Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 1 recreated in Gamebryo (WiP)

Totally off-topic now but I've been actually replaying it today, I'm about halfway through Act V. It's so weird to think of how far we've come with these sorts of things, back in the day you had to sit there for an hour or two swapping discs to install it, but when I reinstalled it a week ago all I had to do was download the installers from my Battle.Net account and I was playing it within half an hour.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Totally off-topic now but I've been actually replaying it today, I'm about halfway through Act V. It's so weird to think of how far we've come with these sorts of things, back in the day you had to sit there for an hour or two swapping discs to install it, but when I reinstalled it a week ago all I had to do was download the installers from my Battle.Net account and I was playing it within half an hour.

Yes. If someone told me 15-20 years ago that we're going to be able to just click on a button and then have a program install the game for us (Steam, Blizzard, GOG), I wouldn't have believed you. Now if you told me that some people had over 300 games they could install at any point, I would have laughed in your face. It's strange how far we have came.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
giphy.gif

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Finally you can play Fallout the way Tim Cain originally envisioned it, without all the technical limitations.

You probably didn't realize how true your sarcasm is.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
178 hrs on record

Borderlands 2
114 hrs on record

Borderlands
100 hrs on record

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
56 hrs on record

Fallout: New Vegas
34 hrs on record

Fallout 4
11.3 hrs on record

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What always bothers me about these types of projects is that the modders have skill. The can create environments and scripts. Why not make something original? Or pick a much, much older game.

Cassidy

Arcane
If they really, really wanted to do a first person remake of Fallout, they should have used X-Ray Engine and done a Total Conversion for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

:outrage:

This has as much point as a Swiss army knife with a plastic knife and plastic tools.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I watched that video. It looked better than any shit I experienced in Fo4 in first 5 hours lol.

My guess this could be a cool way to let Fo3+ fans see how a good Fallout game looks like. But as someone said, they should have taken the overland map of FNV and just filled it with F1 locations instead of having overland map. Overland map will scare away Fo3+ players while us Fo1/2 fans will rather play original anyways.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Someone buy him Underrail, the man made Fallout, he'll love it.

Can you give a game to someone you don't have on friends list on steam?

Lemming42

Arcane
All edginess aside this is pretty cool as some dude's pet project. A lot of work's going into it and that'll probably show through in the finished mod, even if the overall thing is kind of a mess.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wake me up when you create New Vegas in the Fallout/Fallout Tactics engine. Then I might actually play it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Not gonna lie, I love this for the weirdness factor. I mean, I never was super attached to isometric. Hell, when I first played Fallout in 1998, there was this intro from first person perspective, depicting VD leaving the vault 13. I always kinda wanted to play that game, see that world through my character's eyes. FO3 delivered, although they bungled the writing/logic aspect, Bethesda being Bethesda. New Vegas was so much better.
Seeing these locations in first person, with that music...I get all nostalgic here.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Well seems I'm the only one that thought the idea was cool at first look.

What a shame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom