Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 is overbashed here

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're mom's vagina is overbashed

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I enjoyed Fallout 3, for what it was, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the DLC or explore the entire world map. In fact, I went the whole game without ever finding Dogmeat. I got sick of quest NPCs dying on me - I'd return to complete a mission and find some Deathclaw or whatnot killed the person I needed to talk to. The leveling system was shit. Fawkes was basically indestructible, so just having him with you made the game way easier than it needed to be.

Example of some of it's shit writing:

Drakortha

Liturgist
It at least had a better post-apocalyptic setting than Boston in Fallout 4. Fallout 4 just feels like 20 years after a zombie outbreak or something.

CrawlingDead

Learned
I actually liked Fallout 3, and I do enjoy Fallout 4. However, the fan-base doesn't allow me to make critical assessments of the game, so I post here.:)

typical user

Arbiter
I actually liked Fallout 3, and I do enjoy Fallout 4.

I know people have opinions and stuff but you set the bar really really low. Boring game with annoying combat and stupid quests designed for kindergarden. That's the best description I can give to this game.

However, the fan-base doesn't allow me to make critical assessments of the game, so I post here.:)

Bethesda fanbase does not accept constructive criticism and has dissonance when someone points out their games are shit? What a surprise really. Eheh, no, actually not.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fallout 4 has more redeeming value than 3 because the combat is fluid and varied. 3's combat is clunky with stilted animations. Both games have awful writing with derpy quests but at least in 4 you can ignore it and treat it as a first person Diablo.

pippin

Fallout 4 has more redeeming value than 3 because the combat is fluid and varied. 3's combat is clunky with stilted animations. Both games have awful writing with derpy quests but at least in 4 you can ignore it and treat it as a first person Diablo.

So it's more of a Borderlands 3 than a FO game then?

CrawlingDead

Learned
I actually liked Fallout 3, and I do enjoy Fallout 4.

I know people have opinions and stuff but you set the bar really really low. Boring game with annoying combat and stupid quests designed for kindergarden. That's the best description I can give to this game.
I don't think it's a bad game, just not what I would consider to be an overall great RPG. To be honest, I don't think any of Bethesda's titles have been really great RPGs in general -- just their own style of open-world, sandbox, hiking-simulator with all kinds of bugs and glitches.

Btw, my bar is set by the original Fallouts and Arcanum, not Fallout 4. ;) I would probably throw a little Wizardry 8 in there.

CrawlingDead

Learned

It's a classic Bethesda title -- shallow quests, even shallower characters, strong-focus on combat and dungeon exploration, open-world, bugs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Yep. I've made that comparison many times on the 'Dex. It's Borderlands 3 with less gun variation but more exploration. And really... that's fine. No one expects a proper RPG from Bethesda so they might as well go the Borderlands route.

SquidLord

Educated

Not really because a huge part of what Borderlands is is a coop game. Take out coop and borderlands is an average loot collection shooter with rpg elements not awful not great. Add a few friends and it's a blast. All the Diablos are the same way really they aren't meant to be single player. Diablo is a vary good multiplayer action rpg but a shitty single player rpg.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
HHR was a master troll.

Actually, no, he wasn't. Take a stroll on over to RPG Watch and you'll see that p. much everything he posted here he meant. There, his style is identical and consistent. He's much more accepted within their walls than ours.

Hard to believe, I know, but HHR was legit.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Dunno, but fo4's guns feels better and looks better than borderlands'

Fuck signature

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Not really because a huge part of what Borderlands is is a coop game. Take out coop and borderlands is an average loot collection shooter with rpg elements not awful not great. Add a few friends and it's a blast. All the Diablos are the same way really they aren't meant to be single player. Diablo is a vary good multiplayer action rpg but a shitty single player rpg.
I've played Borderplands multiplayer. It's more tedious than anything else.

SquidLord

Educated

I've played Borderplands multiplayer. It's more tedious than anything else.

But in that case you're wrong and your friends suck, Fallout 4 doesn't have that excuse it just sucks and if people like it they are mentally deficient.

pippin

"It's fun with friends" is probably the laziest excuse to defend a game or any kind of entertainment. Everything's fun with friends because you're hanging out with your friends, and that's it. It has nothing to do with a game being good or not.

xkilljoy98

I agree that it is over bashed by fans of the older games to say the least.

Someone on NMA even compared bethesda to nazis.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

xkilljoy98

But in that case you're wrong and your friends suck, Fallout 4 doesn't have that excuse it just sucks and if people like it they are mentally deficient.

So people with other opinions are wrong?

Yep, sure does makes sense /s

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom