Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 1 recreated in Gamebryo (WiP)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Maybe bethesda will see this and their next fallout will have a map system like this :M

laclongquan

Arcane
It certainly looks intriguing.

Once it's finished, I will give it a try~

EDIT: it looks very desertlike, with baked ground and not much weed. One can certainly imagine a caravan of water travel on such land. Very good art direction in my book.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Who does?
RPGCodex
wDUNC3a.png

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey it looks good, love the music and loading screens, will probably never make it out of a few areas and the modder will go play the originals
Speaking of that, is the Van Buren source engine alive somewhere? Now that would be a totally unexpected development

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I don't think so, the whole point is online and at least that is okay.
Cvet is developing single-player game on this engine, maybe he's going to include changes to the fonline. Also I heard it's not that hard to fix and somebody did it already (I downloaded Fonline Australia and everything seems to be working except time counter on the worldmap, but this probably can be fixed, and options menu that Cviet probably will fix). Engine itself has everything that single-player needs, and it's easier and faster to mod than FO2.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Looks like shit.

Porting/remaking/updating fallout 1 and 2 to anything other than a tasteful exact copy with quality of life improvements,u tasteful stylistically true upgraded graphicsu and a few implementations of the scrapped story, should be a mortal sin.

Especially porting it to something as awful as FPS with gamebryoyouyou engine.

A HD remake of fallout would be awesome.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There is none. Skyrim/Fallout 4 engine is just an updated Gamebryo, despite having a different name.

You can take Bethesda out of Gamebryo but you can't take Gamebryo out of Bethesda.

Bethesda is using the same engine since Morrowing, which was upgraded from Daggerfall, that's like 20 years on the same engine.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Morrowind's engine was not from Daggerfall. Thing is that Gamebryo was only a very minor part of the engine, most of the time it has just been BGS tech running it. The Gamebryo engine cannot handle an open world nor the ways the Creation Engine handles data, it's all Beth tech.

Mozg

Arcane
I think if someone were to actually do this right you wouldn't try to recreate featureless flat plains and shit. Those work as environments because of iso. I'd move the whole thing to a new biome and only reuse some gameplay elements like the timer. Also no horrific Oblivion engine faces without at least the distraction of voiced dialog... just have a text dialog interface pop up with portraits like AoD. Also don't do this in general really. I guess I am with the don't do it people as I review my thoughts.

Elzair

Cipher
In 2004 I had the crazy idea of remaking Doom 3 in the Doom engine. Too bad I never did it.

TedNugent

Arcane
Why in Christ's name would anybody want to play it in Gamebryo when there's a perfectly good isometric version?

Lhynn

Arcane
Seen a lot of interest from casuals to play the original fallout 1 with the launch of fallout 4. hopefully some of this new generation will be salvaged.

thexsa

Educated
Seen a lot of interest from casuals to play the original fallout 1 with the launch of fallout 4. hopefully some of this new generation will be salvaged.
A casual wouldn't even be interested in trying the original Fallout 1.

There are plenty of people who would be interested in classic cRPG's if they got a chance to try them out, but the exposure today is very limited except for new AAA-titles. When you are in school, you gotta play Fallout 4 and League of Legends to be somebody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom