by taking the research others had figured out, connecting the dots, and realizing that the Mutants were infertile and the Master's plan was doomed. Being able to correct the Rebirth's process to do what has never been done before would be akin to researching an entirely new FEV that didn't have the downsides of the original. This is all well beyond what any single player character should be capable of, like Manhattan Project or Space Race level of investment that would be required. If the Savior was real then there would be a real possibility to heal yourself but without that you're realistically doomed.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I thought we have to pickpocket his
holodisk that contains his story/confession
somehow. It turns out we just need ungodly amount of speech

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Screwed around with finishing my first game again but after having done slightly more content. Only major different endings I got were:

The tribals got an ending slide about how they were flourishing, I assume I got this because I went to war with them against the hospital. Anyone know if this ending pops up if you just murder the hospital people of your own accord?

Williams business flourishes in the Suburbs, one wife dies, the other leaves, he gets depressed. In my first completion, it said the business flourished BUT when "the situation" escalated in the Suburbs, he and a bunch of immigrants left and created a settlement elsewhere. Any of you know what caused this shift?

The additional content I did was: Kill the hospital people, the anonym questline (sided with Aran) AND its followup and PROGREMA base. I assumed "the situation" mentioned was the eviction of the mutant hunters by the imperials, but this happened in both cases* so don't see why that slide would change.

*Anyone interested, the difference between not touching the Anonym questline and completing while siding with Aran (and Sebastion being dead, not sure but think this is relevant) is: the former results in the slide set starting with "Eventually Myzrael(sp?) died of old age" and then goes on with the same stuff :lol:

sgm

Educated
Screwed around with finishing my first game again but after having done slightly more content. Only major different endings I got were:

The tribals got an ending slide about how they were flourishing, I assume I got this because I went to war with them against the hospital. Anyone know if this ending pops up if you just murder the hospital people of your own accord?

Williams business flourishes in the Suburbs, one wife dies, the other leaves, he gets depressed. In my first completion, it said the business flourished BUT when "the situation" escalated in the Suburbs, he and a bunch of immigrants left and created a settlement elsewhere. Any of you know what caused this shift?

The additional content I did was: Kill the hospital people, the anonym questline (sided with Aran) AND its followup and PROGREMA base. I assumed "the situation" mentioned was the eviction of the mutant hunters by the imperials, but this happened in both cases* so don't see why that slide would change.

*Anyone interested, the difference between not touching the Anonym questline and completing while siding with Aran (and Sebastion being dead, not sure but think this is relevant) is: the former results in the slide set starting with "Eventually Myzrael(sp?) died of old age" and then goes on with the same stuff :lol:

I can confirm there's no ending slide for the tribals if you massacre the hospital on your own.

Finally finished my first run. Went full-on white-knight. Karma was through the roof. Great mod and will definitely play it again soon. Curious about the low-intelligence path, as well as if there are any special encounters (didn't get any even with a max Luck build, so it might need those perks).

By the end my PC and one companion became full time junkies. Pill-popping Buffouts and Psycho like M&Ms just to get our stats and AP to normal levels.

Black Angel

Arcane
Is there any place where the gold nuggets would be properly valued for sell? Or maybe processed?

You mean the nuggets in Sheriff's safe? If you keep it as liquid assets instead of turn it in to the ghouls, 500 apiece~
After you wiped out Rodriguez, Sanchez, and everybody hostile in Lost Town, the Ghouls would give you two of the nuggets before they leave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom