Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tharkin2

Savant
What is wrong with Boston as a setting?

Fenway park Home of the Green Monster.

Bunker Hill.

There's a major league baseball park in... 30 or so other cities (I forgot how many MLB teams there are). Dozens of other AAA and AA parks that would look effectively the same for video game purposes. Bunker Hill is nothing that stands out. It's not like the Capitol Building or the Vegas Strip or the Hoover Dam.

Both Fenway and Fallout have Green Monsters.That is what I was shooting for not That it was a famous ballpark(It is that as well)

The history of Bunker Hill is fairly well known (In the US anyway).True it is not visually recognizable location but it is recognizable in it's own way.

more reasons

Cambridge (Where Harvard is located) is often called the Peoples Republic of Cambridge because of the far left leanings of it's residents.Ties to FO can be made.

Another thing the Devs at Bethesda like to have a location with a Lovecraftian tone to it in their games.Just south of Boston is Providence home of H.P. Lovecraft.Maybe not part of the main game but certainly a possible location for a DLC.

himmy

Arcane
What specifically did Skyrim do that makes it a better cRPG than Fallout and Fallout 2?

Dragons?

I'm having difficulties in understanding how you inferred that statement from my post. I was talking of relative value between two consecutive games from the same series, and you're jumping to a absolute value statement like it ain't no thang.

Skyrim's gameplay mechanics, C&C tracking and cohesiveness of world lore are all inferior to Morrowind. NPCs don't react to shit you've done.

People like Skyrim because Oblivion.

Nobody mentioned Morrowind, which I hold in highest of regards. Again, I was talking about Skyrim as a game that, against my expectations, managed to raise its head somewhat from the fetid pit of sheer disappointment where Oblivion left the Elder Scrolls series, without bringing it anywhere near the level of previous installments.

What about Detroit?

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game Set in Present-day Detroit

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who said it was better than Fallout 1 and Fallout 2? If you refuse to play RPGs of lower quality than Fo1/2 then you're gonna be left with about 5 games total to play.

This logic does not compute on Codex. If an RPG is not a near-perfect classic you are supposed to refuse (to admit) playing it. No wait, actually, you can admit to playing it, even for hundreds of hours, but then you have to post that's "irredeemable shit" and not worth $5.
Every Bethesda entry to the series makes the universe worse and convinces more people that Bethesda's version is the real one.

That's why I don't care if Fallout 4 even reaches decent RPG levels (which I doubt it will). It's still a kick in the nuts for me, a fan of the original game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Every Bethesda entry to the series makes the universe worse and convinces more people that Bethesda's version is the real one.

That's why I don't care if Fallout 4 even reaches decent RPG levels (which I doubt it will). It's still a kick in the nuts for me, a fan of the original game.

You take shit too personally.

DraQ

Arcane
Who said it was better than Fallout 1 and Fallout 2? If you refuse to play RPGs of lower quality than Fo1/2 then you're gonna be left with about 5 games total to play.
:bro:

What specifically did Skyrim do that makes it a better cRPG than Fallout and Fallout 2?

Dragons?

I'm having difficulties in understanding how you inferred that statement from my post. I was talking of relative value between two consecutive games from the same series, and you're jumping to a absolute value statement like it ain't no thang.

Skyrim's gameplay mechanics, C&C tracking and cohesiveness of world lore are all inferior to Morrowind. NPCs don't react to shit you've done.

People like Skyrim because Oblivion.

Nobody mentioned Morrowind, which I hold in highest of regards. Again, I was talking about Skyrim as a game that, against my expectations, managed to raise its head somewhat from the fetid pit of sheer disappointment where Oblivion left the Elder Scrolls series, without bringing it anywhere near the level of previous installments.
:bro:
I have a feeling you and I are about to become very close.
No homo.

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Would Have Been an Improvement Role Playing Game Set in Present-day Detroit
Improved.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

That's what I just said. The taxes are raised by a dollar and lowered by 10 cents, and the proles rejoice. I find this way of thinking rather sad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Both Fenway and Fallout have Green Monsters.That is what I was shooting for not That it was a famous ballpark(It is that as well)

The history of Bunker Hill is fairly well known (In the US anyway).True it is not visually recognizable location but it is recognizable in it's own way.

more reasons

Cambridge (Where Harvard is located) is often called the Peoples Republic of Cambridge because of the far left leanings of it's residents.Ties to FO can be made.

Another thing the Devs at Bethesda like to have a location with a Lovecraftian tone to it in their games.Just south of Boston is Providence home of H.P. Lovecraft.Maybe not part of the main game but certainly a possible location for a DLC.

You forgot Southie where a bunch of retaaahded gorillas stroll around and Slummerville home of hipsters! Or JP Licks Ice Cream!!!!

You're reaching.

Tharkin2

Savant
Just pointing out that it is not the worst choice possible.

You are correct not many would get the PRC connection outside of Mass. so that was a stretch.

Lemming42

Arcane
FO3load_default.png

I was on The Cutting Room Floor looking at betas of old games and eventually found my way to the Fo3 section. This is a beta loading screen. Just look at it. It says a lot about the writer's understanding of Fallout lore.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They should've just called it PoS 2; that being the closest relative to what they did.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Relaxed exhales" coming from the constipation in Maryland finally loosening off?

:troll:

nil

Cipher
"I've had enough. I'm too old, just let me die already! Find someone else!"
"No Gamebryo! You are not too old! Come on, you still have at least 2, maybe even 3 generations in you! Look at all this RAM! With this you can look like a brand new engine!"
"2 gigabytes? I don't know if I could even handle that much..."
"No Gamebryo, it's....it's 8 gigabytes."
"That's what I said, 2 gigabytes! I bet you'll want me to use 2 cores too, huh? Like you need that many. Look... It's a difficult decision, okay? Can we at least wait and see how Fallout 3 is received first?"
"That's... already out, Gamebryo. You even had Skyrim after that! You remember Skyrim, right?"
"Hmpf! Of course I remember Skyrim! That's the one with the swords, right?"

"Look, Todd. I know how much you like him, but this isn't gonna work. Maybe we should use something else like-"
"NO!! Gamebryo is my friend, and I'm not gonna just leave him behind! Make it work or you are fired!"
"All right, we will try but it's gonna take a lot of time..."
"Just make it happen!!!"

Pete Hines said:
BGS will not be talking about its next game for a long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom