Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lemming42

Arcane
If they do end up making a shitty novelty Nuka Cola soft drink, I'll end up buying it despite actively attempting not to, just like when they brought out Romulan Ale.

Xeon

Augur
To this day if you (for some reason which I can't fathom) would want to play Fallout 3 with 1
0+ mods (we're not even talking mega-installations here), you have to use specific tools combined with txt-editing to enable Fallout 3 to actually use your hardware.

What text editing? From what I remember you only needed to disable Games for Windows LIVE and make sure all your mods are compatible with each other. This was 2 years ago I think so don't know about recent mods, IIRC game crashes similar to FNV modded every 30 to 2 hours crash. There was a program that allowed higher memory access or something, that might be what you are referring to, I think there was one for every Bethesda game until they patched Skyrim and became obsolete.

- Darnified UI --edit-- text files needs to be edited but if you use mod manager its automatic
- FWE
- Marts Mutant Mod
- Weapon Mod Kits
- Fallout 3 Redesigned
- EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced
- Advanced Recon Stealth Armor
- NMV texture pack
- Unofficial mod fixes
- Stutter remover
- Project Reality
- Immersive Hud
- Compatibility patches
-- Win Live was disabled and all mods were installed with FOMM mod manager and sorted the load order automatically

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I don't think they're going to release a game with the potential to sell 20 million plus copies until the console install base is significantly larger than it is now.

Unless it's another cross-gen, 32-bit DX9 piece of shit.

This would be utterly suicidal.

One can expect the game to release in late 2015 or 2016, when the install base of XB1/PS4 is robust enough. Not to mention the ever-increasing install base of the master-race machine.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On the subject of nuka-cola:
mVxb9N3EUuB-XDIpMhNPpVQ.jpg

That was given to journalists before the release of Fallout 3, at I don't know, PAX or something.

By the way, only nitwits drink soft-drinks.

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've tried just about all the 4GB hacks for new vegas.
In spite of it, I've never once seen it use more than 1.1GB of RAM total, out of my 16GB.
And when it does get there (1.1GB), performance is absolutely horrendous. Among other things, it takes the game a full minute to open the loot screen!

Bethbryo is my least favourite engine.

agris

Arcane
Patron
or integrate the unofficial patches, widescreen support and re-release them cross-platform / iOS / Android.

Lemming42

Arcane
Updates to make it more Fallout 3 friendly would be pretty easy. Update all BoS NPC dialogue by adding "STEEL BE WITH YOU BROTHER" to the end of a couple lines, change the colour of all Super Mutants slightly and make all of them except Lou attack you on sight and eat you, make the vault look completely retarded and add a couple of nuclear grenades/launchers and they're pretty much done.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only option dialogue wise I am aware of is ONLY if you have Vree's autopsy report. Care to explain?

I think he means it as an addition to the "Fallout 3 friendly update" Lemming42 was talking about.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
More (likely) fake bullshit:

MLNMfcr.jpg
4LM0NHX.jpg
QSDN1YJ.jpg

^ Someone on Reddit already pointed out that it's Bethesda Softworks LLC, not LCC, but that could also just be Pete typing in some of that stuff.

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm guessing that's fake. If it's real, though, I'm so hyped to see the in-game results of TruckCrashSCRIPT. Bet it's the best part of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom