Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favourite publisher/least shitty

What is the most tolerable publisher in your eyes?

• Ubisoft

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • EA

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Squere Penis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Activision Blizzard

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Microsoft

• SEGA

• sony

• Bandai namko

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Konami

• Paradox

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Capcom

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well the above.I will go with Bethesda.They will not play ball with corrupt journalists,from time to time they try something new like Prey and Dishonoured.Also do a decent job at resurrecting old games like DOOM.Also they are not that shitty greedy....much.Outside off paid mods and a few fabulous horse armour level dlcs,there is not much of a shit.They do have solid expansions.So for me they are the least shitty.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Paradox, no contest. Among this selection of greedy publishers, it is the only studio that makes good games on their own.
Nah paradox are shit.Greedy lazy and in competent,also most of their games aren't even invented by them.

Jokzore

Arbiter
The question of which company is your '' favorite '' is pretty damn idiotic and is the reason they keep getting away with doing scummy crap.

How about none of them because they're all soulless corporation looking to squeeze and rob you of everything you've got? Pre-order bonuses , retailer exclusive items , bits of the game chopped off so they can be sold to you later at exorbitant prices, they're all guilty of abusing your good will and fondness of the hobby, yes even fucking Paradox.

THEY'RE ALL SHIT

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Paradox, no contest. Among this selection of greedy publishers, it is the only studio that makes good games on their own.
Nah paradox are shit.Greedy lazy and in competent,also most of their games aren't even invented by them.
Who cares if they didn't invent them? They are releasing niche games like Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Tyranny etc. Their DLC policy is a bit OCD, but nobody is forcing you to buy them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The question of which company is your '' favorite '' is pretty damn idiotic and is the reason they keep getting away with doing scummy crap.

How about none of them because they're all soulless corporation looking to squeeze and rob you of everything you've got? Pre-order bonuses , retailer exclusive items , bits of the game chopped off so they can be sold to you later at exorbitant prices, they're all guilty of abusing your good will and fondness of the hobby, yes even fucking Paradox.

THEY'RE ALL SHIT
OR you simple take it as the least shyte company.I doubt that there is such a retard that worship a certain corporation,at least on the codex.

Educated
Was going to say Running With Scissors, they updated their 13 year game for free and I felt like the expansion I bought from them was worth the money, unlike majority of these poll options. Chose Bamco in the poll, if I were able to choose more than one I would probably choose Blizzard too. I don't remember anything bad from them

Jokzore

Arbiter
Blizzard too. I don't remember anything bad from them
Diablo III real-money auction house? Always online so you lag even though you're playing it in singleplayer.
Starcraft II always online with no LAN option and no way to reconnect when you get disconnected (resume from replay was added way later and is far from an ideal or even good solution).
WoW micro transactions in a game you already have to buy-to-play and pay a monthly subscription fee to access the damn servers. Also lets not forget their crusade against private servers which only exist because of Blizzards refusal to give players something they actually want e.i. progression servers, vanilla servers and earlier expansion servers.
Hearthstone , I'm nitpicking at this point but dis shit is way overpriced , just go play gwent.

Also, its not just '' Blizzard '' its Activision-Blizzard.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Blizzard too. I don't remember anything bad from them
Diablo III real-money auction house? Always online so you lag even though you're playing it in singleplayer.
Starcraft II always online with no LAN option and no way to reconnect when you get disconnected (resume from replay was added way later and is far from an ideal or even good solution).
WoW micro transactions in a game you already have to buy-to-play and pay a monthly subscription fee to access the damn servers. Also lets not forget their crusade against private servers which only exist because of Blizzards refusal to give players something they actually want e.i. progression servers, vanilla servers and earlier expansion servers.
Hearthstone , I'm nitpicking at this point but dis shit is way overpriced , just go play gwent.

Also, its not just '' Blizzard '' its Activision-Blizzard.
I believe that most of their bad shit is because they merged with activision and a lot of the blizzard staf go away.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Was going to say Running With Scissors, they updated their 13 year game for free and I felt like the expansion I bought from them was worth the money, unlike majority of these poll options.

They did that as a developer though, not merely a publisher.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
320px-Herve_Caen.jpg

RuySan

Augur
Rayman Legends, Call or Juarez:Gunslinger, Might and Magic X, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light.

I can even forgive the shitting over HOMM's legacy. So i vote ubisoft.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Namco. Most I despise, the others i'm indifferent to entirely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom