Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas released on GOG (and Fallout 3 & Oblivion too)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; Fallout 3; Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

Back in August 2015, Bethesda finally established a relationship with GOG and released their legacy titles there, including all of their RPGs up to Morrowind. Today they've followed that up with the release of three newer ones - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and most importantly to us, Obsidian's vastly superior spinoff Fallout: New Vegas. All three games are the GOTY/Ultimate Editions including all DLC, and all three are on sale for $10 until next Tuesday. Bethesda's older games are also on sale with a steeper 75% discount.

Welcome to the age of DRM-free New Vegas! I guess it'll take them a few years more to release Skyrim and Fallout 4 too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thank you God Howard!

8651023.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Remember when Steam haters would say 'WUT U GUNNA DEW WHEN STEAM SHUTS DOWN NO MOAR GAEM' -- well looks like everything will be free thanks to GOG. The eventual dumping ground of legacy backup files.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I never got into F3 so I never gave NV a try, but after reading all the positive shit about it on the web I think I might give it a shot, will probably download it tonight.

Any essential mods I should download with it for a first time playthrough?

Archibald

Arcane
Remember when Steam haters would say 'WUT U GUNNA DEW WHEN STEAM SHUTS DOWN NO MOAR GAEM' -- well looks like everything will be free thanks to GOG. The eventual dumping ground of legacy backup files.

Well nobody expected, I think, for GOG to gain as much traction as it did.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The eventual dumping ground of legacy backup files.
In case you're not just shit posting but sincerely care about preserving old games. There's a project by the name of ReDump which goal is to build a database of checksums for byte perfect rips of CD images for various systems. They've already dumped many thousands of disks all over the world. You can find p much any pre 2010 game on there.

Of course, the actual CD images are not public, because piracy. But if you ask around and look at some forums, you can get a link to a system specific torrent that contains many terabytes worth of pure gold (and also pure shit) old school games. Each and every CD image is a byte perfect unaltered rip, how cool is that.

I mean, think about it. What would the publishers do without pirates. Most old games that are released on Steam/GOG just use a no CD crack made by some nerd back in the day. I've checked it, and it makes sense, nobody's going to look for the original source code and also pay somebody money to remove the original DRM. Some companies even admitted to just torrenting a game and then uploading the whole thing to their Steam channel.

Yeah, the publishers and pirates are almost like Batman and Joker, both need each other to survive.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Sawyer's mod is :balanced:.
That's all you need really. Get the unofficial patch as well. Fuck anything else; graphics, quest mods, other changes etc...Unlike Bethesda made games, this doesn't need wholesale changes to be playable. Went through it with only a handful of crashes and game was neatly balanced so that I hit the lowered level 30 cap for Sawyer mod only about 5 hours before the end of the game(the original 50 level cap would have been ridiculously OP).

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The eventual dumping ground of legacy backup files.
In case you're not just shit posting but sincerely care about preserving old games. There's a project by the name of ReDump which goal is to build a database of checksums for byte perfect rips of CD images for various systems. They've already dumped many thousands of disks all over the world. You can find p much any pre 2010 game on there.

Of course, the actual CD images are not public, because piracy. But if you ask around and look at some forums, you can get a link to a system specific torrent that contains many terabytes worth of pure gold (and also pure shit) old school games. Each and every CD image is a byte perfect unaltered rip, how cool is that.

I mean, think about it. What would the publishers do without pirates. Most old games that are released on Steam/GOG just use a no CD crack made by some nerd back in the day. I've checked it, and it makes sense, nobody's going to look for the original source code and also pay somebody money to remove the original DRM. Some companies even admitted to just torrenting a game and then uploading the whole thing to their Steam channel.

Yeah, the publishers and pirates are almost like Batman and Joker, both need each other to survive.

I remember Underground Gamer had this stuff. Was great. There is a lot of shit indeed, but often there were many great games that have been lost to almost all official and unofficial channels and even those you can find on abandonware are usually rips and not proper images with Red Book audio for the soundtrack etc. Was a great resource. Sad to see it go.

I never got into F3 so I never gave NV a try, but after reading all the positive shit about it on the web I think I might give it a shot, will probably download it tonight.

Arwen's list isn't bad. If you're gonna use Sawyer's mod, there's this touched up version on the Nexus which is made to work with the unofficial patch and other popular mods.

http://arwenevecom.ipage.com/FalloutNV/FNV-Mods.htm

http://nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61592/?

Finally, now Clockwork Knight can stop playing these fine games on Xbawks and can play them on PC, because he no longer must deal with GabeN. Come on, Clockwork Knight its your time.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Finally, now Clockwork Knight can stop playing these fine games on Xbawks and can play them on PC, because he no longer must deal with GabeN. Come on, Clockwork Knight its your time.
Clocky is a huge Steam whore btw, he has over 1500 games on his account
Huh. Who the hell was I thinking of that played these games on Xbawks because of a hate boner for GabeN?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom