Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Risewild

Arbiter
If they fail to give details about how the solo questing is going to work, I might actually consider canceling my pre-order.
The solo questing will be like this: You will get quests and walk around the server doing those quests by yourself. But there will be other players in that server and there is nothing stopping you or them from encounter each other. Todd hinted at this ages ago, at E3.

Later on, there might be private servers, which will allow people to play with just their friends or by themselves, without any random players appearing.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Can we change the thread title to "Fallout 76 is going to kill WoW. This time for realz"?
Comes to finish the job, where SWTOR failed. :obviously:

Every other level will give you a Card-Pack in addition to the usual leveling process -Can combine same cards for increased effect
I know they claimed to sell only cosmetic items in the shop, but... come on, this system literally screams: "booster pack for only 1$ in the shop".

Killing another player who does not engage in combat yields no rewards (I believe when Todd said this, he meant a cap's reward. I believe you'll still be able to take the other players Junk.
-When you die, you'll drop your Junk (crafting mats)
Kill other players, then grab their junk. Worth it. :salute:

my pre-order
:what:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I know they claimed to sell only cosmetic items in the shop, but... come on, this system literally screams: "booster pack for only 1$ in the shop".
They clearly said the shop will have only cosmetics, if they would do otherwise now, there would be an uproar from people, they are not stupid.

Risewild

Arbiter
They clearly said the shop will have only cosmetics, if they would do otherwise now, there would be an uproar from people, they are not stupid.
They said it would only have cosmetics. That is true.

But what if (for example) they wait an year and then expand into boosters and stuff like that? They wouldn't be lying if they did that either. And that would be what I would do, Fallout 76 is just like any other MMO, it's made to make money over time, not just by initial sales. I would definitely be filling my shop with other stuff for people to purchase later, once the initial game sales start dwindling over time.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Mark my words, Fallout 76 will be the next great thing, first was ultima online then World of Warcraft and now it will be Fallout 76.
Now I am starting to doubt your sanity. Comparing it to WoW in any way is absurd. We have NO SIGNS of a meaningful story aside from all the typical Beth fuckery.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Mark my words, Fallout 76 will be the next great thing, first was ultima online then World of Warcraft and now it will be Fallout 76.
Now I am starting to doubt your sanity. Comparing it to WoW in any way is absurd. We have NO SIGNS of a meaningful story aside from all the typical Beth fuckery.

You will see......you will see......

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The meaningful story is: "leave the vault and grab other's junk do whatever you want". Ironically, that is exactly how I played all my Beth games. Since the main quest is usually banal boring shit, I just ignored it and enjoyed the hiking simulator. At least this time I would not have to worry about everyone trying to guilt shame me into "find your babbie/daddy/!" all the time. :argh:

Bigg Boss

Arcane

You will see......you will see......

If I see a story that is not total shit I will admit it. I don't see that happening without NPC's. We are looking at the reason Bethesda actually bought Fallout right here. Not because they cared about the RPG side of the picture which should be obvious by now. They only needed the setting to plop down on whatever new shitty idea they think up. Fallout fans (even ones that have RAGED about Bethesda) will still buy this shit because it has Pipboy, Mutants/Ghouls, Power Armor, and the now overblown 50's retro future aesthetic. If more people here and at NMA voted with their wallets instead of buying this crap, we might actually be worth paying attention to. Problem is too many are hypocrites. I will shame those who cry about THE DECLINE and buy this game. Be warned.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If I see a story that is not total shit I will admit it. I don't see that happening without NPC's.
Paradoxicaly this might work better for Bethesda game, because apart from Morrowind their stories are shit, so having no NPCs and no 'try hard' story like fallout 3 or 4 might be better.

They only needed the setting to plop down on whatever new shitty idea they think up.
And this is why Fallout 76 will be a good game, that is what they should have done with the fallout franchise from the start because they never would never make a isometric rpg like black isle.

I will shame those who cry about THE DECLINE and buy this game. Be warned.

'this is so shit i have to buy this and play 1000 hours so i can tell everyone how shit it is' :lol:

Cael

Arcane
They only needed the setting to plop down on whatever new shitty idea they think up. Fallout fans (even ones that have RAGED about Bethesda) will still buy this shit because it has Pipboy, Mutants/Ghouls, Power Armor, and the now overblown 50's retro future aesthetic.
If people are into the 50s retro-future stuff, I have this game here that might be of interest to them.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
If I see a story that is not total shit I will admit it. I don't see that happening without NPC's.
Paradoxicaly this might work better for Bethesda game, because apart from Morrowind their stories are shit, so having no NPCs and no 'try hard' story like fallout 3 or 4 might be better.

They only needed the setting to plop down on whatever new shitty idea they think up.
And this is why Fallout 76 will be a good game, that is what they should have done with the fallout franchise from the start because they never would never make a isometric rpg like black isle.

I will shame those who cry about THE DECLINE and buy this game. Be warned.

'this is so shit i have to buy this and play 1000 hours so i can tell everyone how shit it is' :lol:

This will not fly. Nobody can claim they just wanted to see this time. See what? If they had ANY DIALOG AT ALL? You don't need to buy the game for that. Need the lore? Watch a video. Need Fallout? PLAY THE OLD FALLOUT OR ANY ONE OF THE DOZENS OF MODS STILL BEING MADE.

They only needed the setting to plop down on whatever new shitty idea they think up. Fallout fans (even ones that have RAGED about Bethesda) will still buy this shit because it has Pipboy, Mutants/Ghouls, Power Armor, and the now overblown 50's retro future aesthetic.
If people are into the 50s retro-future stuff, I have this game here that might be of interest to them.

Funny. That series did the same fucking thing Fallout did.

Cael

Arcane

Funny. That series did the same fucking thing Fallout did.
Yes, but they did it in such a way that it at the very least did not distract from the futuristic look of the game. I actually rate Apoc higher that TftD.

Oracsbox

Reading the comments on any Fallout 76 media shows Bethetards are terrified of greifing and having their immersion destroyed.
So I'd like to start a conversation on ways of doing this for anyone mental enough to buy and install this game.

Proximity chat,Bethetards will leave this on being both paranoid and friendless so annoying music or verbal abuse will be a nice starter.

A player who kills another player will become wanted running around a bethestard in your pants until they kill you should easily enable this.

Pretend to be friendly create a party go on a quest and at that optimum moment leave said party and shoot everyone in the back or better yet fat boy yourself and them.

Find larping bethestard shopkeepers stand on their shops in your pants,obviously shout filth in proximity chat,wait to be shot and then they become wanted.

Simply shoot people and then leave the server rinse and repeat allowing no come back or bounty.

Own a shop and just constantly haggle/abuse customers until they shoot you and become wanted.

Cael

Arcane
Reading the comments on any Fallout 76 media shows Bethetards are terrified of greifing and having their immersion destroyed.
So I'd like to start a conversation on ways of doing this for anyone mental enough to buy and install this game.

Proximity chat,Bethetards will leave this on being both paranoid and friendless so annoying music or verbal abuse will be a nice starter.

A player who kills another player will become wanted running around a bethestard in your pants until they kill you should easily enable this.

Pretend to be friendly create a party go on a quest and at that optimum moment leave said party and shoot everyone in the back or better yet fat boy yourself and them.

Find larping bethestard shopkeepers stand on their shops in your pants,obviously shout filth in proximity chat,wait to be shot and then they become wanted.

Simply shoot people and then leave the server rinse and repeat allowing no come back or bounty.

Own a shop and just constantly haggle/abuse customers until they shoot you and become wanted.
You missed the two easiest ones of all:
1. Constantly move between a player and his target until he shoots you, whether accidentally or on purpose. Congrats! He now has the Griefer tag.
2. Shoot a nasty creature from long range and hightail it to your victim. If it is aggressive, all you have to do is run past the guy. If it is not, wait until it is nearby to both you and the victim, and then exit the game.

EDIT: Full disclosure: I did 2. in AoE2C on a multiplayer game on a Gold Rush map. My victim ended up with about 15 wolves sitting on or around his town centre. The villager whom I used to lure the wolves in was deleted to hasten the carnage.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
1. Constantly move between a player and his target until he shoots you, whether accidentally or on purpose. Congrats! He now has the Griefer tag.
Bethesda outsmarted you, because player can enable 'pacifist' mode, and the bullets won't damage yuo.

Oracsbox

I forgot that one Cael you're right it's beautiful in its annoyance and outcome

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Don't forget about the Bethesda character creator

t9giLCT.jpg

Cael

Arcane
Bethesda outsmarted you, because player can enable 'pacifist' mode, and the bullets won't damage yuo.
If you are trying to hunt something, the last thing you want is another guy running around raising a ruckus. Which will be what you will be doing constantly to your victim.

Someone please post the "Not touching, can't get mad" Friends gif.

Oracsbox

I think it would be nice to aggro a creature to attack a nearby player make no effort to help and then finish off the player before he can get any reward from a hard fought battle and then obviously leave.

Cael

Arcane
I think it would be nice to aggro a creature to attack a nearby player make no effort to help and then finish off the player before he can get any reward from a hard fought battle and then obviously leave.
Don't touch the player or you will end up with the tag.

The obvious answer is to lead another creature to the fight before he was done killing the first one. And repeat as required.

Risewild

Arbiter
Any news on how many players per server? Todd at E3 said it wouldn't have many players at once on the same server and that we wouldn't even see a server list or anything like that.
I am curious about how many players will be able to play in the same server at the same time.

Oracsbox

The obvious answer is to lead another creature to the fight before he was done killing the first one. And repeat as required.

Sometimes it's nice to just do the job yourself,and don't forget to teabag.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Any news on how many players per server? Todd at E3 said it wouldn't have many players at once on the same server and that we wouldn't even see a server list or anything like that.
I am curious about how many players will be able to play in the same server at the same time.

I'm going to take a wild guess...

12-24 people per server. Someone let me know how I did.

Cael

Arcane

Sometimes it's nice to just do the job yourself,and don't forget to teabag.
Nah. It is always better to be efficient and get to the goal in the best possible method (which in this case includes not getting a Griefer tag). You can goof off and teabag his corpse afterwards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom