Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Autumn Leaves mod for Fallout: New Vegas

Chateaubryan

Cipher
EDIT 10/21/2015 : The Mod is now *released* : www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50146/

50146-0-1443464157.jpg

Think you were done with the Mojave, Courier?
Did you really believe you could get on with your life, as if those bullets didn't scramble your brain?
50146-0-1443182500.jpg

1. Features
A Dlc-sized Quest Mod with :

• More than 2000 Pro-Voiced Lines
  • 8 New Quests with several routes and resolutions
  • 7 to 10 Hours of Gameplay
  • 29 New Perks - with a twist!
  • Hilarious Participation of Johnny Utah, from NewGrounds fame
  • Multiple Endings with corresponding Slideshows
  • Original Soundtrack by Pablo Coma

2. The Story So Far

50146-1-1443182500.jpg

3. Installation
-Simply unzip the file into your /Fallout New Vegas/Data folder.
-By default, using Steam, it's in the : Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas/Data
-Launch Fallout New Vegas, in the starting menu, click on "Data Files" and check the "Autumn Leaves" Box.

50146-11-1443182500.jpg

4. Where to Start?

As soon as you get outside, your Pip-Boy will pick-up a new radio signal - as New Vegas does for all new DLCs - and add a new Marker on your World Map :
Hypatia, where Autumn Leaves takes place. You will be able to fast-travel there, if you choose so. It's east of Novac.

50146-12-1443182499.jpg

5. Codexian Values

So, I tried to uphold Codexian values while designing and writing this mod. There are some choices and consequences, 5 different endings, 2 of them with subsequent slideshows describing the ramifications of your actions, different paths to resolve the quest, no quest compass (with one exception) and a decent amount of skillchecks.

There are also two notorious easter-eggs intended for the Codex, and in general many references to Classic RPG (in the form of collectible books.)

I'm ready for your uncompromised feedback. :salute:

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
A good name and interesting story. I will give you benefit of my... one brofist. Good luck!

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Dude, but Colonel Autumn is F3 character, not a FNV one. And how can he leave if Enclave isn't even involved in NV's situation? Are you trolling us?

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Dude, but Colonel Autumn is F3 character, not a FNV one. And how can he leave if Enclave isn't even involved in NV's situation? Are you trolling us?
Your concerns are duly noted, but let me blow your mind with two words :
Time. Travel

IS IT AWESOME OR WHAT

Tigranes

Arcane
Am happy to use my Humanities PhD for the only practical purpose it has, to proofread some Codexian's mod. (Literally, are you able to send me a textdump? Otherwise I suppose I can play it through and note shit while I do, but I may not get to that for a while with D:OS coming out.)

Anyway, good job for getting it 'finished', sounds pr. cool.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Coolios, I will gladly take up on your offer when the writing will actually be finished. It won't be anytime soon soon, but when it's ready, I will come back to you by PM to ask what's the most comfortable format for proofreading (and if you're still willing, of course.) Thanks!

Chateaubryan

Cipher
So, a few news about this :

-Things are shaping up quite nicely for a release in September, notably thanks to Tigranes efforts to review my excruciatingly bad english.
-The voice acting has begun and I'd like to add that for amateurs, the guys are very good and spot on the characters.
-Word count is around 50 K, that's roughly around Suikoden II or FF 6's word count. Verbose, but not too much, many lines are optional and depends on the player's take.
-The whole focus is on the plot. The aim is to cross-breed Fallout 1&2's writing with PST's : something tought-provoking with a little philosophical shit all around, but never go onto pretentious "GAME IS ART" territory.
-Will rightfully get crucified for namesdropping Planescape : Torment.
-As far as choices and consequences go, there will be 4/5 different endings, with several "slideshow variations" for 2 of these endings.
-Several quests have different ways of resolution, most of the time minor things, but sometimes it amounts to differences in gameplay.
-Most non-combat skills have skill-checks.
-Additional stuff like loot, unique perks. Nothing overpowered.
-Original Soundtrack

The Story so far :

“Some years before the nuclear catastrophe, a small number of men and women – wealthy and well-intentioned - were growing increasingly worried by the political unrest across their countries. Moral panic, witch hunts, and censorship spread like wildfire.
This congregation - often scientists, professors, artists - felt the need for a place where humanity’s history and culture could be preserved, safe from those who would destroy it for its “seditious” content. They pooled their resources in the hopes of creating such a place, free from the volatile swing of political agenda.

A Vault was to be built. Within it would be enclosed the most comprehensive collection of books and holotapes in history. The project owed much to the efforts of one Professor Cartwright, who at the time worked for a certain Robert Edwin House at the Robco Company and used this position to secure valuable contacts within Vault-Tec.

As the construction of this Library began, the intellectuals gathered their private collections, and hunted tirelessly for rare texts to complete them. They also agreed that Cartwright should oversee the process, and act as the Library’s caretaker; when it was time, all would gather for shelter, and seal the doors behind them.

None of them could predict, however, that the bombs would fall so early.
And when they did, Cartwright was alone in the Library.

The Professor knew that his days were numbered. To ensure that the Library would not die with him, he spent his time reprogramming his robots. The machines would ensure that the Library would persevere, until the world could once again take advantage of its wisdom.He would endow them with the ability to think, the ability to choose, the ability to learn. Partly because he feared the dangers that might threaten the Library in years to come. Partly because, as the years grew long, he needed someone - something - to soothe his solitude.

Two hundred years have passed. Far enough time for something to go wrong.
Today, the Courier awakens the Library from its long sleep.”

A few screenshots taken with Dynamo ENB :

tumblr_nsgoqdUcGT1rbenfqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsgoqdUcGT1rbenfqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsgoqdUcGT1rbenfqo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsgoqdUcGT1rbenfqo5_1280.jpg

Chateaubryan

Cipher
And now, with a trailer.

Sorry for the musical choice, we tried to go with "This is the New Shit", but apparently it has already been used in another game trailer.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
This is almost a pretext for a bump, since this thread has been moved from the Workshop to Computer RPG only recently, BUT I must add :

Tigranes has been doing an awesome job with proofreading, and if any typo/mispelling/grammar mistakes subsides in the latest version, I'm entirely to blame for it, for not managing my timeframe properly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would ban you for putting Fallout in topic name. I clicked on this expecting real Fallout :( :(

Neanderthal

Arcane
Have a butchers next time I go through NV, everytime I see the name I keep hearing Forever Autumn from Jeff Waynes War o Worlds in me noggin, fucking weird old brain.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
I recently uninstalled new vegas but damn i want to try this. ill try to give it a shot and feedback while waiting for fallout 4 to be nicely patched and cracked.

but those screens look incredible.

Executr

Cipher
I only managed to play what may amount to about an hour, but I kinda gave up because of lots of CTDs. I suspect it's some incompatibility with other mods I had installed, but I don't have much time to look into it right now. Installed it manually as recommended, instead of using the NMM.
I did enjoy it, very professional looking and good writing (noticed an accent change with the VA dialogue of the robot you first meet at the library, but this is just me nitpicking really).

Last edited:

Got bored and left

This looks very intriguing, I think I might reinstall NV just to try it out. Eventually. So many games to play, such misery :negative:

Drowed

Arcane
I do plan to play it, but I have yet to finish my D:OS playtrhough, and left Wasteland 2 half-finished.

Strange as it sounds, I have too many (possibly good) games to play right now. But it looks nice, and it *is* on my list.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'll be trying this out on my latest game. It looks better than most of the other quest mods on nexus so kudos for that.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
cant I just watch a let's play or something

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom