Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Fallout: New Vegas - Contrarian Corner

Secretninja

Cipher
You have to drive the nail all the way through your hand to realize it hurts really bad. If you just pierce the skin with it, you cannot fully comprehend the deeper meaning and feelings possible once you crack the bone and the nail comes out the other side. Who knows, you might be granted omniscience or some shit once you finish, or have a mind blowing orgasm that is so great it causes your soul to leave your body and persist forevermore as a being without time or limits. Or you could just have a hole all the way through your hand.

Read the whole article, guize.

Shitty IGN article gets 4 pages of comments?
Yes please give them even more website clicks.
*Goes ahead and clicks on the link*
One day i'll make my own gaming website and only post shit on it. I'll be a very rich man

Decado said:
Video games aren't art?
No.

I read the first two parts of the "elder scrolls metaphysics hurrr" link and I have yet to see anything that justifies games as art.

Literature is art, broham.
And yet not everything that is written is art. Twilight, animorphs, kids books for example... Not art. I could write an English-lesson essay on the sexual fantasy of Codexers, but it still wouldn't be anything more than highly disturbed fetishism.

Quilty

Magister
English majors discussing art is the most vomit-inducing thing. And this is coming from an English major. Most of us are dicks who think they can write because they've once written a five page paper on The Great Gatsby.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Quilty said:
English majors discussing art is the most vomit-inducing thing. And this is coming from an English major. Most of us are dicks who think they can write because they've once written a five page paper on The Great Gatsby.

Everyone from academia discussing art are horrible.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Things some people consider art ain't necessarily considered art by other people. Personally I don't give a gilette for men after shave about art. Art is a bullshit term coined by people who have no fucking clue about anything.

Art is what you call when you take a shit and you put a ribbon on it.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Games being accepted as an artform? By who? By a bunch of pretentious faggots?
Pretending to be a movie critic and spewing tons of pretentious bullshit does nothing to make games to be accept as art.

For fucks sake, do people who write about culinary arts, martial arts, art of war, etc. also pretend that their art is like movies?

For fucks sake, games are games. Games aren't movies and games aren't paintings. They are fucking games.
If you want games to be accepted as art, the first thing is that you have to accept that games are games and need to be good games to be art.

And art can be appreciated by anyone. "Art critics" are for brainwashing people into believing that modern artist's shit is better than a beautiful painting of a renaissance master because it has a special message or some other bullshit.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
SimpleComplexity said:
Shitty IGN article gets 4 pages of comments?
Yes please give them even more website clicks.
*Goes ahead and clicks on the link*
One day i'll make my own gaming website and only post shit on it. I'll be a very rich man

Bette suck dicks for money.
You'll have some self-respect left.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
herostratus said:
Decado said:
Video games aren't art?
No.

Sorry, but this is dumb. It's not really a profound statement, here. The Vidya is art, all you can really do is argue its merits.

I read the first two parts of the "elder scrolls metaphysics hurrr" link and I have yet to see anything that justifies games as art.

Literature is art, broham.
And yet not everything that is written is art.

Never said it was.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
GarfunkeL said:
Decado said:
I don't disagree with any of that. I just get all :x when people don't read the shit they're commenting on.

Get some perspective, retard. Nothing folks commented on was in contrast with what the full article held. Where did you even get that idea? That a shitty, pretentious writer is a retard and cannot grasp basic gameplay-concepts?

Maybe save your precious counter-rage for the threads that actually need it. Otherwise you are going to run dry and sneak back to RPGWatch.

Lol post more internet tips.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
Also the Vidya/Art :x :x :x is pretty funny, calm the fuck down guys nobody is taking away your hobby.

Black

Arcane
Contrarian Corner takes a critical look at recent games, with the intention of encouraging a broader discussion of titles which have been the recipient of either an abundance of single-minded praise

Not doing the best job, shitheads.

Black

Arcane
2010, retarded and has BG2 quote in his signature.
It's funny, actually. Prior to 2010 I didn't really have to bother with IGNore list but now it seems like there's some sort of competition who'll be ignored the most.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Jaesun said:
Decado said:
Jaesun said:
use the fucking edit button 2010 newfaggot.

Haha why? Does the internet charge per electron?

Because having to read three of your fucking shitty posts in a row makes me fucking ANGRY.

This "2010 newfags" routine is starting to get old. This isn't your forum anymore shithead, better start packing away. /Defender of 2010 newfags everywhere

But seriously, change the fucking tune

Flatlander

Liturgist
Quaker444 said:
But anyways, I agree gaming is just as much of an art form as anything, and Fallout New Vegas is a perfect example of this, because open world gaming is truly something new. For all the art humans have created, to have a true virtual world, we're just starting to realize that, and Oblivion was really the first big step in the right direction (I know we had Ultima 7 in the 90s and the earlier GTA games, but Oblivion was unlike anything before.)
And so many commenters going all "oooh you're just not smart enough to get it, it's deep man" :x

Fuck, just read the comments. That guy is apparently incapable of forming a single sentence without spicing it up with that pseudo intellectual crap.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Decado said:
Lol post more internet tips.

Hey, if you insist on coming across as a giant douchebag and a retard to everyone, be my guest. You're well on your way down that road.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom