Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

McPlusle

Savant
Because people, regardless of political or religious or social affiliation, love having their precious feelings hurt.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
DAoOB05W0AAwshw.jpg

Do you know the definition of insanity? It's doing the exact same thing over, and over again, and expecting a different result.

Last edited:

decaf

Learned
Why do you people assume it's against Trump/Christians/Whites and not mocking extremist cults like Peoples Temple and Branch Davidians?

Because it's $CURRENT_YEAR and Branch Davidians are $CURRENT_YEAR-62.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They can add a journalist character who gets bodyslammed by one of the cult leaders when trying to interview him.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Pretty risky choice for theme and antagonist, especially given the current state of American culture and politics. So hats off for that, even if game itself becomes another generic Ubisoft title.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Pretty risky choice for theme and antagonist, especially given the current state of American culture and politics. So hats off for that, even if game itself becomes another generic Ubisoft title.
Ubisoft probably thought Hillary would be the new POTUS. This game is likely in development since 2015, or at least 2016.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The series went total shit after FC2.
That was the shit one iirc

Nah, the cookie cutter shit only started with FC3. FC2 was still refreshingly sandboxy and tough enough to be enjoyable for a few hours here and there.

Well this sure is first time I've read anyone speaking of FC2 in positive fashion. Even at best the views on it I've seen all around at the time of it's release and later (when it was somewhat relevant still, especially before release of FC3) were typically 'Meh".

The big 'meh' for me were the insane respawns. Couldn't go 10 metres without a checkpoint or vehicle. Actual game was solid, looked(and still looks)good with decent combat and some great VO from the mooks, which really brought out the macho/fear/rage in their curses against you that I haven't really seen from antagonists in other games which sounded bored and schematic. That spawning though made the game incredibly tedious as you'd have to clear the same places again and again and again.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'd buy it if we get to play as Christians bringing :incline: to the Godless traitors in the U.S. of A., but we'll most likely be fighting them and playing as some loser, the cover pretty clearly shows them as the villains, like the FC3/4 covers.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Risky would be a game fighting muslim terrorists, with the Koran and underaged sex slaves on the box cover. This is your regular shit to feed edgy teenagers sanctified by the culture industry.
Anyways, it's an Ubisoft game so it'll be a steaming pile of shit whatever they do.

Parsifarka

Arcane
You tell me; I only recall Postal 2 (where you also get to kill catholic priests and hippy pseudochristian sects), IS Defense (in fact, a pointless game made just for the sake of polemics) and a RTS, C&C Generals. Notice how those three games heated up the censorship debate while this one does not because nobody fucking cares in spite of bearing a much, much bigger name in terms of sales.
Most FPS I can think of are about killing Russians or Arabs for their oil regardless of their religious affiliation. So please, name some games where you fight mujahideen scum, I would love to play them. And even if you do find one of them, I highly doubt you'll find the religious connection with "Allahu akbar" shouts, quotes of their book, mosques, etc.

Parsifarka

Arcane
You tell me; I only recall Postal 2 (where you also get to kill catholic priests

Weren't you supposed to side with Catholic Priests and kill terrorists in Postal 2?
Nope, you can kill everybody and pee over their corpses if you wish so. It's a wonderful game, very inclusive. In the expansion pack, Paradise Lost, you actually can ally yourself with the terrorists.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The series went total shit after FC2.
That was the shit one iirc

Nah, the cookie cutter shit only started with FC3. FC2 was still refreshingly sandboxy and tough enough to be enjoyable for a few hours here and there.

Well this sure is first time I've read anyone speaking of FC2 in positive fashion. Even at best the views on it I've seen all around at the time of it's release and later (when it was somewhat relevant still, especially before release of FC3) were typically 'Meh".

The big 'meh' for me was the insane respawns. Couldn't go 10 metres without a checkpoint or vehicle. Actual game was solid, looked(and still looks)good with decent combat and some great VO from the mooks, which really brought out the macho/fear/rage in their curses against you that I haven't really seen from antagonists in other games which sounded bored and schematic. That spawning though made the game incredibly tedious as you'd have to clear the same places again and again and again.

I reckon you mentally blocked diamond hunting. I wouldn't blame you.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I was starting to look foward to a western setting with far cry gameplay (wich would be more fun than RDR).

But Ubisoft continues to show their usual quality when it comes to sandboxes...

I think will be in for the incoming retardeness of the story.

giphy.gif

waterdeep

Learned
Having a poke at religious cult extremists isn't "anti white", you should stop projecting your identity politics and persecution complex onto games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom