Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Mech

Cipher
Fallout76_E3_Wendigo_1528639337.jpg

Hey look, a water hag from the Witcher series.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
There's nothing wrong with cashing into a craze, as long as you're using that cash to push the limits of your other games. Instead of trying to make good games from the ground up, they've been building tech demos on the same software for 15 years. "We've got this engine, what can it do?" not "This is the rpg that game design wants to make, get the best programers you can."

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
With the perk cards, Bethesda clearly wants players to role play, because you cannot create a character that specializes in everything, but only in 1 specific thing.

So bethesda wants people to play as a trader, medic, shop keeper, craftsman etc.....

Now depending on how they will implement those systems, either it will work out, or they will fail and everyone will just be hunting each other down and pvping.

However if they would succeed, you most likely would be meeting a lot of 'random' things, with people doing different things, you could see someone running a shop in one place, someone mining in another place....etc, and then players would realy take place of the NPCs

Last edited:

Roygbiv

Novice
I guarantee they'll make reuse Van Buren concepts for the inevitable dlc packs. The Colorado dog city one in particular, would probably sell like hotcakes.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I guarantee they'll make reuse Van Buren concepts for the inevitable dlc packs. The Colorado dog city one in particular, would probably sell like hotcakes.

F76 already is a van burn/vault 13 concept

Roygbiv

Novice

F76 already is a van burn/vault 13 concept
I'm admittedly not super well acquainted with the Vault 13 development problems. On the same subject, whatever happened to the Fallout MMO that Interplay was working on?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wait a fucking minute. Enclave armor? Wasn't it created after the War? On the fucking oil rig?

It's already established not to look at the lore, there are super mutants also..... they just put in everything they have

PanteraNera

Arcane
I'm admittedly not super well acquainted with the Vault 13 development problems. On the same subject, whatever happened to the Fallout MMO that Interplay was working on?
Project Vault 13 = Fallout MMO, developed by Interplay.
What happened? Short answer Bethesda canceled development (if I remember correctly they went to court and stated that Interplay do not meet their quality requirements / have not enough money to finish the game)

Roygbiv

Novice
Project Vault 13 = Fallout MMO, developed by Interplay.
What happened? Short answer Bethesda canceled development (if I remember correctly they went to court and stated that Interplay do not meet their quality requirements / have not enough money to finish the game)
Pfft, Bethesda may have cancelled their ability to make it, but everybody knows it was vaporware anyway.

I just remember clicking on the site with Ma Rainey playing in the background. I thought it was a fanmade viral marketing scheme. It really is sad to see Interplay fall apart, but I've heard that the company itself was botched to hell with poor management.

Squid

Arbiter
People complain about Bethesda's treatment of canon all the time but I think the in game canon weapons work just fine. I don't understand it's not like they're underpowered. Maybe they aren't taking the explosives perks?

Aim1ess

Novice
To be fair there are more than 4 options again, and you can choose multiple moods aside from "serious man" and "sarcastic man." It's sad that this joke shows some actual legitimate improvement over F4 speech.

A game that literally removed speech and NPCs still has better speech options than F4 somehow. Wow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom