Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I think that Fallout 4 in general can be described as "filler". It is a very unrewarding experience as I don't think it feels like you have accomplished anything when you finally complete the game and its DLCs. I really don't care for the events in the game or the characters that live in this world, and the fate of the settlements or the commonwealth itself.
This is not a world that drags you in and makes you care about it other than perhaps a few amusing moments when you get to play a pulp story vigilante.

Even gameplay wise this game offers nothing that other games have not done before, as well have done much better than Fallout 4.
So with all the DLCs/Wasteland Workshop expansions you can create elaborate Rube Goldberg contraptions and various Lego set settlements. Who honestly cares. (in fact I would much rather work with real Lego pieces and then make photos to show people online what I managed to create)

It is a fun shooter? Shooting things is all that Fallout 4 basically does and this is suppose to be a Role Playing Game series. I in general did not even get the chance to try a different approach on for example defeating those raiders at the robot race track like reprogramming the robots to attack the spectators. The moment I was spotted it was shoot or be killed.
Plus dedicated FPS games are still better than Fallout 4 because the AI is retarded.

It is a farting around game for people who in general fart around in life.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So guys, do you have expierience with mods?
I bought Fallout 4 lol, abd want to mod it.
Can you give some advices about it?
I already found few mods, and need evaluation which is good new outdated etc.

Also my config is
i5 4200H
8 Gb RAM
GTX 850m
and gane is refusing to launch not in windowed mode, so my first need is mods affecting perfomance.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21953/

The Description page states not to install the mod before leaving Vault 111, while the sticky comment has multiple notes about using the mod before exiting Vault 111 - implying that the mod would be installed first.

I assume this is tied to changelog version 0.2's fix to vault doors, but to avoid confusion, I suggest editing one and/or the other for coherency.

It's indeed unrecommended to install it before leaving Vault 111 as it may look broken, but we know some people will fail to read all text in description, or just ignore what they readed and hope for better. So we described at sticky what to expect if install it befor, and what to do, because we know this people will come here to ask what went wrong. It's like to write on a bucket of acid 'do not put hands in a bucket filled with acid' but still need to write what to do in case you did it.

:lol:

So guys, do you have expierience with mods?
I bought Fallout 4 lol, abd want to mod it.
Can you give some advices about it?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index....-working-mods-with-installation-instructions/

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
"Venture into this fighting club where you could bet on fights, rig some of the battles depending on your skills, either gain the trust of Cassidy or make her take a fall in the final bout and get a huge payday. Maybe even gaining control of the place. Or...you could just shoot everyone inside it."

"Oh wow, a robot racing track! You could...."

Missed opportunity after missed opportunity.

The combat arena was at one point supposed to be an actual arena but it looks like it was cut due to lack of time to finish it.

pippin

It's surreal how much better Far Harbor is than original game. It's actually "not shit". Does Beth have 2 teams, Team Release Retards and team Addon Crooks who are kept in the basement as long as possible before they can actually write non-retarded characters, quests and choices?

It's so surreal.

Both The Pitt and Point Lookout had better premises and content than FO3, PL even had a quest without markers which you had to complete by reading documents, using skills and exploring. So yeah, it's what you said.

Then again, the freedom in development of DLCs can result in things like Mothership Zeta

-

The dogmeat perks made me think it would be cool to play as a doge man, so I found these two.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2518/

There Now has a STAND ALONE Version in the files. So If you wanted a Shadow (the Husky) & Dogmeat together you now can.

Please Note that shadow currently isn't as smart as dog meat so she cant take comands or find things. But she can wear dog armor. She is found outside the cave behind Redrocket.

MIYDx1u.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14677/

Shei (I pronouce as "shay") is a mutated wolf ally that can be used in addition to any other followers, including dogmeat. She is fully functional as a companion - can be given commands, fights, follows and so on. Shei is great in a fight (but not OP) and improves health and damage as she levels with the player. She can use cosmetic (and functional) items created at the Chemistry station. You can also build utility items for her, such as a dog whistle, dog toy and map (so that you can find her).

REQUIRES FAR HARBOR. Modified race based on the mutant wolf. No exceptions.

Location: Just across the bridge as you exit Sanctuary, going towards Red Rocket. There is no pickup quest.

Full Features:
- Can be used IN ADDITION to any other follower(s), including dogmeat.
- Can be issued commands, can trade and equip armor (custom created for Shei at Chem station).
- Has custom combat style. Strong, capable ally but not overpowered. Balanced against melee being generally at a disadvantage compared to ranged.
- Ignores friendly fire.
- Improves health and damage as she levels.
-- Additional 20 health every 10 levels, up to level 50 (similar to dogmeat).
-- Additional 5 base damage every 10 levels, up to level 50.
- Does not break stealth.
- Can be stimpacked in combat.
- Can set her follow distance from Near to Medium to Far in the Talk command menu.
- Voiced (as much as a wolf can be), will taunt in combat, etc.
- Benefits from Inspiration, Attack Dog, Awesome Tales #15, Live and Love Companion Perks.
- Paths similarly to Dogmeat when traveling with the player.
- Sometimes she "digs for treasure" and gives it to the player (junk items).
- You can build several items for her at the Chemistry station. Some items require Armorer or Science perk. Some can benefit from mods that allow Legendary modification.
-- Dye that can be used to change Shei's fur. Black, White, Red and Glowing can be crafted. Doesn't expire "on use" and you can switch dyes freely.
-- Light, Medium and Heavy dog armor. Has defense bonuses, allows misc mods and railroad weave.
-- Booster Skin Patches - adhesive tech patches that will allow you to customize Shei's performance. 3 ranks of damage or defense rating, 1 rank of enhanced movement speed. Not consumed on use. Only one can be used at a time. Requires 1 to 3 Science.
-- Welding, Wraparound and Road Goggles (cosmetic only).
-- A variety of interesting hats - Bowler, Militia, Minuteman and Tricorn (Cosmetic).
-- Muzzle or Metal Helmet. Has defense bonuses.
-- Bandanas or Dog Collars. Have minor defense bonuses.
-- Dog Whistle - Utility item, calls Shei to you instantly, even if not currently an ally or in combat (teleport item). Not expended on use.
-- Dog Rattle Toy - Utility item, can issue commands to Shei even if she's not in view. Must be recruited. Not expended on use.
-- Dog Map - Adds tracking quest to your Quest log. Expended on use.
- Whistle and Rattle Toy can be added to favorites if you want to hot key them.
- Sandboxes in her current location when dismissed. Does not use the settlement system.

Caveats:
- Wearable dog items refitted using Outfit Studio. May be loose or clip in spots.
- Rattle Toy commands still require you to press the action button.
- Whistle may not remove Shei from combat (so she takes off after prey again). Useful if you lose her or she is stuck.
- There is no pickup quest.
- Will add more "dialog options" over time.
- Not romanceable, sorry!

:killit:

FFS. iI's 2017.

-

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/

g8IXAvk8jDbKU.gif

Last edited:

pippin

I think so? 3 already had a gun which shoots trash. At least the gun which shot railroad spikes was useful to cripple enemies.

Rock-it Launcher in FO3 and Junk Jet in FO4, the former you had to craft. They shoot junk items in general, but weight isn't factored in which is a total waste because it would give a good use for heavy pieces of cheap clutter that you can pick up for no good reason. They do make it possible to main Big Guns from the beginning instead of relegating it to late game fucking around when you have ammo to burn, so there's that. Railway Gun practically requires Scrounger perk because fuck if I'm gonna take regular world spanning shopping trips for the chance of finding a vendor that has more than five spikes for sale.

Ironically, teddy bears in FO4 sometimes won't show up as available ammo. There are several identical looking variants and some are just good for scrapping. You had ONE JOB, weapons guy.

And while we're on the subject of weapons created by stoners:

I know internal magazines exist; there is none to be seen from both the inside and the outside of the bolt pipe gun. Also for those whining about my voice; put some creativity in that comment. So far my favorite is "What the fuck is your accent? Sounds like a mumbly autistic dwarf Sylvester Stalone"

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I am posting this for someone on CDS known as 'Prosper'. He claims he won't have access to his RPGCodex password for another week, I'm just doing him a favour. It has something to do with a mod for Fallout 4. As I don't play Fallout 4 nor read this topic, none of it makes any sense to me but have been assured that this is relevant and has meaning to those of you who post in this thread.

========================================================
BOF

npcs gain affinity for a player. but can the effect of a strong affinity really be justified as one dimensional if the sources are multi-variable?

why would it not be that love/peace more often could be used to solve a need for battle?

would be cool if the generic npcs slowly acquired a unique personality after joining your team.

every town should have npcs with access to new areas outside of town. and npcs
outside of town should have access to new areas inside of town.
(think looting their keys)

shouldn't the scientist lab npcs value the loot you throw on the ground? especially
the more interesting loot you looted from actual labs in other locations?
could be a simple calculation of how much interesting loot is on ground then
they offer to buy it up and slowly you earn a reputation with them of some sort.

why is it you can never negotiate your way out of a battle with a plain bribe?

some npcs should surrender and offer to join your team. but maybe based on your
luck and charisma will try to steal from you and run off during night first time you
use your bed.

why is it tides of battles aren't filled with participation of neutrals and friendlies
more often? where they then turn on you if you killed someone they didn't want you to.

if you could have a team of stragglers. shouldn't they try to overthrow you
and challenge you to do battle in combat zone? price is they get your key to
one of your private homes or get to be mayor of one of your settlements that you
then have to take back.

companions especially from certain factions should sometimes lead you to a trap (on purpose) but otherwise
to a legitmate finding leaving you paranoid.

shouldn't you be able with high enough charisma, luck, and leadership perks
talk anyone in the game out of their profession and into another?
doc->homeless
barber->doc
homeless->barber
(the effects of this is the more or less physical adeptness at the skills for the job undermines or helps a community)

shouldn't companions bring back some enemies who escaped in a past mid battle
and throw them down cuffed/tied up and ask you what should be done? kill them?
(discovered event upon waking up)

shouldn't player be able to barter their way out of a situation or barter/bribe npcs to leave
an area so player can easier loot/scavenge?
barter proposals could be triggered similarly like how v.a.t.s is triggered.

+barter could even turn into a request to do a simple procedural fetch quest.
(note you are only given a few minutes alone in an area after a completed tradee as it wouln't make sense
any group would totally want to leave)

why don't more npcs quit or change professions naturally? this would be normal in many-a community.

bring in true unconsciousness so npcs can be knocked unconscious for a couple minutes. (laying down)

let player drag conscious but down bodies a distance. ditto for unconscious.

a drug should be usable that knocks the resting position of an essential into a full unconscious state.

make it so every npcs can be thrown off a building easily. maybe in a couple different dramatic ways. if they are "essential" when they hit the ground
they remain unconscious for multiple game hours. letting you be more free to carry out your plans.

how about recruitment pools where the people you rescue or who join your team, get to sit, but over time get on with their lives and become harder to recruit back into use. game could inform you statistically on how that's going to take per person. allowing even more strategy.

(note recruitment pool limited up to 20 )

shouldn't settlers be recruitable? maybe have them develop a personality profile from their experinces of being in your settlmenet including resource limits, and othe rconditions like how oftne you got attacked.

why don't our companions freely gain funds and dedicate to their own arbitary equipments they want to test out?

Npcs' emotions should affect their physical stats in the game. Emotions should change based on the environment and base levels of tolerance. etc.

EOF

SteelAttack

Novice
I reinstalled this game today. For no particular reason except for powering through the main thing and beating it. Dunno when will that happen, though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Freedom is not free: https://bethesda.net/en/article/JfpjRMfAcukkAyK6G2IqO/fallout-4-xbox-and-steam-free-weekend

Fallout 4 – Xbox & Steam Free Weekend

This weekend you can explore everything a post-nuclear Boston has to offer with the first-ever Fallout 4 Free Weekend. From May 25 to 28, Xbox Live Gold Members and Steam users will be able to play all of Fallout 4's base content and try out Mods for free.

In tandem, Steam, PlayStation Store and Xbox Live will offer savings for Fallout 4's base game and Season Pass, with discounts up to 67% off.

Xbox Offer: Offer only available from 5/25/2017 at 12:01 AM PT through 5/28/2017 at 11:59 PM PT. Xbox Live Gold subscription (sold separately) required; broadband Internet required (ISP fees apply).

Steam free period will run from 5/25/2017 at 10 AM PT through 5/28 at 1PM PT. Steam discount period runs 5/25/2017 through 5/29/2017 at 10 AM PT.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Nothing like the first thirty minutes of this game to remind me why I hate it.
After finally getting through that intro and exploring the first location I started to mess around with the construction tool. It is just such a mess from a first perspective view it is more for someone who has a shitload of time on their hands and is not really interested in RPG'ing

Thank you Bethesda for helping me silencing the nagging voice in my head that kept telling me that I should consider playing this again.

Todd_the_Liar

Novice
I thought it impossible to be more condescending and retarded than Assrim but FO4 proved me wrong. What a shit game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom