Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

This must be the mythical Fallout: PoS I've heard about in horror stories. I never believed someone could actually have allowed such a thing to be made.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Of course it is. The camera is above your character and the protagonist of Fallout 1 is somewhere in the game, so it's a lot more faithful to the original.

Gozma

Arcane
Install the mod for FNV that makes your targeting reticle dynamically expand/shrink to show the effects of spread. Every video game reviewer has this hateboner for spread and dynamic reticles and no one ever complained about it in F3 or FNV because of Beth's clever ploy to just plain not tell you the exact same mechanic from Deus Ex or VtMB or whatever was going on under the hood. The spread stat isn't even ever shown in-game in your weapon information.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
There's not any useful information at all about weapons and items in-game. Don't know why they done it that way. Alt-tabing to wikipedia every half an hour is standard for me.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hey... how about you fighting some mutant guy that is the leader of a gang and created a religion where if you die in battle, you go for Valhalla and you drive cool cars on crazy car chases on the desert... ohhh wait... its Bethesda, creativity is something they never knew what it was... ohhh wait... their engine will be Gamebryo 3.0 with a funny name, cars? That is too much technical innovation for Bethesda... hey guys, what will the Brotherhood of the Steel inspired by Three Dog words will save the day now? Mothership Zeta Aliens?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hey... how about you fighting some mutant guy that is the leader of a gang and created a religion where if you die in battle, you go for Valhalla and you drive cool cars on crazy car chases on the desert... ohhh wait... its Bethesda, creativity is something they never knew what it was... ohhh wait... their engine will be Gamebryo 3.0 with a funny name, cars? That is too much technical innovation for Bethesda... hey guys, what will the Brotherhood of the Steel inspired by Three Dog words will save the day now? Mothership Zeta Aliens?
I guess you didn't hear about this game

razvedchiki

Erudite
i think that bethesda may actually incorporate some of the elements that made New Vegas a superior game to FO3,albeit the ones that are casual friendly.

it all depends as to when the game will actually releases,being the only AAA title at the time/having competition from other AAA crpgs or-and old skul crpgs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
i think that bethesda may actually incorporate some of the elements that made New Vegas a superior game to FO3,albeit the ones that are casual friendly.

it all depends as to when the game will actually releases,being the only AAA title at the time/having competition from other AAA crpgs or-and old skul crpgs.
I would rather they incorporate good things from Stalker and that at least we get a good post apocalyptic shooter as it can never be a good RPG.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Atleast Fallout 4 will not be made by Bioware.

I'm not sure anymore if there's all that much of difference between that and Beth's flea market RPG's where you rummage through a ton of useless shit to probably find something of worth.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Todd says he is going to surprise everyone with a big BOOM, just look how smug he is.

Haha, imagine all the issues Bethesda games have had with simple walking and horse riding, now project that to cars. Cars riding up trees and sheer cliffs? Check. Camera being placed under the muffler? Check. Loading screen every time you use brakes? Check. Most of the car disappearing underground during driving? Check. But it will all be worth it to have Three Dog on the radio all the time.

Haha, imagine all the issues Bethesda games have had with simple walking and horse riding, now project that to cars. Cars riding up trees and sheer cliffs? Check. Camera being placed under the muffler? Check. Loading screen every time you use brakes? Check. Most of the car disappearing underground during driving? Check. But it will all be worth it to have Three Dog on the radio all the time.

Or a jeep with a mounted machine gun that requires a loading screen to switch back and forth from the cockpit, because OH FUCK A LADDER!

Gozma

Arcane

Is that really this guy's voice? how come we weren't making fun of that since oblivion times?

We made fun of that other one for smiling by pressing his lower lip against his upper teeth

and sad Gaider

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom