Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"anonymous Ubisoft developer" yeah, sure! I can do that also, I can speak with 5 "anonymous developers" in 1 minute

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

DCf4dzAUIAEYLJA.jpg

DCf4eCsUMAIBZIs.jpg

No longer D1P for me.

Gerrard

Arcane
What about having white mercs in Far Cry 2 in Africa? how come they didn't complain about that?
:troll:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't get this hubbub about muh controversy. The game is about christian rednecks fighting against random heretic cult rednecks. Who is supposed to be butthurt about that here?

Sensitivities are high. Knee-jerk reactions are unavoidable at this point.

Libtards will of course say that this shows that the right is just as bad as SJWs, but they fail to mention that white bashing is actually out there. To wit: SJWs are actually pissed this game ISN'T about bashing white conservative Christians and that Ubishit decided to play it safe. How is it overreacting on the part of the right when the left is all about hating whites and hating conservatives at this point?

The controversy is the result of SJWs creating this atmosphere with their bigotry in the first place. They are out bashing whites day and night. Conservatives will invariably be oversensitive about this stuff, and they wouldn't be wrong either, for 9 out of 10 if it seems that something is bashing white conservatives, it probably is.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
There probably won't be any tower climbing in this game. Far Cry Primal didn't have it, neither did Watch Dogs 2 IIRC although I didn't play that one. They realized it was a played out feature and dropped it from their more recent titles.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious if the game will sell.I doubt that most purple haired people play FarCry or games as a whole.I don't see many Christians and rednecks going in droves to buy the game.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It will probably sell as good or better than the last couple of main Far Cry games. They seem to be trying to do more than just reskin Far Cry 3 with this one as well. Far Cry 4 was basically just Far Cry 3 with a different map and story. Primal mixed things up more by being set in the stone age but still recycled the Far Cry 4 map and basic gameplay structure of capturing outposts.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How hard can it be to come up with a new map? It's not like the design is particularly clever.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Like the guy in that video said - It would be a feature and nice thing to have if they actually set this in the same place, so you basicly "travel back in time" and could see how enviroment changed across the years. Instead, they went total retard and said that Primal takes place in a different place. So why the fuck it looks almost the same?
Well... Ubisoft never changes.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Also, the dog is going to die, am I right? God dammit, I just hate seeing dogs dying.

On the contrary, the dog is obviously immortal. He charges into a group of of people armed with automatic rifles and is perfectly fine at the end of it.

:popamole:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom