Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Boss Fights

Ivan

Arcane
Just beat this guy on Very Hard, which required memorizing his entire moveset, getting really fucking lucky with the debris ninja blade part for hp packs, and just staying calm when I was on my last legs. MGR:
F3CEE4139538B64BD25B6285A5E884C90976319C
Which made me reflect on what were some of the most difficult/memorable boss fights I've experienced. Here are a few that stand out:
Shadow of the Colossus:
267207-shadows_of_the_colossi_final_by_andydaroo-d6wxr1q.jpg
DMC3:
Vergil-Devil-May-Cry-3-devil-may-cry-3-10480526-1024-768.jpg
God Hand:
azrel.jpg

What are some of your favorites?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The fight vs Zero in Megaman X2. Brilliant fight, fast paced, does everything right.

Also, lots of the fights in Iji;

For turn based, I'd have to go with one of the later fights in Labyrinth of Touhou 2. Hard to pick out a specific one though. Actually, speaking of Touhou, the actual shmups have some pretty cool boss fights too. Alas, I'm getting too old for that shit, I don't have the reflexes/awareness to make such precise dodges over and over again.

Ivan

Arcane
Bayonetta 2:

Where the spectacle of the boss fight from the fucking prologue shits on other action games' final encounters.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
latest

By far my favorite boss fight in any game. It's amazing how many ways you can approach this boss fight, just wished most of the other members of the Cobra unit were at least half as fun of a boss fight as him.

Last edited:

btbgfel

Scholar
The final fight in Daggerdale.
With determination I overcome the targeting system which autolocks every enemy other than the boss who I am trying to focus on.After the boss pulling a dragon out of his @ss,my pc beat the dragon's feet with a stick until it moves them away, while the boss, being a Bane cleric himself, panting on the ground instead of healing him self.Then you have a whopping 0.5 second to attack the boss, otherwise you have to beat poor dragon's feet all over again. You can keep doing this over for 8 hours to give the boss enough time to rememorize all his spells, but nope he just keep kneeling there,busy panting. If you bother to attack the boss, it will lead to a random QTE cutscene, in which you stab the dragon in the eye with a dagger and the dragon dies and crashes like a aircraft while you land safely despite the shouldbe falling damage. A truly unforgettable boss fight.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Aw, fuck it. Risking to be embarassed, I'll admit that I fucking love all boss fights of God of War series. I don't care that the games themselves are popamole corridors with stupid "puzzles" on every corner.

They got boss fights right. The music, the visuals, the dialogues, the atmosphere, design, movesets - everything. You can feel the rage and adrenaline pumping inside. Then press X and win.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I like God of War. I don't have a problem with "popamole corridors" when it's an arcade slasher with fun combat. The only things that bothered me in these games were the fucking QTEs (I hate this crap) and the annoying "badass" protagonist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom