Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

A horse of course

Why would anyone consider Shadows of Boston to be real? It's quite clear Bethestard would want the number "4" in their Fallout game.
Anyway, anyone remember this horseshit? Was this Kotaku trying to get more ad revenue or was it an actual leak? The absolutely horrible writing points to it being real, but at the same time I imagine that this is something a Kotaku journalist would write and admire himself for.

Jason Schreier, despite being a latent paedophile, has a fairly good track record of vidya leaks. Obviously he has time between begging for anecdotes of men looking at women funny in anonymous software studios to meet up with real insiders.

Apart from the time he printed a story based entirely on a joke post from neogaf.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Fallout 4
B1rO_R4IYAAEPGz.jpg

himmy

Arcane
If that trademark is legit, I doubt it's the name of the actual game, which will probably be just Fallout 4. It might be the name of some kind of tie-in property.

Obvious spin-off title.

But will it be a stealth-action 3rd person game where you play The Shadow of Boston, a mysterious assassin who is jumping from the top of one ruin to another and kills people in the night? Or will it be a FPS where you start as a lowly Brahmin farmer on the outskirts of Boston that needs to fight their way through hordes of ghouls and supermutants to reach the city centre and stop the Shadow of Boston that threatens your livelihood? Or maybe an obvious Shadow of Mordor clone with more than half the gameplay made out of quicktime events.

pippin

The title is as formulaic as it gets. Perhaps they are tying to lure the STALKER audience? It would be nice for them to explore more of that Philip K Dick plagiarism android shenanigans, which was one of the few moments of FO3 i enjoyed. Oh well, I probably won't even pirate it. The older games are enough for me.

Nas92

Augur
The title is as formulaic as it gets. It would be nice for them to explore more of that Philip K Dick plagiarism android shenanigans, which was one of the few moments of FO3 i enjoyed. Oh well, I probably won't even pirate it. The older games are enough for me.
It's the same title someone used to create a fake imdb page some time after the Survivor hoax.
The android thing would be somewhat nice, but Bethesda is too lazy to do anything but a cringeworthy android civil right movement questline with it, and of course the obligatory reveal that the player character is actually an android.

Jason Schreier, despite being a latent paedophile, has a fairly good track record of vidya leaks.
He was also awfully smug about being right that the Survivor thing was a hoax. When I first saw the leak I actually thought it's him just trying to rub it in further. But then he actually started seriously saying that he confirmed from a million sources and whatnot. But why would Bethesda set a pre-determined player character when they're all about jerking off over muh freedumbs? Why would they get rid of Ron Pearlman? It makes no sense.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
So people in this thread really, honestly care about where a Bethesda made Fallout 4 is set or who the narrator may be? :decline:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Can we expect more depth RPG spirit in this one? :smug:

I enjoyed Fallout 3, even with its lacks, but i miss the depth in mechanical that the original has.

Nas92

Augur
Can we expect more deep RPG spirit in this one? :smug:

I enjoyed Fallout 3, even with its lacks, but i miss the deep in mechanical that the original has.
Nope, in fact there is a chance that the RPG mechanics will be even shittier than they were in Skyrim. Skyrim's last DLC actually had perk respec. I guess at least it was consistent with the rest of the game, even though it did give the final stab to the replay value of Skyrim.

The quality of writing, story and dialogue is still in question, though. Maybe Emil Pagliarulo finally decided to attend Storytelling 101 and it won't be some crap action movie plotline.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even if this is true... one thing. Bethesda - get your dirty hands from fucking Fallout. Don't ever dream about touching it. Just no.

:keepmymoney:

Give it to Obsidian once more. We don't want your damn Fallout 3 and Skyrim here.

Nas92

Augur
FO3's hero is predetermined (apart from appearance) and everyone and their dog loved it because you have the freedom to choose your clothes and haircut.
Yeah, but giving the player character a voice while setting a very specific backstory to him is a whole another matter. The casting call even implies a pre-set personality. That's strange unless Todd wants to try and make Redguard again (except in Fallout universe), see if it sells well today.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Guise guise the title is 2deep4u, Boston is the main villain, box art will be something like this

A shadow of the villain (Boston) on the city of Boston

Bethesda proudly presents: Fallout: Shadow of Boston

8296649_f520.jpg

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guise guise the title is 2deep4u, Boston is the main villain, box art will be something like this

A shadow of the villain (Boston) on the city of Boston

Bethesda proudly presents: Fallout: Shadow of Boston

8296649_f520.jpg

Someone please make a shooop using this one, I'm too tired to...

539w.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I don't even know what in the fuck is going on here any more.

Nor do I care....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom