Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Boss Fights in PC Games

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Derp didn't read first post

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
Devil May Cry 3 have great bosses. For example Cerberus is great first boss, Angi and Rudra is example how to make fight with two enemies and last but not least Vergil.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I've remembered another memorable one: Naggarok, the end boss for Homeworld: Cataclysm. In order to defeat it, I had to bring the Kuun-Lan close enough and fire the siege cannon at point-blank range. Both ships survived, albeit heavily damaged, and I had to use my other ships to finish it off, but it felt like such a heroic sacrifice to charge it and stop the infection.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, beyond Xan (amazing AI) and Jon Irenicus I don't remember any good one that wasn't bullet/swing/choppa sponge or dumbass wit cheap attack and tricks.

Maybe Trickster from Thief TDP with memoriable OH SNAP at the very end.

Declinator

Arbiter
The final boss fight in Knights of the Chalice with the dragon and a huge amount of weaker enemies (not the optional fight.)

And for a bit more non-traditional "boss fight": the civil war at the end of Rome Total War if playing a roman faction.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Gateway to the Savage Frontier: Final fights (made it worth slogging through the trash combat that the rest of the game consists of).
Pools of Darkness: Final fights. Some of the minor boss fights were pretty good, too.
Baldur's Gate (with SCS): Bandit Camp, Red Wizards, Iron Throne bosses in their HQ in Baldur's Gate to name a few
Baldur's Gate 2: so many it's hard to choose.

Last edited:

Blonsky

Prophet
When i got to the final boss in Hexen 2 i was disappointed by the small red imp, and then the fucker started to grow and i remember freaking out and thinking how the fuck can i kill something the size of a house.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom