Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Felipepepe is the man, thanks for the work you are doing!

Gnashy

Barely Literate
Salutations!

Long-time Codex lurker here. I stop by throughout the years to reread the Cleve drama, enjoy the hottakes on games in general and enjoy the 00s VB feel.

I just popped in earlier this week to read up on the Codex's opinions on Battle Brothers (and look for Grimoire entertainment) and stumbled upon Felipepepe's CRPG Review project.

I love the idea of this and how he is approaching it. He's a great ambassador for the Codex and an excellent ambassador for CRPGs.

Thanks for what you are doing, Felipepepe, and thanks for letting me contribute to the book.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Salutations!

Long-time Codex lurker here. I stop by throughout the years to reread the Cleve drama, enjoy the hottakes on games in general and enjoy the 00s VB feel.

I just popped in earlier this week to read up on the Codex's opinions on Battle Brothers (and look for Grimoire entertainment) and stumbled upon Felipepepe's CRPG Review project.

I love the idea of this and how he is approaching it. He's a great ambassador for the Codex and an excellent ambassador for CRPGs.

Thanks for what you are doing, Felipepepe, and thanks for letting me contribute to the book.

Would like to suggest Mr Pepe has done more for RPG and safeguarding our birthright than Mr Avellone so maybe a Mr Pepe appreciation thread?

Oh - maybe this is it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Gee, thanks. But if everyone delivered the reviews they promised, I'd be appreciation enough.

felipepepe hates Pillars of Eternity, one of my most formative RPG experiences.
How old are you, 12? :shittydog:

Regardless, I don't hate PoE. I gave it a 4/5 on the GOTY poll and played through it twice. I wrote at length about this before, but my problem with PoE is how much compromise it has... everything in it feels like it was castrated, either to sell more to the mainstream audience or to please the arch-duke of balance, Mr. J. E. Sawyer. There's a lot of great in there, but every time I start to enjoy myself, the game does something really dumb or contrived. I've played the game on Path of the Dammed and saw how much complexity is there - but sadly Obsidian nerfed it down to irrelevance.

Still, I hope PoE 2 will address most issues and be a great game - but I'm not paying up front.

If you wanna see true hate, that's Wasteland 2. That game is garbage and convinced me to never give money to InXile ever again.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Regardless, I don't hate PoE. I gave it a 4/5 on the GOTY poll and played through it twice. I wrote at length about this before, but my problem with PoE is how much compromise it has... everything in it feels like it was castrated, either to sell more to the mainstream audience or to please the arch-duke of balance, Mr. J. E. Sawyer. There's a lot of great in there, but every time I start to enjoy myself, the game does something really dumb or contrived. I've played the game on Path of the Dammed and saw how much complexity is there - but sadly Obsidian nerfed it down to irrelevance.

Still, I hope PoE 2 will address most issues and be a great game - but I'm not paying up front.

If you wanna see true hate, that's Wasteland 2. That game is garbage and convinced me to never give money to InXile ever again.

Did you play White March? And Wasteland 2 wasn't that bad either, I enjoyed it.

tormund

Arcane
Hello, fellow member of this online community. I too hold this personage in high esteem. If said personage was to open a Patreon account I would gladly donate set amount of funds to it. Would you, fellow member, embrace such course of action too?

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If said personage was to open a Patreon account I would gladly donate set amount of funds to it. Would you, fellow member, embrace such course of action too?
Not gonna take money to make the book. I'd rather give it for free than work for pennies - and I like having no deadlines or obligations. This is a hobby, I do it when I feel like it. Last month I didn't even touch the book, was busy working, studying and exploring Tokyo. Don't want assholes demanding updates or refunds because I was busy, shitposting or just playing Dynasty Warriors.

Also, it reminds me of failures like this: https://www.gofundme.com/2joch0

Gnashy

Barely Literate
Gee, thanks. But if everyone delivered the reviews they promised, I'd be appreciation enough.

I think what you're requesting for a word count is very modest, especially since people are picking the games, so I'll have my writeups to you shortly. The hard part is going to be cutting my first drafts down. I'll have Wesnoth to you next week and D:OS shortly thereafter. Still looking at your list to see what else I might be interested in.

Users posting from this IP:
Gnashy
felipepepe

Really? My proxy wasn't working when I made this sockpuppet account?

Let me call IT right now and get this straightened out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom