Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fallout 1 recreated in Gamebryo (WiP)

Melcar

Arcane
FO3/4 on the FO2 engine.

My opinion is that this project is more an artistic one than a true modding. More "what would be if..." than any actual statement about what good gameplay is.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
An opensource perfect turn based engine distributed commercially and non commercially with the easiest workflow for top of the line graphics, performance, gameplay and general design which is then also used to rebuild all crpg classics among which Fallouts 1, 2 and New Vegas with new polishing by the original designers and the dead ones who come back from heaven because the rest of the project is handled by god himself.

. . . a man can dream.

pippin

Fallout Tactics has an editor. Haven't used it, but you can create custom maps and campaigns, how viable could it be to use that as a basis for a recreation project?

Melcar

Arcane
Fallout Tactics has an editor. Haven't used it, but you can create custom maps and campaigns, how viable could it be to use that as a basis for a recreation project?

It's a royal pain in the ass to work with. I did have some fun with it modding the in-game weapons and vehicles though, and creating my own. Like mounting a .50 cal machine gun on the tank, mounting a flamer on the buggy, a pulse minigun, or a .50 cal sniper.

Worthless Mutt

Barely Literate
I'd be more interested in seeing Fallout Tactics ported to a new engine, do not like the controls at all.

Gerrard

Arcane
I forgot how ugly F3/NV were. Anyone who actually thinks this looks better than original Fallout should be shot.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
update

They got better lip syncing than Bethesda could ever hope for :M

GloomFrost

Arcane
I m sure they put a lot of effort into this but no thanx. It just looks worse then the 1997 isometric Fallout. It reminded me of NWN. I just hated that god awful 3d after hand drawn, highly detailed 2d backgrounds of BG2. And what is up with them loading times, shandy sands is one of the smallest locations in the game, how long would it take to load the Hub??
Also how would combat work?? In F1 you couldnt even use certain weapons without proper stats, let alone hit anything.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Angry Joe is weird. I mean, he's just a gigantic faggot who cries for his seven dollars on the internet, but at the same time he likes the classics, like old X-Com and Fallout 2. If only he used his powers for good.
That is what I dont get about him. How can anyone enjoy F2 and still say that F3 "kicks ass" and he even gave F4 an 8.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom