Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
High sequence and just run away?

Late game depends on their stats. If its FO-like with around 90% max for their gun skills then a HtH fighter with around 80 AC should be able to clean encounters up (and with jinxed just stand around till they critically fail and their weapon blows up). If its FO2-like with enemies having 130%ish stats then you're toast without the significantly stronger FO2 armor and with the powerful AP ammo able to trump 90% DR.

If you get there. My guy just get pop shotted before I can even move to the edge of the screen, and I have 10+2AP for tactical retreat.

Cromwell

Arcane
High sequence and just run away?

Late game depends on their stats. If its FO-like with around 90% max for their gun skills then a HtH fighter with around 80 AC should be able to clean encounters up (and with jinxed just stand around till they critically fail and their weapon blows up). If its FO2-like with enemies having 130%ish stats then you're toast without the significantly stronger FO2 armor and with the powerful AP ammo able to trump 90% DR.

If you get there. My guy just get pop shotted before I can even move to the edge of the screen, and I have 10+2AP for tactical retreat.

Power armor I know of:

Helping the empire against anonym, then helping them against the mutant hunters - in a locker in vault 16 (needs lockpick)
Helping the supermutants kill the hunter boss they will give you another

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Another Power Armour, really late, will probably just go to a companion:

Talk to the injured ghoul raider guy in the final base (level 2), then go to the storeroom guy (level 3) and say you're him. Power armour and a minigun IIRC.

Possibly another: You can use the computer next to leonard to try to make yourself a fake profile under the name "max". There's then an option to grant yourself level 3 access, red access and additional gear. My ~120 science couldn't do the red access or gear, but I suspect you can assign yourself PA.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Another Power Armour, really late, will probably just go to a companion:

Talk to the injured ghoul raider guy in the final base (level 2), then go to the storeroom guy (level 3) and say you're him. Power armour and a minigun IIRC.

Possibly another: You can use the computer next to leonard to try to make yourself a fake profile under the name "max". There's then an option to grant yourself level 3 access, red access and additional gear. My ~120 science couldn't do the red access or gear, but I suspect you can assign yourself PA.

Did it with 130 science. You'll just get some more meds and ammo, definitely not a power armor

Black Angel

Arcane
What's the deal with some merchants just didn't want to accept my offer? Did they only accept specific stuff or is it bugged? The merchant in the Imperial City, for example, and iirc also some merchant in Corath.

Also, just confirmed a bug when
trying to kill Chuck in the basement. I initiate combat and then used aimed shot at him. When he didn't die in one hit, at my turn when I clicked at him with another aimed shot, the screen just goes black, with some of the fire from the nearby torches and red lines around Chuck visible. Happened twice in a row.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So is there a way to increase your stats in the game (like in FO1&2 using surgery) and how much?

Lhynn

Arcane
So is there a way to increase your stats in the game (like in FO1&2 using surgery) and how much?
there is, but its extremely expensive and i wouldnt really count on increasing more than 2 attributes and maybe charisma (which is only 5k). Luck is +1 free if you are a good guy.

sgm

Educated
there is, but its extremely expensive and i wouldnt really count on increasing more than 2 attributes and maybe charisma (which is only 5k). Luck is +1 free if you are a good guy.

There's also a significant hit to your Karma, which is even worse if you try to get the "discount".

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yeah, I couldn't go through with those stat increases unless I was playing "evil". That stuff is hard to justify even for a morally gray PC.

It's morally acceptable if you do it and then immediately murder the doctor, thereby ensuring that more people aren't killed but some good use comes out of those who already were.

Yall need to practice your mental gymnastics

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Does charisma work the same way as in FO2, giving you one follower for each 2 points? If so, is it worthwhile to plan for 3 party members? (5 char +1 from mentats).

Lhynn

Arcane
Does charisma work the same way as in FO2, giving you one follower for each 2 points? If so, is it worthwhile to plan for 3 party members? (5 char +1 from mentats).
I found companions a liability and even as mules they are not that good as you always can carry more than you can sell in a single town, and attacks between towns give you more than enough loot to make this possible.
That said Lystra is enjoyable if you are playing a good character.

Cromwell

Arcane

I think not. You could use them as meatshield but I think lystra and the mercenary are excluding each other because of allignment so you have three left, one of them is a dog, which means only two are doing something vaguely useful and are able to talk to you if you like that.

Theres also a fifth companion which I dont know much about I think I read here that hes only going with dumb characters.

Lios

Cipher
So, what is the general consensus for this?
The need for Fallout 2 arose again since it's August already.

It's not Fallout 1 level of quality and its not Fallout 2 level of funny (maybe it was in its original language), but I still enjoyed it more than any commercial RPG release I've played in years.

Black Angel

Arcane
It's not Fallout 1 level of quality and its not Fallout 2 level of funny (maybe it was in its original language), but I still enjoyed it more than any commercial RPG release I've played in years.
It's in-between: 1.5.

Also,
What's the deal with some merchants just didn't want to accept my offer? Did they only accept specific stuff or is it bugged? The merchant in the Imperial City, for example, and iirc also some merchant in Corath.

Never seen merchants not accept trades if your offer is same or greater than theirs. You sure you didn't mis-read a number?

TigerKnee

Arcane
The font for 0/6/8 is especially hard to make out, that's probably the issue

Black Angel

Arcane
Never seen merchants not accept trades if your offer is same or greater than theirs. You sure you didn't mis-read a number?
2djyo7s.jpg
BtFWk0y

P.S since the IMG doesn't appear correctly in my browser (currently connected to campus wifi), just right click and open the image in new tab. Sorry, I'm a noob for this.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom