Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Felipepepe's Encyclopedic CRPG Book Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like your book was shared on some big Spanish outlet. Spain doesn't usually rank that highly in these metrics.

Drax

Arcane
For people curious about stats:

GRY7Iqt.jpg

:kwafuckyeah:
:patriot:
puigdemont-kJ4G-U40229992992JCF-624x385@RC.jpg

:creamyblood:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think it is super cute someone who hates real crpgs and thinks pokeman is the best rpg ever made a book about rpgs. Its like when Geraldo Rivera made it seem like he was a combat veteran because he made reports safely near the vicinity of real soldiers fighting. Maybe we can get that ultra-culty left-wing nut that reviewed TToN to write a book about how free speech is good, especially on campus. Maybe I should write a book about how great console games made for kids are, especially the slightly interactive child-Anime ones that I despise so much.

All this from a site where exactly none of the staff were willing to list their top 10 favorite games of the last five years. The only explanation why is it would be like Stalin saying he loves capitalism, free press, and hates the Gulag.

Kuattro

Augur
Seems like your book was shared on some big Spanish outlet. Spain doesn't usually rank that highly in these metrics.

It's free. The only reason those 6.000 are not 600.000 it's because Spanish pensioners don't generally use the internet.

But yes, Meristation is one of the biggest games sites (or was a couple years back), and Menéame is the main Spanish News Aggregator.

Most people seem pretty happy with it (other than the usual idiots whining because they can't read English in 2018), and some are fondly recalling their first time playing Bloodwych, so it seems the Spanish crowd is rather pleased with it.

Portugal will be allowed to keep existing for a couple more years.

Congratulations are in order :)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Quick update: https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2018/02/10/update-20-thanks-epub-project-files/

Hello everyone,

It has been an overwhelming week! In less than 5 days the CRPG Book got over 100k downloads, and it has been a blast to see everyone enjoying it.

Several volunteers appeared to help with proofreading and I’m trying to come up with a good system for this. I’ve also “patched” the book to version 1.0.2, fixing a bunch of typos, grammar mistakes and adding three contributors whose name had been left out.

A lot of people want an ePub version. This is hard to do with such complex layout, but I’ve exported it was well as I could. Please get in touch if you know how to do this better.

ePub Version

Also, some groups are now translating the book to Spanish, Russian and Chinese! Besides the translations, a lot of people wanted to print a copy for personal use, make “abridged” versions, or simply check the files to see how the project was made.

So here’s a link to the full InDesign project.

The CRPG Book uses a CC BY-NC 4.0 Creative Commons license, meaning you can use it however you wish – as long as you credit the authors and don’t sell it.

Finally, I received a few offers to publish a hardcover version! The idea is to turn it into a charity fundraiser, so I’ll keep everyone updated as things progress.

But for now, I’ll rest a bit. Thanks everyone for an unforgettable week!

Now I enjoy my holiday! It's CARNAVAL in Brazil!

:ehue:

Amazing work Felipepe, and kudos to all those who parcipated to it.
Your will not to want to even establish a Patreon or a PayPal is amazing, and I understand it. But couldn't you do a secret one ?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Amazing work Felipepe, and kudos to all those who parcipated to it.
Your will not to want to even establish a Patreon or a PayPal is amazing, and I understand it. But couldn't you do a secret one ?
You can always donate to the Codex to express your appreciation. Think about it, without the Codex, this book wouldn't have happened. Therefore donating to us is only sensible.

Antigoon

Augur
Great achievement! I will certainly share this with as many people as possible.

Antigoon

Augur
Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also covered here
http://www.yxdown.com/news/201802/387819.html
http://hot.cnbeta.com/articles/game/697457.htm
https://www.douban.com/note/656815440/

I think the first is pointing out that while the book is in English it also covers Chinese (which?) and Japanese games.
The third one provides a translation of the introduction and I think he is saying that it might be more suited to a Brazilian audience. Not sure though :D
Tale of Wuxia is the first example that pops up in my head.

Antigoon

Augur
Also covered here
http://www.yxdown.com/news/201802/387819.html
http://hot.cnbeta.com/articles/game/697457.htm
https://www.douban.com/note/656815440/

I think the first is pointing out that while the book is in English it also covers Chinese (which?) and Japanese games.
The third one provides a translation of the introduction and I think he is saying that it might be more suited to a Brazilian audience. Not sure though :D
Tale of Wuxia is the first example that pops up in my head.
Uh of course. Their examples were all Japanese though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom