Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Favourite maps for Heroes of Might and Magic 2,3 and 4?

Doma

Augur
I feel like I have played the default maps to death when it comes to Heroes of might and Magic II, III and IV (yes I love IV and I am not afraid to tell the world!)

I have also lost all the usermade maps I downloaded from sites like Celestial Heavens back in the day.

So I come here! Do anyone have a few favourite maps for the HoMM games? Would love som good recommendations.

Found a nice pack of HoMM 3 maps, have not tested them yet.
http://www.hommdb.com/maps/heroes-3/heroes-iii-map-pack/

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You didn't say if you played all the HoMM 2 Gold maps, which includes user made maps, but here's my list of good to excellent user made HoMM 2 maps:
Grim Reaper, Clash of Titans, Two Mages and Dead Dragons by Greg Schneider
Run Jason, Run!
Hero's Realm
!
Satan's Den 1-3, Lightbringer 1-3, Necromantic 1-2 by Eric R. Hutchins
Gates of Hell, Plains of Aekon by Grayson Towler (designed for co-op play)
Hobbit
Bad to the Bone
Sinbad
Clouds of Xeen
Wizard's Land 1-3
Quest to See
Ghost Planet, Colossal Caverns by Charles Watkins
Evil Attacks!
Last Hope Campaign, Nosferatu by Timothy Duncan
Dark Seas
Desert Tribes
Sands of Time
Dry Years
Usurper
Agent of Heaven campaign is probably good too (haven't played it yet).

Of these my favourites are Dead Dragons and Colossal Caverns.

HoMM 3:
I was very impressed by the three "Pride" maps, Titanic Pride, Angelic Pride and Devilish Pride by Jason Russell. Some of the best user made content for any game I've played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom