Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 1 recreated in Gamebryo (WiP)

Syril

Liturgist
Queued

Fallout the Story is a work in progress at the moment. It is designed as a mod for the NV base game only

Travel:
-------
We made a complete new travel system. Which allows the player to discover the map of Fallout 1, also includes random encounters and the ability to flee (if your character is a coward ;) ). The game will be node based as the original. So you travel from one small worldspace to another. It is not a continues world. We have plans to add one larger worldspace which allows a bit more exploration (as easer egg so to say) but this one will be started at the end of development.

Athelas

Arcane
I haven't felt this excited since Baldur's Gate was recreated in the NWN2 engine.

SniperHF

Arcane
The inherent shittiness of FPP Fallout's combined with the awesome music is a mindfuck.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If only Bethesda would make their Fallouts like this. Having a world map with connected smaller maps is much better than the circus clusterfuck of theirs.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, reminds me of the Icewind Dale module for NWN2. I appreciate the effort but I have zero interest in it because I don't like the engine.
Now, if someone was to recreate NV on Fallout or Tactics engine.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Baldur's Gate in the Dragon Age Engine.
Baldur's Gate in the Neverwinter Nights 2 Engine.
Fallout in Gamebryo.

I wonder if any people even bother to play these remakes? So much time and work put into this from the modders, and I couldn't imagine playing them myself. It's almost always a bad idea, I can't think of a simple remake in another engine (other than Tutu/BGT) from a modder that have been an improvement.

To be honest I feel like this sort of remake would've been far better realised as just a port of FO1's plot and locations into New Vegas than an attempt to reconstruct FO1 from first person which is the way it looks from what I've seen in the past and just now as well. If it's not a Skywind-esque remake then what new things does it really offer anybody that would give you an experience that you can't get from just going and playing the original game?

Some people are saying that the combat in f1 f2 is too slow for them today.:M
There's this really handy slider in the options menu...
gKWXExe.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Junktown

I have to give it to them modders, their wasteland is much better than f3/new vegas. It looks like the wasteland from f1 f2.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
old school loading times

Yes, if you're playing Baldur's Gate and have to swap a CD as well.

Fuck that, I get faster load times in Baldur's Gate while swapping CD, than they have in this mod.

likaq

Arcane
Why recreate fallout 1 in such shitty engine?
Why not use a better engine?
Fallout 1 recreated in a Silent Storm Engine.
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom