Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
If someone wants a hiking sim with shooter elements, then try FarCry 3. It at least has average fps mechanics.

"...it feels like anyone who likes Fallout 4 has to explain themselves..."

Golly fucking gee, Mr. YouTube Man, maybe it's because it's a shitty game by even incredibly low standards?

Lhynn

Arcane
Been playing it on survival. The combat holds up much better and the survival mechanics are p. good. That said it seems enemies seem to be getting bulletspongy and the only save on rest can get kind of annoying.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
"...it feels like anyone who likes Fallout 4 has to explain themselves..."

Golly fucking gee, Mr. YouTube Man, maybe it's because it's a shitty game by even incredibly low standards?

Better question: why would those who do not like the game have to explain themselves? We have offended the herd by not following the herd thinking/hivemind?
Last time I checked humans in general were still an individualistic species.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gameplay isn't the issue. Writing, content, rpg mechanics, quests, characters, dialogue and c&c are. And you can't fix those with a mod.

I'd say that improved gameplay might at least make it worth playing. It can't fix the absolutely garbage writing or story, but if it was at least a competent open-world shooter with RPG elements I might actually reinstall it and stop hating myself for the purchase. Problem is, it's one of the more restricted games that Bethesda's made regarding mods, meaning a bunch of stuff (like the shitty perk tree) is hardcoded into the game and we'll probably almost never see any gameplay mods larger than what we already have.

Fairfax

Arcane
Gameplay isn't the issue. Writing, content, rpg mechanics, quests, characters, dialogue and c&c are. And you can't fix those with a mod.
Well, you can, but I doubt many modders are passionate enough about FO4 to even consider that.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I definitely would not recommend this game Barbarian if you want a worthwhile gaming experience.
It might be fun to fart around in for a while, but if most games suffer from pointless repetition than this one seeks to claim the crown.
The storyline is very disappointing, the quests (the few that are written, not those repeating ones) are average, and the characters are just re-purposed RPG tropes.
Gameplay wise you can find shooters and building games with much better quality (try Subnautica if you want to play a game in which you build bases and do research in order to make new items)

Perhaps the only good thing in this is the Power Armor but I still find it ridiculous how easily parts can be shot off despite it being designed for the battlefield and those annoying fusion cores (especially as Power Armor is suppose to be powered by a fusion cell that last for centuries) that are just laying around everywhere without anyone ever considering to collect them.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Underrail is a great game so you should definitely try it out. Its pc-only though, so your PS4 wont help you with that.

Goblino

Savant
So I bought this during the latest bake sale, and I actually dig it. Melee is better than it has been and the combat is more interesting than NV even. I mean yeah it has the dumbest opening ever and a shitty plot, but I'm playing survival and it feels like modded stalker sometimes. Do enemies get spongy in survival mode? If not, then I think this game will be interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom