Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What's your choice guys between Nestor and Uncle? Looks like Nestor is the way isn't it?

Bloodlust

Augur
Both of them are total scumbags and will treat people and the miners pretty much the same :/

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
EDIT: Corath's gravekeeper's shack can only be used ONCE to get to the time of the grave robber. Luckily, it's around the time we need to meet Clint so one rest action and two quest moves so it's all good. If you need to abuse rest heal, tough~ The underground of Mexican building in Old Town work too.
Wtf are you talking about? There is no underground in Old Town. Or is it?
And Clint quest solved with talk, no? I'll try the last.

Both of them are total scumbags and will treat people and the miners pretty much the same :/
But Nestor line brings more karma.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
What's painful about NMA?
Supposedly it is not as much painful as it is uncomfortable if you are not used to it.
Huh, really? Guess I'm used to it by the time I started lurking there.

It's unfortunate most of the Old Bloods there left the forum and never again to be seen, not even here except of some who actively participate both in here and there. Fallout 1.5: Resurrection is a damn resurrection, indeed, and a start before the rest like fanmade Van Buren and Mutant Rising finally done, with Fallout of Nevada and Olympus 2207 translation finally done.
You can talk it out, indeed, but if you're a woman you can seduce him and he would ask you to come to his house at night. I had 10 CHA and Sex Appeal, and then I was able to simply threaten him with a knife and, in the end, killed him. I assume because I also had 10 AGI I was able to perform that. Damn, some of the skills checks are satisfying but I'm not entirely sure which requires which.

Indeed, but I noticed that my reputation with Corath went down from Liked to Accepted. People are still getting pissed off at having Nestor finally taking full control of the town.

laclongquan

Arcane
7AGI also can do it~
EDIT: Corath's gravekeeper's shack can only be used ONCE to get to the time of the grave robber. Luckily, it's around the time we need to meet Clint so one rest action and two quest moves so it's all good. If you need to abuse rest heal, tough~ The underground of Mexican building in Old Town work too.
Wtf are you talking about? There is no underground in Old Town. Or is it?

Sorry, Lost Town. both the bar's underground, and the raider's underground works. The Deathclaw once cleared also work.

Clint quest can be talky done right there. I try to seduce him into giving back, go all the way. which is a method for anyone feel like notching another on the belt.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You can talk it out, indeed, but if you're a woman you can seduce him and he would ask you to come to his house at night. I had 10 CHA and Sex Appeal, and then I was able to simply threaten him with a knife and, in the end, killed him. I assume because I also had 10 AGI I was able to perform that. Damn, some of the skills checks are satisfying but I'm not entirely sure which requires which.
Wow, also you can come to his house, and just twist his arm - he will return money without speech skill check.
But you can't kill him that way, guard hear all and come to help him.

Indeed, but I noticed that my reputation with Corath went down from Liked to Accepted. People are still getting pissed off at having Nestor finally taking full control of the town.
Wait, how? My reputation went down from Liked to Antipathy when Uncle died.

eXalted

Arcane
What is the role of that man in New Hope that threatens you when you try to enter his house?

eXalted

Arcane
Pardon me, it's Rat Hole, not new Hope.

And this mod un Codex GOTY 2016 contest?

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeah, and I assume cutting one of Willam's wife's throat also requires AGI, though I don't know how much. Anybody can confirm intimidation checks (threatening to shoot people in the head if they didn't spill everything they know) requires STR or Speech?

Wow, also you can come to his house, and just twist his arm - he will return money without speech skill check.
But you can't kill him that way, guard hear all and come to help him.
I assume twisting his arm in his workplace would only piss off the other miners and guards there, at day?

Wait, how? My reputation went down from Liked to Antipathy when Uncle died.
I don't know man. Have you done most of the quests in Corath? Most of the quests in Corath I did in Good karma way, but I didn't do the Abby-Valerie quest (it was so morally grey, I decided not to do it at all. I love it, another one of the quests I intentionally didn't do in a Good karma run, just like that Nico-Olivia quest in the Foundry, Underrail), so it probably contribute to Corath not getting as pissed off at me.

Also, have you helped Dr. Lindsay heal the injured miner? That one was fairly easy to miss.

It was an attempt at an enema joke. It did not come out the way it was supposed to.
Just google translated enema. Thank God I didn't just google it.....

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I assume twisting his arm in his workplace would only piss off the other miners and guards there, at day?
Yep, they attack.

Have you done most of the quests in Corath?
All except with injured miner, but it don't change reputation, rised Doctor, haled miner, reloaded.
Actually I suspect bugs involved because last time I did maniac quest, it changed reputation positively - before it never did it.
And I did Sedit's ghouls quest after Corath, and have found it brings a TONN of positive karma, so you don't need to side with Nestor for good karma, also Nestor is good for another reason, more interesting line with Vodka.

Found a bug - if you KO Uncle, conversation starts so you can get quest to fight Blaster, although you can't do it.

Black Angel

Arcane
All except with injured miner, but it don't change reputation, rised Doctor, haled miner, reloaded.
Actually I suspect bugs involved because last time I did maniac quest, it changed reputation positively - before it never did it.
Huh, that's weird.

valcik would you look into this?

And I did Sedit's ghouls quest after Corath, and have found it brings a TONN of positive karma, so you don't need to side with Nestor for good karma, also Nestor is good for another reason, more interesting line with Vodka.
Yeah, I suspect working with Nestor would brings up more interaction with Vodka. Can you recruit him, though?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, I suspect working with Nestor would brings up more interaction with Vodka. Can you recruit him, though?
You can't, but there is more interaction sertanly.
Actually I expected that Vodka could teach me some Unarmed skill, just like Uncle could teach Barter skill, but that's not happened.
But it looks like you can met him in another place after all this.

Playing on Uncle side you can get Minigun for free, and Power Fist too.
But I just like midget more with Vodka and all his plans to build foundry and such.

Astral Rag

Arcane
lusHtEt.jpg

These crashes only occur during some of the bigger encounters
For me the game always crashes during the second Ramirez quest and during this fight in Rat Hole.

edit: just read Outlander's post, I will try that tweak
If you experience frequent random crashes of the game during the combat, try the small change that could help you with it - Open file Fallout 2\Resurrection\fores.cfg for editing. Find the line that says "art_cache_size=524" and change number 524 to 256, then save the change.

edit: that seems to have fixed the problem :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
You can't, but there is more interaction sertanly.
Actually I expected that Vodka could teach me some Unarmed skill, just like Uncle could teach Barter skill, but that's not happened.
But it looks like you can met him in another place after all this.

Playing on Uncle side you can get Minigun for free, and Power Fist too.
But I just like midget more with Vodka and all his plans to build foundry and such.
Thanks, at least that's cool. So, there's only Mutt, Keri, Floater, Gabriel, and Lystra as possible companions. Is there any more?

Also, anybody confirmed DT was actually removed? Another weird thing is that I was wearing Power Armor but still received quite some damage, but Gabriel with Combat Armor didn't receive any damage from the same weapon, at all!

Black

Arcane
NOTE to Starting New Game:

Charisma dump stat and tag Speech. The biggest use of CHA in F2 is companions. Since they are rare as henteeth in Resurrection, might as well dump it. Speech can compensate for that.
As a fellow charisma hater, I disagree. The lowest CHA I'd recommend is 3 because that allows you to get the +1 operation for a total of 4. That allows you to get 2 companions, for my last playthrough it was Lystra and Keri and it was much better than one/no companions at all. Keri is a surprisingly good shot, with her 8aps you best give her something fast like the speedloader revolver so she can shoot twice per turn. Lystra is a good shot with energy weapons and will deal a lot of damage with light plasma rifle.
Another thing is that having companions (theoretically) splits the damage and in 1.5 you can't take groups of enemies by yourself without any cheese, even in power armor.

1.5 is a great mod, lots of ways of doing stuff differently, lots of replayability. Quests like Rathole Julian vs Leonard and ALBQ vs Imperial City vs Mutant Hunters are great.
After all these years Fallout 1 got a proper expansion.

2 thing I definitely don't like are Saviour's motives and karma playing a good role.
Saviour didn't have much going for him in his story, he was just one of those misguided psychos.
And karma is a concept that should definitely not exist in Fallout's grey world. The fact that Lystra only joins good guys while Gabriel bad guys is very crappy. Don't even get me started on the shaman giving or taking luck depending on how saintly you are.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Seems like no matter how hard you try to do it, George is scripted to die if you side with Alexa. Is there really no way to prevent George from being killed by Alexa, or at least inform him that Alexa is dead, even though you killed her right in front of his eyes and she didn't get a chance to kill him, nor even say the words she says when the script for her killing him trigger?

And why is it that, if you talk Alexa into suicide after they wiped out Julian and his men, Leonard's mercenary would still say those things as if Julian is still alive? Overlooked, or something?

NOTE to Starting New Game:

Charisma dump stat and tag Speech. The biggest use of CHA in F2 is companions. Since they are rare as henteeth in Resurrection, might as well dump it. Speech can compensate for that.
As a fellow charisma hater, I disagree. The lowest CHA I'd recommend is 3 because that allows you to get the +1 operation for a total of 4. That allows you to get 2 companions, for my last playthrough it was Lystra and Keri and it was much better than one/no companions at all. Keri is a surprisingly good shot, with her 8aps you best give her something fast like the speedloader revolver so she can shoot twice per turn. Lystra is a good shot with energy weapons and will deal a lot of damage with light plasma rifle.
Another thing is that having companions (theoretically) splits the damage and in 1.5 you can't take groups of enemies by yourself without any cheese, even in power armor.

You can take Mentats for +2 CHA, so its no problem

You can take groups of enemies pretty well if you Psycho up with decent endurance to boost health. Non-crit normal attacks are going to do 1 or max 2 damage per bullet even with just Combat Armor and Power Armor can completely stop most burst weapons. Crits will hurt like hell but as long as you aren't so unlucky to take a full point blank burst crit which also rolls high enough on the crit table to ignore your armor, you should be able to survive the round and med up. You'll also have to down stimpacks when fighting Plasma Rifles and Rocket Launchers but even in the end game they are pretty rare, and Lasers you can almost just ignore because lol lasers.

2 thing I definitely don't like are Saviour's motives and karma playing a good role.
Saviour didn't have much going for him in his story, he was just one of those misguided psychos.

Savior could work as a Frank Horrigan archetype. He just sucks because he's cast in the role of The Master.

Black

Arcane
Eh, I'm all for min-maxing but taking mentats to temporarily increase your team is too exploity for me.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You can take Mentats for +2 CHA, so its no problem
Actually I kinda agree - 3 is better, you can take Mentats, and have Keri, second one girl AND cute Mutt. And who don't love man's best friend? )

You'll also have to down stimpacks when fighting Plasma Rifles and Rocket Launchers but even in the end game they are pretty rare
I tend to use chem in Resurrection not from inventory but from active menu, one dose per 2 AP. This make fights more challanging, fair and interesting.

because lol lasers
Loolzers? :D

Eh, I'm all for min-maxing but taking mentats to temporarily increase your team is too exploity for me.
Filthy hardcorer! :ehue:

If you are min-maxer than you are for Small Frame, than weight is a problem.
Tl;dr - I just love Mutt and dogs, I can't abandon him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom