Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

garren

Arcane
Patron
Why not move to the midwest? I dunno, it seems like just as good a spot as any.

As long as they stay away from west coast, that's black isle/obsidian turf, and Bethesda would fuck up the lore anyway.

And now I had to go and jinx it

himmy

Arcane
Why do people continue to give a shit about this fucking shitty action game?

Because, all cynicism aside, if Fallout 4 will be to Fallout 3 what Skyrim was to Oblivion, it will be a game worth a play-through or two for most people.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Because, all cynicism aside, if Fallout 4 will be to Fallout 3 what Skyrim was to Oblivion, it will be a game worth a play-through or two for most people.

What specifically did Skyrim do that makes it a better cRPG than Fallout and Fallout 2?

Dragons?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Skyrim's gameplay mechanics, C&C tracking and cohesiveness of world lore are all inferior to Morrowind. NPCs don't react to shit you've done.

People like Skyrim because Oblivion.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

You'll have to wait until it's bundle fodder to find out so you can snag it from the beg thread.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What is wrong with Boston as a setting?

Fenway park Home of the Green Monster.

Bunker Hill.

There's a major league baseball park in... 30 or so other cities (I forgot how many MLB teams there are). Dozens of other AAA and AA parks that would look effectively the same for video game purposes. Bunker Hill is nothing that stands out. It's not like the Capitol Building or the Vegas Strip or the Hoover Dam.

Lemming42

Arcane

What specifically did Skyrim do that makes it a better cRPG than Fallout and Fallout 2?

Dragons?

Who said it was better than Fallout 1 and Fallout 2? If you refuse to play RPGs of lower quality than Fo1/2 then you're gonna be left with about 5 games total to play.

lurker3000

Arcane

Dragons?

Who said it was better than Fallout 1 and Fallout 2? If you refuse to play RPGs of lower quality than Fo1/2 then you're gonna be left with about 5 games total to play.

Actually only one.

Dead Guy

Cipher
The key thing about Boston is that there's a river you can put project purity in, without which a Fallout game would obviously be impossible. You couldn't do that with New York because no one's going to believe you could purify the Hudson.

Calling it now: there will be a quest to get recruits for a baseball team.

Actually, done right that ocould be awesome: give all NPCs and humanoid classes a few baseball skill stats depending on their base stats (dex and per determine their batting average, strength determines their home run rate, pitching is str and dex). Recruit a team from any combo of NPCs and have baseball manager mini-game (no need to have the baseball itself - just a league table game where you get the results and stats for how your team is going). Wouldn't even need to be a 'good' baseball manager game - could be simple and transparent and it would still be an awesome sidequest.

Of course, the reality is that it will be a 'follow the quest compass to these 3 NPCs' quest.

Cazzeris

Last edited by a moderator:

karfhud

Augur
A take on New Orleans like MCA mentions in this video would be so awesome, a nice breath of fresh air into the series. As for areas outside of the US... it wouldn't be Fallout anymore, would it? Like DalekFlay wrote, the US culture is one of the key ingredients of Fallout. Placing them, say, in France, would require a whole lot of research to make it believable and then it'd have to be pretty hard for non-french players to grasp the various nods. The American culture and traditions are way more popular, hence they work.

It'd be cool though if we could come across foreigners in Fallout (maybe there are some in the series already and I just don't remember them). We'd run into a Russian, who somehow managed to cross the Bering Sea and survived through Alaska and now he's here (wherever that'd be). Through a small quest and bits of dialogue we'd get a feeling of what's out there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We'd run into a Russian

Dukov_and_his_girls.jpg

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dukov

:troll:

And there was also Moriarty (Irish) and Tenpenny (English).

(To be fair the first Fallout had Patrick the Celt. :M)

karfhud

Augur

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

This logic does not compute on Codex. If an RPG is not a near-perfect classic you are supposed to refuse (to admit) playing it. No wait, actually, you can admit to playing it, even for hundreds of hours, but then you have to post that's "irredeemable shit" and not worth $5.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
As for areas outside of the US... it wouldn't be Fallout anymore, would it?

But Fallout 3 isn't really Fallout either, is it? So they should do whatever the fuck they want, at least it's bound to produce some lulz. Should make the whole game with space traveling samurais. That would be something.

karfhud

Augur
As for areas outside of the US... it wouldn't be Fallout anymore, would it?

But Fallout 3 isn't really Fallout either, is it? So they should do whatever the fuck they want, at least it's bound to produce some lulz. Should make the whole game with space traveling samurais. That would be something.

I'm not plunging into that black-hole of a discussion, no sir. I'll just say that for me there's Fallout, Fallout 2 and then New Vegas.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best location for a bethesda Fallout 4 would be: north korean demilitarized zone prison cell awaiting execution. Or maybe Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

karfhud

Augur
Any location near a desert would do. Fallout is just not the same without bare wastes.

Deserts do seem as a key component of the series, but when you actually think about it, (*puts on the Cpt Obvious lycra*) Fallout games are about coping in harsh environments, about societies trying to work out where they really shouldn't; it's about the ambiance, the characters, the choices (*struggles out of the lycra*). I reckon if it's gonna be well-written, if it's gonna convey that Fallout'y feel, the new game can be set anywhere, really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom