Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Shelter, Bethesda's Vault management sim - now on PC

Beastro

Arcane
Vault Boy has become what he was originally created to mock.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
In a stroke of marketing brilliance... Fallout Shelter passed King’s (NYSE: KING) Candy Crush Saga on the iOS top-grossing charts and earned 5 million in just 2 weeks

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

hqdefault.jpg

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Inb4 fucking Bethesda monopolizes the market and takes over every famous IP.

Baldur's Gate Scrolls in the making with Imoen getting stuck on trees and clipping through stones.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Released on Andaranoid finally so played it for an hour so.

Pay to not play is a bit better done than in other games I play plus didn't notice any ads popping up yet.
So yeah, not much I can complain about right now. We'll see in a week or so.

Got 2 guns and 2 armors from cases and sent 2 dwellers to explore, hopefully they'll bring some goodies back with em.

kazgar

Arcane
android version has serious bug that makes the game unplayable and seems to wipe your save and all microtransaction information.

Got hit by it yesterday, luckily there's no reason to spend money on it so I've just lost some idle progress, and probably won't start again.

Probably worth waiting if you're considering throwing money at it. (don't throw money at it)

Also this review seems to sum up my experience (forbes link)

pippin

I haven't experienced that bug yet. Then again, I'm not going to spend money on any mobile game, especially if it's part of this Pay-To-Enjoy-It-More scheme.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Spend money on a mobile game lol what kind of people are you not Codexer's that for sure get off my website you pay-to-win hobo's.

Agree with the review. I'm up to the point where I can safely guarantee a daily raid from Deathclaws... Who knock down my Vault Door as if it's not even there (less than a second lol, and it's a level 2 door) and then proceed to run through the entire Vault and kill everyone... Who has really low health because unless you login every 5 minutes to "collect resources", your people just eat and drink until they run out and then lose happiness, which of course affects health, and they have really low health and so can't fight off raiders.

Still, it's been fun reviving everyone one-by-one as I manage to get enough caps to revive people. I think I'll stop after the next Deathclaw attack which I'm expecting sometime later today though.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
This game is actually fun,
If you define staring at the screen feeling your brain atrophy while waiting to mindlessly tap something again as "fun", yes, it's fun.

I shouldn't be surprised though. These kind of games are probably a natural side-effect of modern [American] society; the feeling of accomplishment ("upgrades" etc) at the expense of almost no effort or brainpower whatsoever, all the while sitting around like a fat lazy shit staring into a screen and maybe drooling a bit.

Inb4 fucking Bethesda monopolizes the market and takes over every famous IP.
Animal Speaking of which, have they already ruined Doom franchise? I'm scared to check.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This game should be banned because it reinforces gender stereotypes. I find myself using the women as breeders, never risking them outside the Vault and ensuring their wombs are maximising their full breeding potential at all times.

... or at least I was, until I realised that > population = Deathclaw attacks, which absolutely murder everyone. So I'm keeping it to around 50 until everyone's fully equipped and highly trained, but still.

Mind you, I had thought of expunging all the males apart from a dozen kept in the Living Room, and rotating the women through, using pregnant women as my labour force.

I also think I might be racist. I notice a distinct lack of non-white individuals in my Vault, which I believe is as a result of my subconscious breeding decisions.

Has somebody told the SJWs about this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom