Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also, the dog is going to die, am I right? God dammit, I just hate seeing dogs dying.

On the contrary, the dog is obviously immortal. He charges into a group of of people armed with automatic rifles and is perfectly fine at the end of it.

:popamole:
Yeah but those are rednecks,they don't kill animals they love them.I bet that the dog was butthurt by the end of it.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It really ticks me off that Ubisoft has some of the best and most talented people in the industry and all that they are assigned to do is garbage template games with a high budget. At least the music is good and I like the general theme, a bit more interesting to kill something new and have a new enemy with it's own reasoning other than "evil mindlessly violent bad guy." The cultish christian theme is interesting and rarely explored, imagine if there was a Jonestown game. I like that it's based in Montana, probably the state I would live in if I was American.
New gameplay if anyone gives a shit. It's IGN so remember to keep your adblock on.

PorkBarrellGuy

It really ticks me off that Ubisoft has some of the best and most talented people in the industry
8b068b2a87.jpg

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I don't like Ubisoft on a company level either but to say that they don't have talent in the studios is plain delusion, they do have talented people but the dickheads on top don't allow anything good and force the studios to make template games like FC5. Occasionally Ubisoft can somehow make good games like Rainbow Six: Siege, but those too have awful monetization.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't like Ubisoft on a company level either but to say that they don't have talent in the studios is plain delusion, they do have talented people but the dickheads on top don't allow anything good and force the studios to make template games like FC5. Occasionally Ubisoft can somehow make good games like Rainbow Six: Siege, but those too have awful monetization.
You've yet to prove their talent. Talent where? Since it's clearly not game design, and the gameplay for Far Cry was always mediocre at best. Don't even bother mentioning Assassin's Creed. Considering most of what they churn out is downright garbage, and you'll be lucky to get anything close to decent such as the newer Rayman games. While Rayman was impressive, I think it would be more accurate to say that the talented people are the minority?

PorkBarrellGuy

You've yet to prove their talent. Talent where? Since it's clearly not game design, and the gameplay for Far Cry was always mediocre at best. Don't even bother mentioning Assassin's Creed. Considering most of what they churn out is downright garbage, and you'll be lucky to get anything close to decent such as the newer Rayman games. While Rayman was impressive, I think it would be more accurate to say that the talented people are the minority?
The real talent is obviously whoever came up with Uplay. Masterstroke of trolling right there. It takes talent to be the worst DRM-disguised-as-content-delivery-service on the market.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I just think the potential of what the devs could do has been suppressed by the head honchos of Ubisoft. They definitely have potential to make greatest of all time tier games with the talent and resources they have but it's clear that the people on top want instant money and don't really care too much about gaming.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
UBI games always have 2 million UI things going on at the same time. What happened to the clean minimalistic approach...

PorkBarrellGuy

UBI games always have 2 million UI things going on at the same time. What happened to the clean minimalistic approach...
Kiddies hopped up on Monster and Ritalin need plenty of shit on screen to keep them interested. Also, the more needlessly complex the UI the more gooder you can keep track of pointless shit or something. FC5 isn't the worst I've seen about UI clutter but the way they do objective arrows and shit confuses me. I still don't understand why people who aren't retards need IFF doritos on everything.

At least the weapon doesn't take up 25-33% of the fucking screen like in NuDooM.

PorkBarrellGuy

Also what kind of superturkey takes an AR15 burst and keeps on ticking? I know 5.56x45 is purported to be dogshit for stopping power but come the fuck on. You can SCARE the stupid bastards to death.

Ash

Arcane
Also what kind of superturkey takes an AR15 burst and keeps on ticking? I know 5.56x45 is purported to be dogshit for stopping power but come the fuck on. You can SCARE the stupid bastards to death.

When are animals in video games not HP-bloated even a little? It exists because gameplay/challenge.
There's plenty worse things to criticise.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm constantly wondering where is the FBI while watching Far Cry 5 media. Hard time believing they would just let that cult just run free.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Looks like this could be the most fun Far Cry game since FC2.

its nice that i can just glance in the enemy's general direction and wallhack tag a whole group of them automatically now.

i watched maybe ten minutes of that and im not sure i saw the player taking any damage or any health indicator popping up. now its obviously on super easy mode, but is it possible they finally implemented full health regen too?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
i watched maybe ten minutes of that and im not sure i saw the player taking any damage or any health indicator popping up. now its obviously on super easy mode, but is it possible they finally implemented full health regen too?
It's probably easy as fuck as with most Ubisoft games but it's probably not full health regen and is instead like Far Cry 3 and 4 were with some health being regenerated but not all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom